Trash T-Rex the Terrible

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
Rex I get what you are saying. But with Matai and Lyon fit, as well as Wolfman and Robbo fit, where do you put TREX?

Especially with players like Harrison, Robinson and Bhurer all putting their hands up for a spot

What a great problem to have.

Dan link said:
Rex I get what you are saying. But with Matai and Lyon fit, as well as Wolfman and Robbo fit, where do you put TREX?

Especially with players like Harrison, Robinson and Bhurer all putting their hands up for a spot

I'd still find a spot for him on the bench.  Or at least initially to see if he can make it as a forward.  I mentioned earlier his offloading ability is really an untapped source for us, considering how good we do look with some second phase play I would implore Des to encourage it.  DCE looks like he thrives off that stuff and with Snake sniffing around as well we should be a little more adventurous with the ball.

I think we can all agree that when we are at full strength there just isn’t a place in the backline for T-Rex.  We were always under the impression he was bought with the long term goal of him being a forward, in the last year of his contract its pretty much now or never.

Dan link said:

Of course Matai and Lyon are the first choice centres, no one is saying TRex should take their spots at full strength. All I am arguing is that he not anywhere near as bad as what some people like to think he is. His positives far outweigh the negatives IMO. He does well for a 20 yo playing first grade. He may not make the 17 when we are at full strength but the constant, unwarranted bagging he cops every week gets boring.  How can anyone on this forum know whether he lacks heart or is disinterested. Unless we get inside his head or get to know him personally and know what he is feeling, we wouldn't have a clue how much heart or determination he has.  IMO, anyone who plays first grade has heart. Des would know and that is enough for me.

Bones link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186980.msg325631#msg325631 date=1300665448]

Of course Matai and Lyon are the first choice centres, no one is saying TRex should take their spots at full strength. All I am arguing is that he not anywhere near as bad as what some people like to think he is. His positives far outweigh the negatives IMO. He does well for a 20 yo playing first grade. He may not make the 17 when we are at full strength but the constant, unwarranted bagging he cops every week gets boring.  How can anyone on this forum know whether he lacks heart or is disinterested. Unless we get inside his head or get to know him personally and know what he is feeling, we wouldn't have a clue how much heart or determination he has.  IMO, anyone who plays first grade has heart. Des would know and that is enough for me.
[/quote]

Spot on Bones. Couldn't agree more

I would imagine that in any week, one of the four mentioned, D Williams, Matai, Killer or Robbo will either be suspended or injured.  Therefore there will be a spot for the Big T.

I have no idea where TRex will end up.  But the constant bagging he gets here from the same posters every week, without exception, serves no positive purpose.  

What I do know is it's a player's strengths, not his weaknesses, that most determines his value. You could say Wolfman's defence at times can be brittle, his confidence dips at times, and he can be injury prone.  But he's valuable because he runs like the wind and puts his body on the line. You get the package and it's a package that's great to watch and contributes to the team.  

Same with TRex.  For example, we have few players capable of offloading in the tackle.  TRex is one of them.  The likes of Foran, Snake and Daly might well lick their lips at opportunities only he can create.

As the happy blonde says, no need to ridicule one man's package, just because right now you prefer another man's.

Rex link said:
I have no idea where TRex will end up.  But the constant bagging he gets here from the same posters every week, without exception, serves no positive purpose. 

What I do know is it's a player's strengths, not his weaknesses, that most determines his value. You could say Wolfman's defence at times can be brittle, his confidence dips at times, and he can be injury prone.  But he's valuable because he runs like the wind and puts his body on the line. You get the package and it's a package that's great to watch and contributes to the team. 

Same with TRex.  For example, we have few players capable of offloading in the tackle.  TRex is one of them.  The likes of Foran, Snake and Daly might well lick their lips at opportunities only he can create.

As the happy blonde says, no need to ridicule one man's package, just because right now you prefer another man's.

Why does a post need to serve a positive purpose?

Dan link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186980.msg325661#msg325661 date=1300669040]
I have no idea where TRex will end up.  But the constant bagging he gets here from the same posters every week, without exception, serves no positive purpose. 

What I do know is it's a player's strengths, not his weaknesses, that most determines his value. You could say Wolfman's defence at times can be brittle, his confidence dips at times, and he can be injury prone.  But he's valuable because he runs like the wind and puts his body on the line. You get the package and it's a package that's great to watch and contributes to the team. 

Same with TRex.  For example, we have few players capable of offloading in the tackle.  TRex is one of them.  The likes of Foran, Snake and Daly might well lick their lips at opportunities only he can create.

Why does a post need to serve a positive purpose?
[/quote]

It doesn't. But I guess that some people are glass half full type people and others are glass half empty types. Some focus on the good and some focus on the negative. I know which type of person I'd rather associate with.
In any case to say a player Des chooses should not be in the team is an insult to the man. He has never done anything to lead us to believe he doesn't know what he is doing. Now....  If I had to choose a between team Des Hasler picks or a team that either Ryan or Codewannabe chooses it's a no brainer.

IMO, at full strength T-Rex should be on the bench, hopefully getting some time in the forwards but able to cover in the backs if and when needed.

Bones, you're memory is going I'm afraid. I may have mentioned Wolfman's defensive weaknesses at one time or another, but I always liked him in the team because he gave his all and was an attacking weapon. Bell went quiet after fracturing his eye socket in the SOO game, but it would be ludircis to suggest that i didnt like hom in the starting 13.

Bones, I don't know what your agenda is, or why you feel the need to resort to personal vilification of myself, but you seem to be unable to have an adult discussion without resorting to name calling. Having met you once or twice and knowing your age, I actually feel really bad for your inability to express yourself intelligently and with tact. Not my problem though, and if you think your posts upset me it makes me smile.

Off the bench as an impact forward is where his future lies.

Hopefully this will happen when Matai and Killer come back...

codewana link said:
it would be ludircis to suggest that i didnt like hom in the starting 13.

I think it would be Jay-Z to suggest that.  You would have 2pac up and leave if he didn't start. 

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=codewana link=topic=186980.msg325750#msg325750 date=1300677199]

I think it would be Jay-Z to suggest that.  You would have 2pac up and leave if he didn't start. 
[/quote]

Had to put your Fitty Cents worth  in didn't ya..

Bradza link said:
One thing is not in dispute, Tony is one of the most phenomenal polarisers of opinion in rugby league.

This is true, similar to the effect Matai has on opinion, some for similar and some for different reasons.

"The Gronk:
Quote from: codewana on Today at 01:13:19 PM

I think it would be Jay-Z to suggest that.  You would have 2pac up and leave if he didn't start. "

Haha. I hate making B.I.G spelling errors!

Lets put a bit of this in perspective. There is first grade potential in T-Rex that is for damn sure. When he fires he is a very potent attacking weapon. I think it is so easy to write the guy off is becuase we have seen him fire and now we expect it. Because it doesn't happen with any consistency he has become the fans whipping boy. 
My real issue with him is his defense. After the 1st 2 games of 2011 its obvious the guy isn't a centre cause he can't defend there. If I was coaching a team to face us I would be saying to my halves get the ball to a right centre with a good step or to the right second row on an outside line. I am also having doubts about him moving into the 2nd row, if you can't defend out there against some pretty obvious runs how could I trust him defending in the middle? I'm not writing the guy off, he can be one of the most exciting players on the park on the right day. I just want consistency in my players and he doesn't offer it.

codewana link said:
\"The Gronk:
Quote from: codewana on Today at 01:13:19 PM

I think it would be Jay-Z to suggest that.  You would have 2pac up and leave if he didn't start. \"

Haha. I hate making B.I.G spelling errors!

You are Notorious for it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8