Trial Thread - Manly V Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Most important part of this trial is if DES has tactically changed the way we play for the speed of 6 again footy. If it is still always tight bunched and slow around the ruck we are screwed. Those teams playing at speed and with width are really widening the gap to the teams still playing old style footy.
Great point. Des just didn't change our tactics and play post Covid last year. Either that or our players just weren't up to it fitness wise. I hope summer training has changed that or it's bottom 4 again.

Just wondering what the reasoning is to give Boyle a run at lock , played a couple of games there at Black Town in 2019. , Know that the trend is to have bigger , middle type forwards there but would have the impression that while not a bad player , he would have to make some serious adjustments for a i st grade role [ Houmole ] Oloakau - atu was the regular lock in that Manly 20 's title side and did not look out of place there . Apart from Jake , maybe the only other 13 option would be Schuster but here is Boyle having a run there for whatever reason and again taking into account Haumole has previously played there in the juniors .

Have to agree that this Dylan Smith included in today 's squad is a likely looking full back , at least in attack . Good footy instincts and ability , the remaining top 30 spot will probably have to go to someone like Birt the way things seem now and Ideally one of the current squad contenders for full back to replace Turbo will be able to do a good enough job . Realize that after round 11 or so all Workers ;players will be eligible but Dylan Smith does look impressive already .

GAME DAY

IT MAY BE A TRIAL GAME AND WE MAY NOT EARN ANY COMP POINTS TODAY

BUT THE TEAM HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO EARN THE RESPECT OF THEIR FANS WITH A RESILIENT PERFORMANCE THAT WILL GIVE THEM A PSYCHOLOGICAL BOOST WITH A TASTE OF TIGER BLOOD AND A BIG WIN AND THE START OF A WINNING ADDICTION

COME ON MANLY . GET ADDICTED TO WINNING AGAIN !!!

GAME DAY

IT MAY BE A TRIAL GAME AND WE MAY NOT EARN ANY COMP POINTS TODAY

BUT THE TEAM HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO EARN THE RESPECT OF THEIR FANS WITH A RESILIENT PERFORMANCE THAT WILL GIVE THEM A PSYCHOLOGICAL BOOST WITH A TASTE OF TIGER BLOOD AND A BIG WIN AND THE START OF A WINNING ADDICTION

COME ON MANLY . GET ADDICTED TO WINNING AGAIN !!!
I agree that winning is a mindset and as a general rule never strive for the alternative.

In these trials though DES generally throws that logic out the window, prefering to keep plenty up his sleeve and not give too much away.

Might be different this year.

But how play over a 10-15 minute slice of this game could be more significant than the final score.

Most likely Blacktown players and the lesser names will have to get the job done if we are to finish in front.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2