Training during Covid

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Just a general query.
With the Northern Beaches under heavy restrictions has this had much impact into training.
I would guess there would be Manly players living all over the region that may be impacted on leaving home or the club restricting players attending training to reduce the risk to others at the club being at a higher risk contacting Covid if someone lives in the higher risk areas.

Just a general query.
With the Northern Beaches under heavy restrictions has this had much impact into training.
I would guess there would be Manly players living all over the region that may be impacted on leaving home or the club restricting players attending training to reduce the risk to others at the club being at a higher risk contacting Covid if someone lives in the higher risk areas.
Great question, these lockdowns are not recommended by the WHO, who say only under extreme circumstances. Disaster for so many on the beaches, and probably for our team too.

I'd still imagine that those living on the Northern Beaches would be training at Narrabeen. With Narrabeen closed for those living outside the area then they would probably be training with the Workers crew at Blacktown.
Hopefully, after January 9, the Northern Beaches will be opened up again and training at Narrabeen would resume for all players and staff.

I’m sure wheel and others addressed this in another thread. People can travel to narrabeen for work. So training will continue once Des kicks it off again as scheduled.

One thing I've noticed since I've been working from home and out around the lagoon and surrounding trails pretty much daily - covid isn't the issue for these guys, the humidity is. I'd never really noticed it before because most days I'd be in town for work, but the swampy surrounds from the lagoon mean most mornings, even if its only 20 odd degrees early, its like 90-100% humidity, so when you push it, losing litres of sweat.

I think for most clubs that's less of an issue (obviously in greater Sydney you'll get the heat but depending where will be more dry heat), but if you're a new recruit or you're not dialled into it, especially for the big guys, that can creep up on you quickly during a hard session...

Great question, these lockdowns are not recommended by the WHO, who say only under extreme circumstances. Disaster for so many on the beaches, and probably for our team too.
Sadly, WHO has been incredibly discredited through this virus right back the the failure to call it a pandemic right at the beginning.

Sadly, WHO has been incredibly discredited through this virus right back the the failure to call it a pandemic right at the beginning.
I don't disagree, but they are still quoted as a major authority when it's something that supports this authoritarian agenda, just not when it goes against it.

View from Collaroy Plateau.
nb.JPG

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4