Trent Barret endorsed for Manly head coach role...... by Ricky Stuart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good point Mitch. But Toovey had the advantage to be a student of Bob Fulton, to coach the Manly lower grades and then to be understudy to the success of Hasler, a premiership winning coach. Say no more. What did Barrett have?

Hmmmm, what's changed. Not sure really, but could it be, just maybe, even possibly that what's changed is our results and position on the ladder. Nah, that can't be it, not dramatic enough, there must be a villain to blame all of this on.

Wake up Ralphie! It is neive to think that this is based solely on results. If clubs were so results based why do we refer to Cleary as a good coach. Penrith are below us on the ladder and we finished above them for the past 3 years, So by your results method Toovey is the better coach. So why doesnt Gould have the knives out for Cleary? I will tell you why, its because Gould and the Penrith board is happy with Cleary and dont have an agenda with him, they look at his previous success and realise they have injuries causing the slump. Poor old Toovey doesnt enjoy the same ownership support.

He will make mistakes, but it's what he learns from them, and whether he can establish a harmonious team that has the right attitude week in / week out.

He should have made the mistakes cutting his teeth as a coach in the lower grades. Im not prepared to sit through three years of an apprentice running the factory.

Wake up Ralphie! It is neive to think that this is based solely on results. If clubs were so results based why do we refer to Cleary as a good coach. Penrith are below us on the ladder and we finished above them for the past 3 years, So by your results method Toovey is the better coach. So why doesnt Gould have the knives out for Cleary? I will tell you why, its because Gould and the Penrith board is happy with Cleary and dont have an agenda with him, they look at his previous success and realise they have injuries causing the slump. Poor old Toovey doesnt enjoy the same ownership support.
Yeah agreed I was thinking about this the other day. For various reasons some of them political the club and apparently some of the playing group do not rate tooves as a coach when his record is quite good. In comparison, Cleary's record is not that good at Penrith nor Auckland. However Cleary is viewed as a great coach.

I know Penrith had major cap issues but I still question the decision to move Michael Jennings and Luke Lewis along. Both are top quality rep players who have had great success since they left the panthers.

Interesting that they're going off in the kennel about Des being a sh!t coach with no game plan... just like some on here are bagging Tooves. Although, at the kennel they certainly use far more colourful language. Eewwew off to shower now:eek:

Don't know how Barrett will go. Don't know too much about his strengths/weaknesses. But he does exude a certain calm presence. Not easily diverted by others' thoughts and emotions. That's worked for Bennett. It worked for Jack Gibson. It seems a pretty common characteristic of the truly successful coaches. Hope Bozo's got this one right.

Interesting that they're going off in the kennel about Des being a sh!t coach with no game plan... just like some on here are bagging Tooves. Although, at the kennel they certainly use far more colourful language. Eewwew off to shower now:eek:
Code name 'Preparation H' (aka Agent Hasler) is working a treat over at Belmore. Four years in and on today's performance no closer to another premiership. Gradually getting one back on C-B. Great investment Todd G!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7