Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trivia 12

sue ridgepipe

name the three coaches who have coached a club side,a state of oorigin side and an australian side.

Canteen Worker

Bozo has never coached State of Origin so it isn't him, Gould never coached Australia, Anderson never coached Origin either.

Did Frank Stanton every coach SOO? I don't think that Artie coached Australia either.

Bennett is definitely one. I think that Don Furner is a second and I am wondering about the thrid!

Larry Tate

Fatty,Stanton,Beetson.Fatty was captain once or twice on the NZ tour of '89.Ops,didn't read the question properly,did I? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Biscuits

There is actually 4 by my reckoning. Bennett, Beetson, Fearnley and Stanton. Stanton coached NSW in 82 and 84. according to ''State of Origin-gods of the grounds'' I hope it isnt providing me false information.

Canteen Worker

I thought of Stanton but couldn't remember him coaching NSW. I can't find a list of NSW coaches since 1980 and my memory of that time (in Origin) is a little hazy!

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Staff member
CW, this site has some good SOO info:
<a href='http://www.fogs.com.au/' target='_blank'>http://www.fogs.com.au/</a>

Hazy I understand :wink:

Canteen Worker

Thanks - looks good.

A few of us will have to share our bookmarked sites as there are a few around I don' know and the search engines don't pick them up.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Staff member
Biscuits coached SOO for NSW games 3, 4, 5, 9, 10 & 11. 6 games for two wins.

sue ridgepipe

when did he coach australia.fearnley coached parra,wests as well and i think illawarra in late 80s.

Matabele

Yep - coached Australia in 26 tests from 1978 to 1984.

Won 23, lost 3

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom