Trent owes me $200

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

CorkQld

Reserve Grader
Sorry guys I'm so ashamed, I did the unthinkable and bet against Manly on the weekend, but hear me out. I don't gamble very often but when I do I inevitably lose. I can't even think of a time that I won when placing a bet. I would never put money on Manly to win because then they would lose. So I figured that the only way for the boys to get their season started was to put $200 on the Cowboys, who were only paying$1.25 at the time. Not that I could afford to, but I was willing to lose that money ( knowing my gambling history) to get the mighty Sea Eagles a massive upset in Townsville. And yes of course it worked. So I figured that Trent should reimburse me for taking the pressure off him for a week or so. Unfortunately I can't afford to keep this up for the rest of the season.

Cork, you sound like a nice bloke, sorry for your loss. But us old folk wrote a rule a long time ago, regarding betting. The rule is, "odds on, look on".... it means, when you are gambling, never wager a bet that doesn't at least give you double your money in return for your risk. So, your bet was wager $200 for a max return of $250, which is 4 to 1 on... so you risk $200 to win $50? That's not a good bet buddy.

I don't know what you are complaining about mate. I put on $50 (my largest single bet on a game) for manly to win 13+ at 12-1. I figure if I put it on them to win by 19+ I would have got 20-1 odds so I've lost at least double what you lost. @:D

Cork, you sound like a nice bloke, sorry for your loss. But us old folk wrote a rule a long time ago, regarding betting. The rule is, "odds on, look on".... it means, when you are gambling, never wager a bet that doesn't at least give you double your money in return for your risk. So, your bet was wager $200 for a max return of $250, which is 4 to 1 on... so you risk $200 to win $50? That's not a good bet buddy.
Thanks for appreciating my niceness. Yeh I wasn't worried about the return, I just had to ensure that I'd bet enough on the Cowboys to ensure they lose. Yep that's my twisted sense of reality. I think it's from living in Broncos heartland for too long

I don't know what you are complaining about mate. I put on $50 (my largest single bet on a game) for manly to win 13+ at 12-1. I figure if I put it on them to win by 19+ I would have got 20-1 odds so I've lost at least double what you lost. @:D
I don't mind losing the $$$ if it means the boys can have a win. I'm a humanitarian and a broke one at that

I don't mind losing the $$$ if it means the boys can have a win. I'm a humanitarian and a broke one at that
So that's why us Qlders have been having such a great Origin run Cork, you must use your logic in SOO too! :giggle::clap:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4