Trent - this is your first big test...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
I apologies if this has been tackled as an issue, but I read through many pages before deciding to start this thread.

The Liam Knight episode provides the first REAL test for our new coach.

Yes, we have performance pressure - but that is part and parcel of the role....

The Liam Knight incident is about culture, discipline, and the standards Trent wants to set for the professionalism of his teams, both now and into the future.

I want to cast aside the player for a moment - I don't know him (or his dad) and to be honest, this post is not about the player, his actions, his stupidity etc.

I want to see what Trent does on the back of this. Does he impose an alcohol ban? Does he put it down to bad luck? Does he over-react and call for the players sacking? Does he get the players to respond this weekend?

As a leader, it is the actions you take under pressure situations such as this which define your future style,a nd set the culture. I recently read 2 articles which I found really interest - Potchetino (the Tottenham manager) makes his players shake hands before and after training every day, showing respect to each other and their hard work. Cheika (Wallabies coach) makes every player @ press conferences personally shake the hand of anyone in the room they have never met before - upholding professional standards within the team.

What will trent do? What are his standards? And will his players respect him more, or less (even if subconciously) off the back of this incident?

I am keen to see the type of man our new leader is.

Treating grown up men like 3 year olds is quaranteed not to work. Individuals need to be taught that they are responsible for there own actions.

No, it is and always has been about treating men like men.

The greats like Lombardi and our own Gibson treated players as men and expected them to respond like men. If they didn't and were mug lairs they were gone.

I can't reveal my sauce, but I have it on extremely good authority that TB is losing faith in his Team Selections Dart Board approach so he is currently developing a discipline wheel of fortune. Until that is complete we won't know what he is going to do.

I can't reveal my sauce, but I have it on extremely good authority that TB is losing faith in his Team Selections Dart Board approach so he is currently developing a discipline wheel of fortune. Until that is complete we won't know what he is going to do.

I don't see how terminating his contract will be any sort of disciplinary punishment because he will just get a contract elsewhere and maybe even more money if a couple of clubs get into a bidding war.

Trent needs to make him do the hard yards and show rehabilitation before even getting back into nsw cup contention.

i thought the NRL would impose their mandatory ban of immediate sacking and ban for the rest of the year so the rorters can sign him cheap next year.

Seems standard policy unless it is one of their own like pearce or SKD (yes i know he was no guilty but look at Brett he would have been stood down for min 4 weeks for being charged)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2