Trouble within the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
I have said it before, and I will say it again......

I would rather we miss the 8 and have a team of decent people, who represent our community and our standards on the northern beaches ANY DAY over a team of show off, know it all w@ankers. I celebrated when Dylan walker left. And I would be so disappointed if we signed a player like Luai.

You can keep him Panthers. He's all yours. I hope he represents your community the way you want to be represented.

This is why the Rainbow jersey disappointed me so much last year. I don't give a damn about the religious element and the personal beliefs etc.... it disappointed me that Manly, the northern beaches, and our community were seen as not standing side by side with the LQBTQI+ community.

We're manly - and we are better than that.
While I appreciate with the overall sentiment a coupe of points for me

1. I am not sure what our standard is on the beaches? There are many fine players who have represented the club with pride from outside of our fair shores (Bozo the player / bozo the supporter , Cliffy, DCE to name a few) - good people and good culture are not necessarily dependent on location no matter how great it is to live here

2. Get your point re the players but it is a hard one as there are very few humble clubs which leads me to think it is somewhat of a generational thing in addition to a club structure

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
can’t wait for pride round this year!

We went well It last year. Actual kept the Roosters try less in the second half. The last half of football we won for the season.

I don't believe the bs about the jersey issue. Just as I don't believe Tom is fit and well or Schuster is injured.

Wake up people - Australia needs you.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader

1. I am not sure what our standard is on the beaches? There are many fine players who have represented the club with pride from outside of our fair shores (Bozo the player / bozo the supporter , Cliffy, DCE to name a few) - good people and good culture are not necessarily dependent on location no matter how great it is to live here

2. Get your point re the players but it is a hard one as there are very few humble clubs which leads me to think it is somewhat of a generational thing in addition to a club structure
Thank you. I can't argue with any of that.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz

47MVEagle

Bencher
I’m with @Harmless27 - call me old fashioned but I appreciate sportsmanship & respect on the field so grubby behaviour & this trend of not only applauding opposition mistakes but also getting into their faces when they make a mistake just makes me cringe.

I notice it has increased in the years since the NRL banned punching on - no small coincidence IMO.

Anyway, give me a team of Steve Menzies’ & Jake Trbojevics over a bunch of poor sports any day.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
You keep the ones that care and show commitment to the game and want to be at the club. I'm not signalling out that it's everyone from the West but in Manly's case our recruitment strategy and association with Blacktown hasn't worked.
This is the big misconception about blacktown though, maybe it's more a lack of knowledge of the geography of suburbs out west that's causing the confusion, not one player named above is from blacktown workers, blacktown the area or even penrith rl nursery in which blacktown sits under. All these boys are from Fairfield or Parramatta jrl. So people keep using these players as an account of what blacktown have provided us, when in fact it is actually Nada other than a few fringe first graders that play cup

JenEagle

Bencher
I'm not sure why Scott Fulton left ... but if I was a betting man, I would wager Global's left nut that this is the real reason .. this appointment was announceda about a month ago.

Peter Gentle has taken over Cleal's role as Recruitment Manager ... former asst to Seibs at Broncos
I would think that Scott would have thought he was a Schu in for the job. Whether it was a tactic to get him to go ... that is the question ..
that makes a lot of sense. He wouldn’t go to the tigers for no reason. Seriously No one would head to the tigers if they didn’t have to.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’m with @Harmless27 - call me old fashioned but I appreciate sportsmanship & respect on the field so grubby behaviour & this trend of not only applauding opposition mistakes but also getting into their faces when they make a mistake just makes me cringe.

I notice it has increased in the years since the NRL banned punching on - no small coincidence IMO.

Anyway, give me a team of Steve Menzies’ & Jake Trbojevics over a bunch of poor sports any day.

And it's heart warming to see a player give an opposition player a lift up when they are down.

I love that stuff.

47MVEagle

Bencher
According to Crown Sports website, Schuster, Olakau’atu & Saab are the only remaining Manly players they have on their books.

Tuitavake still appears in a Manly jersey but he’s gone to the Dragons & Fifita doesn’t appear in their gallery.

It’s been mentioned Samuela & Latu Fainu are also managed by Tartak but no mention of them on their website - perhaps they haven’t updated it recently.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
Tot

Totally agree with you @lsz
ANYONE is welcome to join the club - all comers are welcome, and you have called out some people who are great examples. My point is that when you join Manly, you become a representative of the club and the community. You don't have to be 'from the nthn beaches' to represent it.

As for the comments made by the other fella regarding Choc and Brett Stewart..... I don't know them personally. I have a soft spot for Brett as I feel he was treated unfairly by many, and I think it has hurt him personally and professionally. But from what I gather, he is a stand up bloke.

Choc - well, I won't even TRY to defend him. Bad egg.

But you are missing my point - it is about intent. We don't always get it right, but we should strive as a club to be about MORE than winning. We are the manyly Warringah Sea Eagles. Yes, we are a professional club - but we STARTED as a community club. We started as a club that represented the community, and had an culture and identity. The game has moved on - but that doesn't mean we should sell our soul to the highest bigger and accept that all that matters is winning - class means nothing.

You are not understanding my point - so let's leave it here. Bigger fish to fry.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
Freezing local juniors out of the selection process in favour of juniors from the west for the past 10 years can’t have provided much incentive for local kids to play league.

I daresay Jacob Preston at the dogs is evidence of that.
Was Jacob Preston frozen out though? Or is it just poor management on behalf of the club? It's pretty poor that in such a small local league as the Northern Beaches, we don't have anyone identifying such talent. Who else has been frozen out, and by whom?

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
So you deni
Tot

Totally agree with you @lsz
ANYONE is welcome to join the club - all comers are welcome, and you have called out some people who are great examples. My point is that when you join Manly, you become a representative of the club and the community. You don't have to be 'from the nthn beaches' to represent it.

As for the comments made by the other fella regarding Choc and Brett Stewart..... I don't know them personally. I have a soft spot for Brett as I feel he was treated unfairly by many, and I think it has hurt him personally and professionally. But from what I gather, he is a stand up bloke.

Choc - well, I won't even TRY to defend him. Bad egg.

But you are missing my point - it is about intent. We don't always get it right, but we should strive as a club to be about MORE than winning. We are the manyly Warringah Sea Eagles. Yes, we are a professional club - but we STARTED as a community club. We started as a club that represented the community, and had an culture and identity. The game has moved on - but that doesn't mean we should sell our soul to the highest bigger and accept that all that matters is winning - class means nothing.

You are not understanding my point - so let's leave it here. Bigger fish to fry.
So you denigrate a young islander in Luai who has never been arrested for anything illegal while making excuses for a 40 year old white man who got arrested in possession of the marching powder. Your logic is going all skewered again mate.
And as far as carry on from sports stars is concerned, it happens in every sporting code around that world. NBA, NFL, Premier League, Tennis, It's hardly a bloody crime. Imagine if they were all emotionless robots. How boring.

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
And it's heart warming to see a player give an opposition player a lift up when they are down.

I love that stuff.

I saw Teddy slide off into the advertising boards y'day and young Warriors winger offered a hand. I could just read his mind "don't ask for an autograph, don't ask for an autograph, don't ask for an autograph" Can't blame him if he did hahaha. Good stuff from a young "rookie".

Edit: Edward Kosi is his name, #5.

Last edited:

47MVEagle

Bencher
Was Jacob Preston frozen out though? Or is it just poor management on behalf of the club? It's pretty poor that in such a small local league as the Northern Beaches, we don't have anyone identifying such talent. Who else has been frozen out, and by whom?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18