Trivia Time - Easy question

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Actually wasn't that easy a question.
I went Bozo but assuming a losing GF, like against souffs or something, back when field goals were 2 points.
I had forgotten that FG by Wombat in the replay.
Shame on me...
Can anyone answer this,
I can only think of 1 player who has had 3 stints at this club.
Can anyone name him or anyone else who may have done this?

If by stints, you don't necessarily mean playing then:

Arko was a player, coach, then administrator = 3

(hopefully)??

He played 27 first grade games, 20 for us and 7 elsewhere.
That amount surprises me.
He was a bloodnut...
That "s a tough one Harvie , been thinking about it for quite a few minutes now of and on and still can "t register . Assumed that he would have come to Manly as a young player , the clue should help . Sure that it will come to me eventually , just not sure when and if someone else does not have the answer before hand .

Only player that really comes to mind is Daniel Harrison [ who was one of your other quiz answers some time ago ] Recall that he initially came to Manly as a junior rep , then went to the Bulldogs ?, then returned , then went to the Eels ? . Not sure if he returned again to Manly then though .
Manly Al come on down,
Hahahaha yes you are correct and it certainly shows my memory up as being crap.
Yes he did return to finish off his career with us before returning to the central coast.
I still can't think of any other player, even at another club who has had 3 stints at a club as a player.
Might be one for Middo...

Manly Al come on down,
Hahahaha yes you are correct and it certainly shows my memory up as being crap.
Yes he did return to finish off his career with us before returning to the central coast.
I still can't think of any other player, even at another club who has had 3 stints at a club as a player.
Might be one for Middo...
Pretty sure that i would still have been struggling without the clue though . Quite a reasonable footy player too , surprised that he still had three stints T B H

And what about this guy.
Possibly the unluckiest player to have played 1st grade as far as missing out on a premiership goes anyway.
And I refer to a player who played for 3 clubs, was beaten by the club he ultimately joined then beaten twice by the club he left and then retired a year or two short of a premiership with his 3rd club.
Shouldn't be too hard to work out...

And what about this guy.
Possibly the unluckiest player to have played 1st grade as far as missing out on a premiership goes anyway.
And I refer to a player who played for 3 clubs, was beaten by the club he ultimately joined then beaten twice by the club he left and then retired a year or two short of a premiership with his 3rd club.
I know this one fairly easily . Maybe someone else may be interested in naming him . Really felt sorry for him missing out incidentally , very good player in my opinion .

I know this one fairly easily . Maybe someone else may be interested in naming him . Really felt sorry for him missing out incidentally , very good player in my opinion .
Considering his achievements definitely...

And what about this guy.

Geoff Gerard
lost 78 GF @ Parra to Manly
lost 82,83 GF @ Manly to Parra
retired the year before the Panthers won the GF

Geoff Gerard
That's the man.
Played for NSW, Australia and was the first player to play 300 games, 311 all up but just couldn't land that premiership.
Still, I'd prefer his career than mine...

And what about this guy.
Geoff Gerard

1) All you guys need to get outside to do some chores.

2) James Graham was pretty unlucky on the ole losing a GF stakes.

Actually mum I'm mopping the floors.
Kevin Junee probably wouldn't consider himself too lucky there either.
In Graham's case, I don't think playing for the dragoons will increase his chances...

Sound advice and for me still plenty to do around the place but a bit restricted recently with almost continuous monsoonal rain for four days or so now

Never used to mind the occasional experience in snow country also but more inclined to the rain right now as it is still doing a lot of good in my part of the globe in so many ways .. The same weather system might eventually move into the centre and southern parts of the country where they really need it and hopefully in the next week or so .

Actually wasn't that easy a question.
I went Bozo but assuming a losing GF, like against souffs or something, back when field goals were 2 points.
I had forgotten that FG by Wombat in the replay.
Shame on me...

I had to look up if Wombat had kicked any other field goals. Turns out he got his first in the final round game of 1978 vs Rorters at the Sports Ground in Manly's 20-10 win. He got the one in the GF replay and then kicked one more in 1979 at Brookie vs Souths in a 15-4 win. Custom Match List - Rugby League Project

1978 was a weird year for field goals as Johnny Gibbs kicked one for a 1-0 lead over the Sharks in the semi final at the SCG. Try that in 2020 and the NRL media and NRL integrity unit would be all over the team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4