Trivia Time - Easy question

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know he scored a field goal in the replay against Cronulla. We were up 15-0 at half time and won 16-0. It's gotta be Wombat.

Can't find it on Google.

Eadie was my favourite. Randall was close. Was watching a game of Footy in Wollongong and a guy called Steve Nikataris walked into the ground. He was well known as he played cricket for NSW. The guy I was with said wow that’s Steve Nikataris & he coming our way. I said I bet you the first word out of his mouth will be Randall. Sure enough he comes over & says Randall. The guy I was with was stunned. We grew up at a place called Primbee. We used to play footy at the park & after every tackle I made I would say Randall. I know Randall story was a bit off beat but on the drink & sharing Manly stories.

Last edited:
Little bit more off track
Wenham Park was a baseball park in primbee
Hit my first home run there
Would easily catch 20 kg of lake prawns there at Xmas when they were running
Closest league team
Port Kembla blacks in the Illawarra comp and i4 or 5 Internationals

Ian Moir
Noel mulligan were 2 hard ones
Chris Walsh
John Simon
Good surf break With a southern off shire wind

Closest league team

Ian Moir
Chris Walsh
John Simon

...and a bit more off track - there was a siege in Primbee a couple of days ago, old mate eventually came out of the house and surrendered. Would’ve been funny if he hadn’t and the police had stormed the place, apparently he had greased the floors with soap, oil and god knows what else to make it difficult. Would’ve made a great video, set to Benny Hill music!

Eadie was my favourite. Randall was close. Was watching a game of Footy in Wollongong and a guy called Steve Nikataris walked into the ground. He was well known as he played cricket for NSW. The guy I was with said wow that’s Steve Nikataris & he coming our way. I said I bet you the first word out of his mouth will be Randall. Sure enough he comes over & says Randall. The guy I was with was stunned. We grew up at a place called Primbee. We used to play footy at the park & after every tackle I made I would say Randall. I know Randall story was a bit off beat but on the drink & sharing Manly stories.

Go to the thread called .. anecdotes wanted ... and post any Manly yarns there .....

I know he scored a field goal in the replay against Cronulla. We were up 15-0 at half time and won 16-0. It's gotta be Wombat.

Can't find it on Google.

He kicked the field goal as he was named man of the match...remember it well, wagged school to attend and to find the schools deputy principal sitting 3 rows behind me and a few other mates who wagged school with me = busted big time

Recall in an after match interview with that G F replay , Wombat was asked why he took that successful field goal option and just in his laid back manner , simply said that he was starting to get a little bored and just thought to try something different . The game was well and truly won and with Manly well in control , so really did not seem to matter at all .The Manly outside backs Gartner and knight from recollection also fired up well that afternoon but no question that Eadie was in a class of his own for that show down

Closest league team

Ian Moir
Chris Walsh
John Simon
Port Kembla still holds the world record for most 1st grade Premierships - last win 1965 - I’m a life member & also voted in hall of fame 13 at 100 year ceremony.

Port Kembla still holds the world record for most 1st grade Premierships - last win 1965 - I’m a life member & also voted in hall of fame 13 at 100 year ceremony.
Port Kembla Hall of fame 13 who had a connection there would have included Sydney ist graders and internationals ?

Wombat in the 1978 Grand Final Replay :cool:

Graham Eadie and Brett Kenny are the only players to have won both the Clive Churchill Medal (both retrospectively) as the best player in the Grand Final here, and the Lance Todd Trophy as the best player in the Challenge Cup Final.

Actually wasn't that easy a question.
I went Bozo but assuming a losing GF, like against souffs or something, back when field goals were 2 points.
I had forgotten that FG by Wombat in the replay.
Shame on me...
Can anyone answer this,
I can only think of 1 player who has had 3 stints at this club.
Can anyone name him or anyone else who may have done this?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4