Trial Thread - Manly V Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gunna watch this live stream Sunday and tbh, fairly excited...
Want to see all the new faces in action and there's quite a few youngsters I hold high hopes for, who with opportunity, could well be Manly stars in what apears a VERY exciting future.
Weekes is an electric running half who in the modern game, will be very hard to contain.
The outside back Tolu Koula is quite simply destructive, has that effortless running action with a fend, evasiveness and I reckon could be anything...
My smokey as a player who WILL break into the NRL and make plenty of noise, is a forward by the name of Alec Tuitavake....absolute Powerhouse with a big motor and runs with aggression, likely to feature in 2022, but could be up with the best.
Obviously Sione Fainu will get a run 2nd stanza and show why the wraps are big....not a Monster forward but a quality workhorse with a ripped physique who fits the modern game.
Last but not least - It's Schutime !!

Well, I just read this whole thread ... and the only conclusion a reasonable person can make is ... we have the greatest number of people per head of membership, that have completed a PhD in "reading between the lines" and "Dessie Channelling" ..

Just kidding the numbnuts ...

For all we know Dessie just told the office girl to make up a list of players who's haircuts she likes and email it to the NRL ....
Come on Woodsie you know all the pie eaters on here can add 2 plus 2 and get 7.3 and turn any 1/2 truth, rumor ,innuendo, hint, or nuance into a full blown conspiracy , clever tactic, subterfuge or a Dessie Double Dealing coup de maitre (from the french meaning masterstroke)
Anyway Go Manly looking forward to seeing Harper ,Schuey, Cust and the young half Weekes?

Bad luck for Croker. Guy has to be one of the unluckiest with injuries going around.

Some input on other starters:
9 - Cust as Starting 9 is how I saw us beginning 2021 anyway so good chance to see if that confidence in him is justified.

1 - Harper as starting fullback is a good outcome for me. He showed some great attacking flair last year, lets see if he can translate that into Def, positional play and reading the game to be in the right spot at the right time - if he does then that is an extremely exciting prospect for short-term turbo-cover.

4 - Suli makes a return earlier than I thought he would. From the training pics he looks super-fit, nowhere near as heavy as previous pre-seasons - I am keen to see how that translates on the field. He really could be anything this year.

6 & 7 - Loving this, seeing the youngsters have a go. Never seen Weekes play, and looking fwd to it. Shoe is just such an exciting prospect, and I think he will convert every opportunity he is given making him an irresistible selection for the season. I anticipate Shoe will dazzle for 20mins, lay on some incredible highlights, and Des will have seen enough and will pull him off to get ready and stay healthy for the big league as our starting 6 - allowing Foran to tag-team with Cust at the ruck (given TNI is hobbled for the time being).

13 - Lot of people see Boyle as a bit of a plodder, and he doesn't seem to figure in much talk of top 17. Given Jake is being rested a number of fwds could have started at lock, so i'm curious as to this one and hope it is reward from strong training. Time will tell. He needs a big year does Morgan.
whats all this about superfit young men and players getting pulled off and tag teaming ,I mean why wasn't "I" told !!!!!!!!!!!
1614320440670.png

The Mole: Manly Sea Eagles' hamstring curse strikes again

MANLY's hamstring curse has struck for the second time this week, with talented utility Lachlan Croker breaking down at training.

The injury comes as a major blow for the Sea Eagles, with Des Hasler planning to start the new season with Croker at hooker, with Manase Fainu still unavaialable due to a long-running court case.

Croker, who didn't miss a game last season, is expected to be out for at least the opening two to three rounds of the premiership.

His injury comes just days after the game's most famous hamstring, that of star fullback Tom Trbojevic, broke down 'in the shower'.

Hasler is now likely to start the season with Cade Cust, who like Croker is a natural halfback, in the hooking role.

Cust has been named in the number nine jumper for this weekend's trial against the Wests Tigers.

If he plays well in the role, he will begin the season in the key hooking spot.
FMD. So now that's 2 from our spine out for the first month before we even play a trial.

Now Breaking down at training, I think the question that needs asking, Did he also injure his hammy falling over in Tommy's shower?

FMD. So now that's 2 from our spine out for the first month before we even play a trial.

Now Breaking down at training, I think the question that needs asking, Did he also injure his hammy falling over in Tommy's shower?
A bit of scissor action between the boys.

Last edited:

Perhaps he dropped the soap. Bent over to pick it up and popped the hammy. Turbo then attempted to help pick up the soap and pop also did the hammy.

THERE NEEDS TO BE AN INVESTIGATION.

WAS THE SOAP A PRESENT FORM TBAZ?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4