Trent Barrets teams selection

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Anyone, and I mean anyone who has even an inkling of how the game of rugby league works knows without any hesitation whatsoever, that you need at least two props on your bench. Why did he not pick even one prop on the interchange bench. What possible scenario had evolved that he has picked both Cullen and Brown. Last year showed unequivocally that Brown is NOT an impact player. When we are starting with only two props, one of which is not a metre eater then WTF was that bench. Surely there needed to be a punt taken on at least one prop forwards from Blacktown. Our backline can and will score points but without one single prop on the bench we were never going to make the necessary yardage. This team has the makings of being something special, the core is there, however two backrowers and two small utilities is unforgivable.

I agree Kev and like you called it out earlier in the week. I can only guess that it's a restriction issue? I was surprised Amone and another Blacktown player didn't make it.

Ferris should be sacked immediately and barrett one minute later

The team is so unfit and are stuffed after 15 minutes same as last year

They have no defensive pattern or attacking plans
Today Tookey my mate I agree with you unreservedly. AND might I add that your pre season negativity is looking more on the money by the week. The Cowboys next week without a prop on the bench is purely impossible, regardless of any Cowboys injuries etc.

Barrett's a victim here of the **** roster Bozo and Zorba assembled. He will never coach nrl again.

Seriously no one is stupid enough the think Brown is better than Buhrer.
Buhrer was very good today, compare that to what Lewis offered up. I'd prefer Luke Dorn to Brown. Will eventually go down as the worst signing in Manly history to play more than 20 games in a row. At least he's durable.

Anyone, and I mean anyone who has even an inkling of how the game of rugby league works knows without any hesitation whatsoever, that you need at least two props on your bench. Why did he not pick even one prop on the interchange bench. What possible scenario had evolved that he has picked both Cullen and Brown. Last year showed unequivocally that Brown is NOT an impact player. When we are starting with only two props, one of which is not a metre eater then WTF was that bench. Surely there needed to be a punt taken on at least one prop forwards from Blacktown. Our backline can and will score points but without one single prop on the bench we were never going to make the necessary yardage. This team has the makings of being something special, the core is there, however two backrowers and two small utilities is unforgivable.

100% agree mate. . Knowing we picked a small team. .. surely they're needed to be a game plan to move them around and use the ball. ... something???

I've never seen us look this disjointed. I just don't understand how we ended up like this.
Don't you remember, JenEagle? We got rid of anybody who was actually passionate about the club and wanted to be here and assembled the current team of misfits/castaways to take their place.
Little known fact, but Bozo and Zorba came up with this genius strategy after binge watching every season of "McHale's Navy" and "Gilligan's Island" back to back.

Madge was smart in this game compared to his effort last week against the Tigpies.

Reynolds being back definitely helped Souffs. But when Manly offered up 2 lightweight back rowers and 2 lightweight utilities on the bench he decided to keep George Burgess in the team and it worked because he was one of their best. Then he also had his players targeting Walker and Uate in defense.

If today's game was a prize fight, Madge beat Baz by knockout.

To some extent, but Barrett's tactics are beyond pathetic. Buhrer carved it up today for the Knights. An utter disgrace he's not playing at Manly.
Agree, but I doubt Barrett had anything to do with Buhrer being moved on. That's why I have some sympathy for him: the ship is sinking, sure, but he was never really behind the wheel.

Were there no more props to use within the top 25? Can they bring in others from the second tier? Who knows???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8