True Underdogs...a good thing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Lets face it - Roosters are the team to beat....
Souths would be considered the main challenger
Melbourne are limping in & the Dogs who play a good finals brand of footy are simply not good enough
Penrith have played above themselves (credit to them) but will surprise if they win another game....
Nth Qld have players in the right positions to be a genuine threat & easily could do just that.
Manly are injury ravaged & imo - equal 3rd with the Cows to take out the 2014 premiership.
Always written off before a ball is kicked, the calls of underdog are now very real with so many stars out & looking tired at seasons end.
Maybe with a nothing to lose attitude & backs against the wall, it could yet again get the best out of the Eagles.
Also rather then seeing the missing stars as such a disadvantage, its an opportunity for the Hasson, Lui, Jesse types to really make a statement on the finals arena....& become stars in their own right.
This finals campaign is that opportunity.

To me it's the Roosters and Souths.

The Sea eagles and Cowboys are capable of causing upsets.

So are the Panthers but in my opinion they are a "next year team".

Melbourne could do it but i really don't think they can.

The Bulldogs and Brisbane will be out week 1 I reckon.

The only good thing about how the finals gigged up this season is either the Storm or the Bulldogs will be out this week.

My major two hate teams are these and if it was a Grand Final between these two like the other year I wouldn't even watch, listen or care about it.

I definitely think it's a good thing, we tend to perform in finals when we're written off... last year's preliminary final a perfect example

Manly To Win! said:
I definitely think it's a good thing, we tend to perform in finals when we're written off... last year's preliminary final a perfect example
Agree, except in grand finals. From memory we have only won grand finals when we started favourites.

Id be so happy to see the roosters and souths both get knocked out so the media wish out on there wish of roosters souths grand final like they wanted last year

Silver Eagle said:
Id be so happy to see the roosters and souths both get knocked out so the media wish out on there wish of roosters souths grand final like they wanted last year

Souffs v Roosters GF is still possible if both lose this week. If one win and one lose though it will be out the window.

I'd really like to beat the roosters in the GF only because last years GF was ruined by so many bad calls. But really beating any of the other 7 teams in the big one would be sweet. Like most fans watching Thurston lose a gf would be priceless. Souffs getting a year closer to 50 without a premiership = Gold. Dogs and storm for obvious reasons and Penrith.... well no reasons really.

Bull****. I'm sorry, but have some faith. We came SECOND people on for and against only for a reason. We are one of the best teams, simple as that. I think we'll win it.

Off the back of that, I hope we retain most of our boys.

**** the Chooks. **** the Rabbits.

Ryan said:
Bull****. I'm sorry, but have some faith. We came SECOND people on for and against only for a reason. We are one of the best teams, simple as that. I think we'll win it.

... the Chooks. ... the Rabbits.

Who are you? And what have you done with @Ryan

Don't get me wrong I like what you say - but your tone has done a 180 in recent days

voicefromthehill said:
Ryan said:

Don't get me wrong I like what you say - but your tone has done a 180 in recent days

As far as the team goes, I'm extremely happy, and always have been. As far as off the field stuff goes, I've come to the realisation, that I just can't do anything about it, and what will be, will be.

I'll still sit in the gold section along the fence on my own (hopefully my boys interest picks up soon), and watch whoever goes around for next season and beyond.

I might be pissed off about a performance by the team or a player, or think Toovey gets out coached ocassionally, but as a paying season ticket holder, I reckon that gives me a right to be a whingeing bitch. Hahahahahah

Ryan said:
voicefromthehill said:
Ryan said:

As far as the team goes, I'm extremely happy, and always have been. As far as off the field stuff goes, I've come to the realisation, that I just can't do anything about it, and what will be, will be.

I'll still sit in the gold section along the fence on my own (hopefully my boys interest picks up soon), and watch whoever goes around for next season and beyond.

I might be pissed off about a performance by the team or a player, or think Toovey gets out coached ocassionally, but as a paying season ticket holder, I reckon that gives me a right to be a whingeing .... Hahahahahah

Haha true true

Looking at foxsports news tonite, snake seem to be moving ok.
C'mon, we're only really missing the solid middle defence of matty Ballin and his great distribution work.
we can do this.
Muscle up in the middle boys.

also with snake back, Taufua will not feel so isolated with the high bombs.

why they dont have cheyse blair there on the wing is beyond me.
I hope hassan do not make mistakes on friday night. he seem to make at least a few blunders everytime he is on.

The confidence is down compared to the dominant 2011 series when it was a case of how much we win by each game.
Usually the media beat ups writing us off are laughable & when Manly win they start "you can never write these blokes off, so much talent & experience in the big games" opposed to the too old pre game cliche they had previously stated.
Thing is, this 2014 team have nothing to lose imo, as these blokes who are stepping up can make a name for themselves & set their careers up with a massive finals series.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6