Trent Merrin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Would be a fine bench player if he is paid at that rate. Always found him overrated but he has a good offload and can tackle plus should be experienced now.

This week, we have :
Brendan Elliott
Reuben Garrick
Moses Suli
Jorge Taufua
Kane Elgey
Brad Parker

in our backline. The LAST thing we need to entertain is bringing another forward in. Our latest acquisitions?

Sam Smith
Morgan Boyle

Yeah Probably the weakest Manly backline since the days of Ashley Alberts and Steppa (was that his nickname)?

Yeah Probably the weakest Manly backline since the days of Ashley Alberts and Steppa (was that his nickname)?
Yeah hahaha, I actually liked Paul Stephenson. Went to The Sharks after us. He was actually better than Parker, Taufua, Elliott and Suli.

Yeah hahaha, I actually liked Paul Stephenson. Went to The Sharks after us. He was actually better than Parker, Taufua, Elliott and Suli.
Suli has a far bigger ceiling but agree, needs to show it....Parker and Elliott I would agree with.
Taufua at his best was 5 x the player Stephenson could ever be....still better now on old legs imo....

Suli has a far bigger ceiling but agree, needs to show it....Parker and Elliott I would agree with.
Taufua at his best was 5 x the player Stephenson could ever be....still better now on old legs imo....

Tuafua has had long injuries in both of his last two years. He scored 2 tries in 12 games, or one try per 6 games, last season.

Steppa (playing centre as.well as wing) scored 17 tries in 47 games (or there abouts), so his average conversion is much healthier than Taufua's last 2 years .

Also, Steppa was.outstanding under the high ball. Taufua is awful. Steppa rarely made mistakes.

Steppas issue was lack of line breaks and speed. His defense was great.

That being said, our current centre pairing couldn't score if their lives depended on it. A line break? I wish.

Last edited:
Tuafua has had long injuries in both of his last two years. He scored 2 tries in 12 games, or one try per 6 games, last season.

Steppa (playing centre as.well as wing) scored 17 tries in 47 games (or there abouts), so his average conversation is much healthier than Taufua's last 2 years .

Also, Steppa was.outstanding under the high ball. Taufua is awful. Steppa rarely made mistakes.

Steppas issue was lack of line breaks and speed. His defense was great.

That being said, our current centre pairing couldn't score if their lives depended on it. A line break? I wish.
Yep I recall Stephenson was good in the air and his hands...solid backup player all day....Taufua is only a shadow of what he was, but don't let the stats fool you on tries ect, he makes many powerful charges only few can coming out of trouble, but his pedestrian play the balls at times undo this good deed. Both at their peak I take Taufua by a distance.

His biggest accomplishment wasn’t footy. It was hooking up with Sally Fitzgibonns.
‘He was never the same footy player once they split.

71521DE0-0BD0-4547-A867-7FB824BC91AC.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10