Trouble in Parra!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I find it quite interesting that a Parra director (who is a Pirtek representative) quit from the Board due to the poor job done by Paul Osborne. Particularly in relation to finances! I wonder why???? The club is heading for a 2.5 million loss and the fat clown is spending money like a drunken sailor!! It's only a matter of time that Hopoate sees thru this liqudated debacle and return to the Eagles with his 10 other family members looking for a feed!!

Earnie the Eagle said:
The Hoppas have jumped the ship here only to land in the Titanic, pfffttt ....wonder if they have a get out clause.

Or a lifejacket - doubt john can swim with his thumb....:p

I feel like I've been victimised. It's because of who I am. I've done my time [for past mistakes], if it wasn't me there
wouldn't be a reaction," John Hopoate in the Telegraph after it was revealed he abused a Touch Judge at an under 13's
game.

It just gets worse...poor hoppas

I would not be too quick to smirk at Parra. There is a cautionary tale there. We will lose money this year despite the bonus of millions that comes from winning a Premiership. They lost $2.5 despite the advantages of their ground and corporate facilities.

Imagine how much we will lose if we finish outside the 8, let alone finish 14th like them? All the more reason why we should be perturbed by events of the recent weeks that could have consigned us to uncompetitive. At least Parra's Leagues Club can kick the can for millions, unlike ours.

Matabele said:
I would not be too quick to smirk at Parra. There is a cautionary tale there. We will lose money this year despite the bonus of millions that comes from winning a Premiership. They lost $2.5 despite the advantages of their ground and corporate facilities.

Imagine how much we will lose if we finish outside the 8, let alone finish 14th like them? All the more reason why we should be perturbed by events of the recent weeks that could have consigned us to uncompetitive. At least Parra's Leagues Club can kick the can for millions, unlike ours.

hey lighten up this was just a joke about the hoppas, I fully aware of our and other clubs problems and dont need to be constantly reminded about it and other doom and gloom thats going on.

runningrugby said:
Particularly in relation to finances! I wonder why???? The club is heading for a 2.5 million loss and the fat clown is spending money like a drunken sailor!!

Maybe they should ask the question?

What should we do with a drunken sailor?

bob dylan said:
What should we do with a drunken sailor?

I don't know about the drunken sailor, but the drugged out sailor went to St George for a few years and now he is commentating on Fox.

Parra seem to be wasting money. Remember the hoopla when Osmond signed his friend Tahu? I don;t think Tahu lasted the season. They also signed several players well past their best (Carl Webb, Chris Hicks etc).

But I'm particularly mystified why anyone would pay such a fortune for a player who won't even be there for two years. You just don;t know if he'll still have the motivation to play, nor if he'll fit into the culture.

With Hoppa Srn complaining that he needs big money for his big family to live on, how are the Hoppas going to survive in 2012 and 2013? Or is Parra paying them during the Missionary period?

Phantar said:
Osmond? Inside info TW? Is Donny Osmond the Parramatta CEO?

Oswald... Ozzie Ostrich . . I don;t care, he's the big fat bloke in charge of that laughing stock out west.

The Who said:
With Hoppa Srn complaining that he needs big money for his big family to live on, how are the Hoppas going to survive in 2012 and 2013? Or is Parra paying them during the Missionary period?

And there goes any remaining respect I had for John Hopoate. If he really complained about that, then that is ridiculous, he bought it upon himself. I'm glad the Hopoate's have gone, good riddance. Hope they don't come back. I'll have no sympathy if they have problems at Parramatta.

Parramatta are a basket case and thank god they are. Have a look at how many players currently in the NRL have played juniors in their catchment area. It's ridiculous. Fortunately they have no idea how to look after them, because if they did they would be the most powerful club in the game. The Panthers and Dragons are pretty much the same.

The Warriors are starting to go in the right direction and you saw the benefits of that this year with all 3 teams making the big day.

MK Eagle said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
The Hoppas have jumped the ship here only to land in the Titanic, pfffttt ....wonder if they have a get out clause.

Or a lifejacket - doubt john can swim with his thumb....:p

His thumb just makes him "water-tight" - sorry old frog's a*se joke...:rolleyes:

Read today's SMH on 'Donny' Osborne's troubles:

Crisis rocks Parramatta club as director quits
Kate McClymont
October 15, 2011

Controversy ... Paul Osborne, at the clubhouse yesterday, says he has cleared his debts to the Eels.
Paul Osborne faces claims of financial irregularities and harassment, writes Kate McClymont.

THE board of the Parramatta NRL club is in crisis following allegations of financial irregularities and a complaint against the club's chief executive, Paul Osborne.

Matters came to a head on Monday when Glenn Duncan, a director of Parramatta Rugby League Club and head of the club's major sponsor Pirtek, resigned over the board's failure to take action against Mr Osborne.

For the past three months, the board has been aware of allegations raised about Mr Osborne, including the use of a top-of-the-range series BMW provided by a club sponsor, and that he has been forced to repay the club $35,000 in unauthorised expenses incurred on his club credit card last year.

Advertisement: Story continues below
Mr Osborne said yesterday his wife ''had used my business card and that's how it got so big''. He said he was confident he had ''cleared his debts to the club''.

The Herald has been told that a $9500 repayment was made through a cheque from a company associated with the club's chairman, Roy Spagnolo.

Mr Osborne said he was sure he had not used Mr Spagnolo's funds to repay his club debts.

Mr Spagnolo was confronted by Mr Duncan at a board meeting on October 6 about whether he had ever loaned Mr Osborne money and, if so, why had he not declared a conflict of interest in dealing with Mr Osborne's future employment.

Four days later, Mr Spagnolo sent a confidential email to his fellow directors on the board.

''At his request, and using my own resources, I advanced Paul monies not all of which have been repaid,'' he wrote.

''Having reflected on the matter, and in the interest of probity,'' Mr Spagnolo said he would not deal ''with Paul's future employment while Paul is personally indebted to me''.

He confirmed yesterday to the Herald that Mr Osborne still owed him money but refused to disclose the amount. ''It's nothing to do with the club. It is a personal situation,'' he said.

On top of his financial problems, Mr Osborne, a father of nine and a member of Hillsong Church, has also been the subject of an internal investigation over his relationship with a work colleague.

Club officials met a young female employee yesterday, who alleges that Mr Osborne and his colleague had accused her of gossiping about their relationship.

Mr Spagnolo said the matter had been dealt with by the board but he did not wish to discuss how it had been dealt with.

As to Mr Osborne's future with the club, Mr Spagnolo said: ''He will be with the club.''

Mr Duncan declined to comment on the Osborne matter yesterday, except to say: ''The recent decisions of the board go against all my business principles which place me in a position of no longer being able to meet my expectations and duties as a director.''

Mr Osborne's financial problems have been exacerbated by his purchase of a $1.9 million Byron Bay holiday home in April.

Sarah Dougan, the real estate agent who sold Mr Osborne the house, is under investigation by the Department of Fair Trading after $550,000 was discovered missing from her trust account in July. In August, a fortnight before she was made bankrupt, Ms Dougan placed a caveat on Mr Osborne's Massinger Street house, claiming she ''caused monies to be paid towards the purchase price'' and was seeking ''the repayment of the said monies''.

Mr Osborne said he had been ripped off by Ms Dougan and was pursuing her through the Department of Fair Trading.

Two years ago, Mr Osborne, who earns an estimated $270,000, bought a house with his wife in Kenthurst for $920,000.

Mr Osborne, 45, who played first-grade rugby league for St George and Canberra, is a former police officer and a former member of Parliament. He became the Eels chief executive in mid 2009

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/crisis-rocks-parramatta-club-as-director-quits-20111014-1lpac.html#ixzz1anShzrXL

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6