Trent Robinson Changes His Tune

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good on him. Love him or hate him we need powerful figures of the game to stand up to the nonsense.

I suppose he is trying to do his best for his club, unfortunately it has backfired, for the poor old flat back headed git

Robbo has a good point. I think the crackdown should be ignored for Origin.
Also for grand finals. Also semi finals, and the match of the Round (as chosen by channel 9) (or Fox, or whoever selects it).
Also probably for Test matches.
Maybe also for junior level Origin games? Not sure about that one. Definitely for junior level grand finals though.

oohh "Gladiators".. how many games did he play at the top grade?

a few years back they had their own 'hard man' who seemed to like aiming his shoulder (and arms) at opposing players heads. No surprise really.

Not sure it was the Chooks themselves that instigated the crackdown but the incidents in the Parra game (presently one of the untouchable clubs when it comes to refs) definitely deserved to be more harshly punished than they were that day. You'll probably find that the only reason for the suspensions, see comment in brackets above, was the public backlash.

To be fair to Robinson, the main topic from this interview was origin. Not sure that he said anything about how the rules were affecting his club team.

While I agree that they do need to get a better handle on careless/accidental/unlucky (i.e. bouncing up off the forearm, etc.), if they want to get it out of the game, they can't stop now. Let's just hope they start to adjust the radar a little so that it is punishing those who are careless or with intent rather than the guy falling into the tackle.

Must admit, my perception is that fewer players are being sent off for contact with the head & those that are sent off are being sent off later in the game now.

I think it's a combination of the refs now having an onfield grading system in place (on report & penalty only, on report, penalty & 10 in the bin, on report, penalty & send off) as well as the players making the effort to tackle lower.

So I guess it's working after all.

Re: Robinson's call to let SOO flow & not use the new stricter rules - after telling everyone to calm down after magic round, is he now conceding the new rules are too gung ho?

Does seem hypocritical & also makes me wonder how he'd react if Tedesco got KTFO by a high shot in SOO this year?

Trent is yesterdays Hero
Teddy next

When I walk down the streets
See the people who stop and stare and say
Haven't I seen that face somewhere a long time ago

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10