Tries from spilt kicks?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have such a reputation for not being able to handle the high ball it'd be the number one priority for our opposition's game plan. 5th tackle options always go to Jorge while I look through my fingers and hope for the best. 99% of the time they score or get a repeat set.

It's stupid snake never wants to run it up so he passes or leaves it he is a pussy ATM but could be injured but he looks badLi out of form
Please show a bit of respect to a club legend like Snake. Ok there was an error the other night that cost a try but you also must remember the number of tries he has saved over the years without forgetting the ones he has scored or made.

The game was handed to the worms on a platter due to mistakes especially the 10 that came direct from dropped balls. I think its important not to overlook how close that game actually was and how the team did without key players.

How many tries have we conceded this season from kicks where we have not taken them cleanly or just not challenged (Jorge)?
Every time a ball gets kicked in the air - I **** myself. Whenever catch on afull or defuse a kick..... And all the opposition coaches know it....

The pattern this season has been broken play. If you can get a break down from a kick then the lack of structure from that causes absolute havoc. The defenses are so well drilled to line up, spread and move forward that as soon as things go a little awry, things just fall apart.

The scramble has been lost

Defending kicks has been the teams achillies heel for a long time. We do not look convincing defending them and I cant remember too many tries coming to us where one of our guys catches a bomb to score. To see Gutho so confident under the high ball suggests to me that we missed a trick in letting him go. Brett is safe as a rule under a boom as is Tom, Jorge needs to improve there

Off these kicks - there's a few combined issues...
The players look awkward & uncertain because it has been an issue...
The red flag to signal danger does not seem to be up, urgency for some reason is missing, players inside do not really seem to move the way they should & though theres no blocking allowed - most teams boast far better kick protection.
Last but not least - Taufua is a lottery under the ball & Matai drops plenty his way also....Tom is exceptional & have mentioned before - can't understand why he is not used as an attacking weapon in the air up the other end - will win 75% of the ball over anyone.

There was 3 of them against the eels. Walker, Snake & Api fumbles all led to tries.
Not to mention the inability to defuse the bomb in the first place, which then went on to the Api fumble. That was like a double whammy. If I were the Eels, I'd be complaining they didn't get 2 tries out of it :)

There was a season there (quite a few back now) where Lyon was plucking them out of the air at will. Not to mention the good ole days where Snake was spectacular and was all over anything that was put up in the air.

Jorge is such a powerhouse and helps get us out of our danger zone like no other winger in the competition. He is also very good at bouncing off his wing to bury the opposition into the turf and shut down the play. Rarely have I ever seen him bungled into touch when the slightest of try scoring opportunities arise in the corner.

Yes, he is not the best under the ball but he gets picked week in week out because he brings a lot of positives to the team.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8