Trial Thread - Manly V Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Suli had a bad day, the right side was carved up. Could not stop the offload, and getting the run around. You can say its just a trial but some of them are not first grade material. Schuster was great and the left side of parker and garrick held up better defensively, probably because the suli side was an easier attacking option for the tigers. The shoe should be in first grade is the take home message.
Pardon the pun but Weekes was the week link on the right, Tigers knew it and kept going to the well. Chez will make a huge difference to Siro and Suli defensively. The fact the left held up in defence is another box ticked for Schuster.

whats your thoughts on him getting selected to play round 1?
Personally think he should be in the 17, but then again was highly confused last season when he got on the field was absolutely outstanding, won man of match honours...then dropped ?
If I was a selector, would have him above Goz, Boyle and Keppie for starters, in fact throw in Sirro as well - huge talent....

What aspects of his game have you noticed that make him a good back up hooker?
I think he is more of a roaming lock/five-eighth off the bench than a hooker (either with Cust playing 80 if Schu plays lock, or with Cust/Foran being subbed off and the other play hooker if Schu plays a stint at 6). That’s just me though. I just think he needs to be somewhere in the 17 to get good experience, but not necessarily as our dominant half yet so he can build into it.

All you’ve seen from him. Really?
Yeah, really.. I don't make games so haven't seen him much at junior level.. and his debut against the tigers was mixed for me. Looked good and confident, but kicked the ball away on the 2nd or 3rd tackle 3 or 4 times in that game and in a game we lost by 2 points, that's giving away 3 or 4 scoring opportunities by trying to be a hero.. it's great that he's confident, but it needs to be as part of a team, no the solo hero play when nothing's on and basically just letting teams off the hook

Because he still wants to give him a taste and see how he goes while still limiting his chance of injury.

Do you think Des is a moron? That he honesty thought “Gee, the game has sped up with six again so I’ll play a prop there - that will fool them”. Really?
You can do an injury on your first touch of the ball.
Des had already said Croker will be the 9 before yesterday’s trial,
‘then why wouldn’t you put more than just 10 minutes of game time into Birts lungs?

Last edited:
DCE and Jake were our only significant regulars out, claiming the difference was any of these "stars":

Turbo - hamstrings reliable as Northern Beaches public transport
Foran - classy but 65 games in 5 years whilst being held together with duct tape
Walker - rocks and diamonds, even bigger liability off the field
Saab - unproven rookie
Cust - makeshift hooker that just picked up a hand injury
Croker - majority here wanted him gone until Cust went down yesterday

Is clearly ignoring the team attitude and structures in attack and defence on display today. There was no semblance of desire, fitness or set plays to indicate this year will have any kind of shake up to address and improve on the areas around our game and personnel that torpedoed 2020.

Add all this and the rest onto Des' religious beliefs preventing him from having ever being able to spot a talented hooker (of the footy variety) nor the ability to utilise interchanges effectively and the signs of another long season are getting more ominous by the day.

If we're relying on those guys and that kind of coaching to make or break our season, I'm worried.
Yawn zzzzzzzzzzz

You can do an injury on your first touch of the ball.
Des had already said Croker will be the 9 before yesterday’s trial,
‘then why wouldn’t you put more than just 10 minutes of game time into Birts lungs?
Yes you can injure yourself in the first minute, but the probability of an injury quite obviously goes up the longer you play.

Yes Crocker would have the nine, but like I said Cust had just gotten injured and Birt was the last backup in the hooking stocks. He limited his minutes to limit the risk I suspect.

Great contribution mate have another Bundy Rum, you've earned it.
Well when having to read the same monotonous opinions repeatedly about particular players then yeah it does make you roll your eyes mate. You obviously dislike the player(s) in question but at this stage they’re all we have so we should be supporting them not bagging them.....you may be worried but most on here aren’t worried at all. The negativity in this forum at times is quite annoying......probably as much as my dislike of Queen Gutho hahahahaha. All good mate we’re all in this roller coaster together.

Well when having to read the same monotonous opinions repeatedly about particular players then yeah it does make you roll your eyes mate. You obviously dislike the player(s) in question but at this stage they’re all we have so we should be supporting them not bagging them.....you may be worried but most on here aren’t worried at all. The negativity in this forum at times is quite annoying......probably as much as my dislike of Queen Gutho hahahahaha. All good mate we’re all in this roller coaster together.

And it’s some sort of roller coaster!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6