Trial V Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Perspective please explain @The Wheel

Under Des we won 2 grand finals including the record breaking history making biggest grand final slaughter score against the storm and you are getting excited about winning trials against understrength teams .

Seriously mate . What are your Manly Benchmark standards ?
What made our Manly Club Great Winning Grand Finals or winning trial games ?
Awise man once said
if you are depressed you are living in the past, if you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.”

@BOZO enjoy the present!

Any idea how long Jamie Humphreys is signed for. Maybe worth locking him up as the jackals will be circling.
From memory we were going to lock up Johns in our pre season trial claytons game.
The game you play when you are not playing a real game

And at the end of the season we through away the key

The moral of the story
One trail game does not define a whole season .

Awise man once said
if you are depressed you are living in the past, if you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.”

@BOZO enjoy the present!
Thank you for your post perspective feathered friend
The Key word to your post is Present
And the Greatest Present that our Legendary Manly club and our passionate Manly supporters deserve and Enjoy is this

I know it has been so long that maybe you have forgotten
But I will remind you

Lower our Legendary clubs Great Standards and We stand for nothing Great
1707640392077.png

Thank you for posting @The Wheel
The key words to this Manly story is STRONG CULTURE and as happy as we all are about a Manly win
We also know that strong cultures produce strong finals finishing teams

Our whole squad here and on the field.. only a couple of Rabbits players on to congratulate their team mates..

That too me says a lot about this squads mentality

The Manly Mentality.. ALL IN for each other..

Reminds me of the 90s.. built around playing for each other..wonder if Seibs is going to fine players who miss vital takles. Ala Bozo..haha
Bring back the fines.

Any idea how long Jamie Humphreys is signed for. Maybe worth locking him up as the jackals will be circling.
According to my records he signed in Nov '23 for one year, in which case you could be right.
Best lock him up soon before too far into 2024 when the enemy might pounce.

Bring Back the Premiership Wins (1972, 1973, 1976, 1978, 1987, 1996, 2008, 2011)
Its seems some people have forgotten the Greatness of What The Real Winning MANLY WAY is
We all want the premiership boz.
But lighten up a bit big fella, let's celebrate a little after a win today bro yeah?
Yes mainly our 2s beat mainly there 3s. It's no premiership. But how long has it been since footy was even on. There is a long long season ahead and no one showed if they could tackle or not today by the sounds.

But sometimes an early taste of success it' can good for a coach, the players, a club, it build belief. It's that belief that what your training hard at doing is working. That can see everyone going just that little bit harder again next week.

If we win the last game of the season. We celebrate even harder u and me I promise:)

Bring Back the Premiership Wins (1972, 1973, 1976, 1978, 1987, 1996, 2008, 2011)
Its seems some people have forgotten the Greatness of What The Real Winning MANLY WAY is
Give it a rest @BOZO FFS.
None of us on here have forgotten a goddamn thing.
Perspective time:
Your so-called passion for MWSE has become as non-sensical, repetitive and boring as most of your bloody posts.
Go Manly.

According to my records he signed in Nov '23 for one year, in which case you could be right.
Best lock him up soon before too far into 2024 when the enemy might pounce.
To be fair there were plenty saying the same about Cooper Johns this time last year. Not saying he does not have more talent but i would not base the decision on what looked like nothing more than another "scrimmage"

My selective thoughts on today's game - yes, I went (glad I did.... :)):

Luke Brooks will be good - he seems to be enjoying the freedom to try things, and his passing game, link work, and kicking in general play will be a bonus this year that we didn't have last year.

Benny T - VERY determined to make a mark on the game, and did just that.

Jaxon P - competent player, did his part, good goal kicker (though he did miss a relatively easy one. Unfortunately didn't get to see him in full flight much, don't know how he compares for speed with the rest of the back line.

Brown - did a lot of ball distribution.

Condon - dropped a couple of passes, made a break in the 2nd half down the middle like a runaway giraffe - tried hard.

Talau - involved, and some good runs; I have a suspicion he may have let in South's only try, but without a replay it's had to be sure.

GCKT - a threat when he ran the ball.

Humphreys - we're lucky to have both he and GCKT as back ups to Croaker at dummy half. Very good goal kicker, too. Very involved.

Arthur - no fuss, calm, competent.

Faulalo - good opportunistic intercept try. Though he was going to get caught by a Souths defender at one point, but did well to go 90 metres.

Overall - good passing, better handling than Souths today. Manly tried more things with kicks, too, which was good to see. More experience, class, and teamwork from Manly - not surprising, it was a below strength Souths side, but (as Siebold pointed out), Manly had 13 or 14 first graders missing as well. Good depth, good spirit, good intensity, good teamwork - what you want to see in a trial.

PS - Matthew Lodge was sitting about 8 to 10 seats in front of me. He moved to his seat freely, didn't seem to be suffering any ill effects from his injury last year. Possible bonus inclusion before round 5.......hopefully?

Luke Brooks will be good - he seems to be enjoying the freedom to try things, and his passing game, link work, and kicking in general play will be a bonus this year that we didn't have last year.

Jaxon P - competent player, did his part, good goal kicker (though he did miss a relatively easy one. Unfortunately didn't get to see him in full flight much, don't know how he compares for speed with the rest of the back line.

Condon - dropped a couple of passes, made a break in the 2nd half down the middle like a runaway giraffe - tried hard.

Talau - involved, and some good runs; I have a suspicion he may have let in South's only try, but without a replay it's had to be sure.

Humphreys - we're lucky to have both he and GCKT as back ups to Croaker at dummy half. Very good goal kicker, too. Very involved.

Faulalo - good opportunistic intercept try. Though he was going to get caught by a Souths defender at one point, but did well to go 90 metres.

Overall - good passing, better handling than Souths today. Manly tried more things with kicks, too, which was good to see. More experience, class, and teamwork from Manly - not surprising, it was a below strength Souths side, but (as Siebold pointed out), Manly had 13 or 14 first graders missing as well. Good depth, good spirit, good intensity, good teamwork - what you want to see in a trial.

PS - Matthew Lodge was sitting about 8 to 10 seats in front of me. He moved to his seat freely, didn't seem to be suffering any ill effects from his injury last year. Possible bonus inclusion before round 5.......hopefully?
How did Ray go, Bob?

How did Ray go, Bob?
RTV ? Tried hard - you can tell that he wants that other wing spot. He dropped one pass from memory. He was put into some space a couple of times, and made good metres (and two tries, I think!). Great to have competition for wing spots. He gave his opposite a lot to think about; you could tell Souths saw him as a threat with the ball that needed to be shut down quickly before he built up momentum - he's a powerful runner of the ball, and hits hard in defense.

Really measured and insightful reflection. Appreciate you taking the time to share Bob.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8