True supporters!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Even though we know that parra have a big chance of doing us over, will you be tipping manly in your tipping comps? If so why?

Yes I will tip Manly, because I will never give those vermin the satisfaction of a tip to beat us. 

I always tip Manly and no longer participate in tipping comps. Have lost money. Will never tip against Manly though. Manly to smash parra to little pieces of slimy eel.

Me too DT. Sometimes it's almost as though my eyes are completely shut ...  but all I see is Manly swarming over those big-headed overrated golden booted superstar slimeys. I tip Manly.

I'll tip Parra. I'm in Tipping Comps because I'm competitive and I want to win. I'm not going to throw tips away willy nilly.

Wouln't a true supporter be someone that, supports the club by buying merchandise going to games etc even though they know the team is gone.

Therefore being a realist and picking against your team if you feel they can't win a certain week.

Agree 100% Byso.

Tips in tipping comps don't do anything for the club. Winning a Tipping Comp will increase my funds, therefore allowing me to purchase something from the club in the future.

I think blindly tipping manly is an immature view.

It's not like wether you tip them will have any bearing on how they play.

I could never just tip Manly each week as they are my team, thats just dumb.  I wonder if people who do always pick them did so week in and week out over 03 and 04.  If so they are retarded. 

Haven't we had this discussion several times?  Byso probably brings it up every time we play Parra as he doesn't get any action for a week from his Slime supporting better half.

haha, I did not read Mata's post, just the first one and last one.  Besides he is not retarded, he is special :)

The thing about our team these days is they can beat anyone on their day.

The other thing about them is they can lose to anyone in the most bizare of circumstances.

However, im tipping a win.

I will be tipping Parra! If they beat us at least I will get something out of it. If we happened to snare a win, I will willingly give up the points to see those slimy creeps go down.

Garts link said:
haha, I did not read Mata's post, just the first one and last one.  Besides he is not retarded, he is special :)
Hey special boy, I said I would not tip the Eels, I didn't say I never tip against Manly. 

I don't think we are without hope against the Eels. There was a lot to like about our performance on Monday and there was some good intensity. Realistically Brett didn't have that big of an impact for us on Monday so it's not like he is irreplaceable, in fact you could argue he cost us the game by failing to tidy up that scrappy chip kick near the halfway and gave the Tigers another set. It was a bad beat and we were far from outclassed. My biggest worry is that we will miss Rose's impact, and also if it was at Brookie I'd be much more confident. I'll decide on the day which way I'll tip but I don't think it's a forgone conclusion.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=182676.msg255144#msg255144 date=1268825034]
Hey special boy, I said I would not tip the Eels, I didn't say I never tip against Manly. 
[/quote]

I know that after reading it.  My response was not directed at anyone in particular, just a general comment. 

I don't think I'm retarded, special or otherwise and I've tipped against Manly once or twice at most in 15 years. I enter tipping comps for a bit of fun not to put food on the table with the winnings.

My wife and I tip together. Generally she is the realist and I am the optimist but not tipping against Manly is nothing to do with anyone or anything else other than the fact that Manly is always some kind of chance in a two horse race and we will always believe that they can win.

Even with all our troubles I would rate Manly a reasonable chance against the eels at their ground. That will do me.

Garts link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182676.msg255155#msg255155 date=1268827462]
[quote author=Garts link=topic=182676.msg255144#msg255144 date=1268825034]
[/quote]

I know that after reading it.  My response was not directed at anyone in particular, just a general comment. 
[/quote]  LOL, been taking spin lessons from Des' 9 wins from 9 games school?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6