Trouble within the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
Ok great so no dramas just boys being boys.
Schu will smash himself doing fitness and be back better than ever.
The boys are all sweet together and they'll do the job on the donkeys on Fri night.
I feel better now thanks Josh A.
We can only hope Mick.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
You see how I said “I daresay…”?

That means I suspect (I “dare say”) it is so.

This assumption is based on the Western Sydney pathways program set up by the Fultons to bring players from outwith the Northern Beaches to MWSE.

In case you are unaware, part of this program made the decision to NOT recruit from Northern Beaches clubs, hence my use of the term “frozen out”.
Calm down man... You'll give yourself an aneurism at this rate. Now let me get this right. You are claiming that if the next big thing pops up on the Northern Beaches, Manly won't attempt to sign him? Is that really what you're getting at?

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader

This assumption is based on the Western Sydney pathways program set up by the Fultons to bring players from outwith the Northern Beaches to MWSE.

In case you are unaware, part of this program made the decision to NOT recruit from Northern Beaches clubs, hence my use of the term “frozen out”.

This is from our clubs official site.​

JUNIOR RUGBY LEAGUE /​

0i8a5487.jpg

The Sea Eagles want to encourage as many kids as possible to be physically active and experience being part of a team environment. Junior League is a great way to do this.
Our junior programs are aimed at giving boys and girls of all ages, the opportunity to learn and improve their rugby league skills and make new friends along the way. All Sea Eagles programs are conducted in a safe, fun and inclusive environment.
Some of our programs held throughout the year include:
  • School Holiday Fun Days
  • Sea Eagles Come & Try Afternoons.
  • Sea Eagles School Clinics
We also support a number of NRL programs each year:
  • NRL Community Carnival
  • NRL Pre-Season 9’s Tournament
  • NRL School Gala Days – Emerging School’s 7’s Challenge Gala Day, PSSA All Schools Gala Days and Eagle Tag Finals.
r-jnr-club-relay-junior-rugby-league-sea-eagles.jpg

If you are a registered junior league player, throughout the 2021 season, you have the opportunity to be involved in the following events:
Juniors at Manly Sea Eagles Home Games
During the NRL Season, our stars of the future from Manly district junior league clubs from Under 6’s up to Under 8’s are given the exciting opportunity to play mini-games in front of the crowd.
Junior rugby league players from Under 6s to Under 10s also have the chance to form a guard of honour or run out with the Sea Eagles players at the start of our NRL games.
Junior League Club Relay
The Junior Rugby League Club relay is held annually at a Sea Eagles home game with runners from all 12 local Clubs from Under 6 through to Under 15 competing to win the title of fastest club in the district.
NRL Player Visits to Junior Clubs
Sea Eagles NRL players visit local junior clubs throughout the season and enjoy spending time with local junior league players and dedicated volunteers from each club.
Junior League Registration
Interested in joining a team as a player, coach or volunteer? 2021 junior league registrations are now open!
Visit playnrl.com for more information and to register or select from one of the Manly Warringah District junior rugby league clubs below:

Shoe1

Journey Man

Dce usually says daresay in interviews, I like it.

There's quite a few NRL players currently we have let slip through our fingers from the northern beaches that I can think of.

Clint Gutherson
Bailey Simonsson
Jacob Preston
Freddie Lussick
Sam Verrills

Among others in our system from a young age albeit not technically from the beaches

Jesse Ramien
Nicho Hynes
Cade Cust*
Jared Waera Hargreaves
Liam Knight
Luke Garner

There's some real quality in that list, even the lesser names could probably slot straight into our squad somewhere. I can understand the need or advantages in developing players locally but it's no good if you don't identify them and keep them. Something I think the club has struggled with for a while now. Well at least the retention side of it.
In relation to halves recruitment, how TF did we manage to give Nicho,Hastings the flick and bypass Cust only to end up with Blake Green, Croker, Johns, Schu and now Flanno.
Thats a lot of bad decisions right there.

Ned

Bencher
This is the big misconception about blacktown though, maybe it's more a lack of knowledge of the geography of suburbs out west that's causing the confusion, not one player named above is from blacktown workers, blacktown the area or even penrith rl nursery in which blacktown sits under. All these boys are from Fairfield or Parramatta jrl. So people keep using these players as an account of what blacktown have provided us, when in fact it is actually Nada other than a few fringe first graders that play cup
So why they our feeder team then?

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
Yeah exactly! BringBacktheBiff for sure eh, mate?
Can someone please explain to me what this lunatic is bloody saying here? He has been like a yappy little Schnauzer, nipping away at my ankles since stalking my first post.

Stop and breath, go eat a biscuit or something.

You posted that you don't like all the bruh ha ha that players carry on with since the punch was outlawed. I responded that as Reggie would say (Reg Reagan, Matty Johns, Cooper's old man,) that perhaps the NRL needs to bring back the biff. Far out.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Can someone please explain to me what this lunatic is bloody saying here? He has been like a yappy little Schnauzer, nipping away at my ankles since stalking my first post.

Stop and breath, go eat a biscuit or something.

You posted that you don't like all the bruh ha ha that players carry on with since the punch was outlawed. I responded that as Reggie would say (Reg Reagan, Matty Johns, Cooper's old man,) that perhaps the NRL needs to bring back the biff. Far out.

images (5).jpg

KNUCKLES

Bencher
So why they our feeder team then?
Well I can only presume, the decision was made as a long term investment/gain rather than a short one. Any decent juniors that are coming of age or of age when Btown became our feeder club, would of already had eyes on them by penrith probably for quite some time and signed by St marys. I feel the Fulton's were thinking further into the future, where our eyes will be on kids coming through workers from a young age and up the age groups where we can identify the talent there first. They'd probably feel more obliged to stay with their junior club through loyalty also if they knew there was a pathway to the NRL rather than just the mainstream option of playing massey for st marys in the area. Blacktown hasn't given us anything now but I feel like it could in the future, to what extent is anyone's guess I suppose. But with the amount of participation levels at every club out here, there will be some good players come through at some point. Well that's my thoughts anyways

Last edited:

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Oh pluck a duck. I've been reading certain threads on this forum sporadically for a few weeks now. You are as predictable as my bowels moving in the morning Shakespeare. I notice you love coming third man when there is a dispute on here. Perhaps I should refer to you as big Sammy Thaiday.
Whatever floats your boat @Thewestisbest I am sure you've had lots of other names as well though
@:cool:

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
grandiose

grăn′dē-ōs″, grăn″dē-ōs′

adjective​

1. Characterized by greatness of scope or intent; grand.
  2. Characterized by excessive self-importance or affected grandeur; pompous.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader

I daresay, this would have to be one of the most outlandish disclosures I have rea in a while. Imagine believing a football club anywhere would decide not to recruit from their own locality.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16