Tries against Manly from kicks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Titans only attacking weapon that looked dangerous was from kicks....which led to every try they scored...
Manly running amok in the 2nd half camouflaged this issue, but against the best kickers in Cleary and Reynolds it's an area I reckon needs to be looked at.
Admittedly the field position allowed by ridiculous officiating in the 1st half was also a catalyst, however 4-5 tries in 1 half of footy is a concern....fair call or harsh after Manly running away with the game ??

Fair call, but they wouldn’t have been there without the 6 agains. Manly needs to be squeaky clean to avoid the ref’s scrutiny.

Titans are a good attacking team though, look at the comeback vs roosters last week.

in keeping them to 24 manly kept them to below their average of 30 points at that ground.

Titans only attacking weapon that looked dangerous was from kicks....which led to every try they scored...
Manly running amok in the 2nd half camouflaged this issue, but against the best kickers in Cleary and Reynolds it's an area I reckon needs to be looked at.
Admittedly the field position allowed by ridiculous officiating in the 1st half was also a catalyst, however 4-5 tries in 1 half of footy is a concern....fair call or harsh after Manly running away with the game ??
Its ok I think Des noticed that they scored 5 tries from kicks. @:D

Agree....however they use to trap and scrap and watching replays nobody tried to throw out a leg to trap....have they changed that approach.

I think we have for quite some time been poor in handling kicks in goal , we seem to give a lot of try's away to kicks in goal which is a worry and now kicks are used more often and are more accurate , it needs to be addressed but we are not alone in this .

I don't think there is a defence to a well-placed short grubber.
We just don't seem to be able to do them as well as some other sides. With The Shoe back we'll have another kicking option (alongside DCE and Foz) so there is hope we'll improve.

Our three tries from kicks required great skill from the try scorers relative to the Titans tries. Maybe the Titans' kicks were better, but ours were more spectacular tries :clap:

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8