Train and trials

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Heckenberg

Reserve Grader
just saw this article on train and trial players for each club on the daily Tele. Was interesting considering all
The talk around these blokes being signed to top thirty contracts but this makes them sound like they’re just on a train and trial. Also noticed Kurt de Luis is train and trialling for the chooks.

TRAIN AND TRIAL PLAYERS AT EVERY NRL CLUB

MELBOURNE:
Ammaron Gudgeon (outside back), Lazaurs Vaalepeu (prop), Solomona Faataape (centre).

PANTHERS: Daeon Amituanai (winger), Matt Stimson (centre), Connor Mason (hooker), Ryley Smith (hooker), Luke Somerton (hooker), John Faiumu (backrow).

SEA EAGLES: Nathaniel Roache (hooker), Austin Diaz (prop), Josh Stuckey (backrow), Dean Matterson (backrow), Jackson Ferris (centre).

RABBITOHS: Romano Cook (hooker), Shallin Fuller (five-eighth), Louis Grossemy (backrow), Liam Le Blanc (prop), Haizyn Mellars (centre), Jaxson Rahme (backrow), Aaron Macey (centre).

RAIDERS: Elijah Anderson (centre), Michael Asomua (winger), Jordan Martin (backrow), Hohepa Puru (backrow).

ROOSTERS: Ethan Roberts (backrow), Ethan King (fullback), James Coyne (centre), Tyler Moriarty (hooker), Josh Bevan (backrow), Jordan Swann (centre), Kyron Fekitoa (centre), William Fakatoumafi (fullback), Junior Pauga (outside back), Dane Aukafolau (backrow), Guy Hamilton (half), Tui Katoa (wing), Kurt De Luis (prop).

EELS: Jordan Rankin (half), Larry Muagututia (prop), Jayden Yates (backrow), Elie El-Zakhem (prop).

TIGERS: Zane Camroux (utility), Jahream Bula (outside back), Trey Peni (outside back), Troy Sukkar (prop).

SHARKS: Caleb Uele (prop), Tom Rodwell (outside back), Brad Fearnley (prop).

BULLDOGS: Josh Reynolds (five-eighth), Joash Papalii (utility), Khaled Rajab (utility), Bailey Hayward (half), Jack Stringer (backrow), Zac Hetherington (hooker), Jayden Tanner (prop), Jack Todd (backrow).

KNIGHTS: Max Bradbury (prop), Tevita Toloi (backrow), Toni Tupouniua (backrow).

DRAGONS: Ryan Crouchman (prop), Toby Crouchman (prop), Haele Finau (hooker), Daniel Russell (utility), Jacob Webster (prop), Dylan Egan (backrow/centre), Aaron Johnson (prop), Alex Lobb (winger), Treigh Stewart (fullback), Zach Herring (half).

TITANS: Ryan Foran (back rower), Jaylan De Groot (fullback), Ben Liyou (prop), Oskar Bryant (hooker), Vaka Sikahele (hooker), Kaleb Ngamanu (outside back), Josiah Pahulu (prop), Seth Nikotemo (back rower), Arama Hau (lock), Immanuel Kalekale (prop), Jayden Wright (back rower), Max Liles (five-eighth), Tanu Nona (utility), Emry Pere (prop), Creedence Toia (fullback).

DOLPHINS: Tory Bath (winger), Bailey Butler (prop), JP Donevski (winger), Trai Fuller (fullback), Lachlan Hubner (lock), Cody Hunter (halfback), Ryan Jackson (prop), Setu Tu (winger), Michael Waqa (prop), Tyler Szepanowski (prop), Brenton Baira (fullback).

BRONCOS: Jayden Morgan (prop), Jack Ahearn (fullback), Liam Horne (hooker), Will Samuel (prop), Shalom O'Ofou (back rower), Tyler Coburn (lock), Tristan Sailor (utility), Max Plath (utility), John Radel (prop).

COWBOYS: Adam Cook (fullback), Kyle Schneider (hooker), Julian Christian (fullback).

WARRIORS: Ali Leiataua (outside back), Jacob Laban (prop), Demitric Sifakula (utility), Zyon Maiu'u (backrower).

If that’s the case, we still have at least 5 places left in the squad?

Ferris and Stuckey are both good players,hope Ferris is over his injury issues,he is a bit of a Valentine Holmes type of player and Stuckey is an excellent defender with a good work rate and good with the ball,not a huge guy but leaner and athletic.
Surprised the Dogs did not re-sign him but I think Gus is looking for more monster types on the edge.

Ferris and Stuckey are both good players,hope Ferris is over his injury issues,he is a bit of a Valentine Holmes type of player and Stuckey is an excellent defender with a good work rate and good with the ball,not a huge guy but leaner and athletic.
Surprised the Dogs did not re-sign him but I think Gus is looking for more monster types on the edge.
Stuckey had a very good wrap in Qld cup, also surprised he hasn't taken the big step up. Ferris could be anything as you say with better luck with injuries. But for mine, Roache would be the key for us.

I would say they don't ... salary cap is for the 30 NRL squad ... these blokes are just hoping for a gig ... 1 in 10 will get one I reckon ... the rest to the feeder clubs ...
He has excellent potential,did not mention him as he has been discussed a bit already and most know about his ability.
Sorry Woodsie this was meant to be a reply to Pete W comment,too early on a Sunday maybe....

Stuckey had a very good wrap in Qld cup, also surprised he hasn't taken the big step up. Ferris could be anything as you say with better luck with injuries. But for mine, Roache would be the key for us.
Stuckey had a very good year last year with Dogs and got a run in one NRL game last year.
I replied to your comment accidentally to Woodsie,that was meant to be replied to your comment lol.

Nathaniel Roache, Josh Reynolds, Tristan Sailor among players hoping for top-30 contract​

A host of budding NRL players, and some high-profile veterans, will earn just $1000 a week to push their case for a full-time deal. Check out every club’s list

Michael Carayannis and Travis Meyn

2 min read
November 6, 2022 - 11:02AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

4 comments

01:02
Ponga could make halves shift in 2023
NRL: Newcastle Knights coach Adam O'Brien has not ruled out the chance that superstar fullback Kalyn Ponga could play in the halves in 2023.

View more related videos

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s.../c4a4a5ae783dc9beb4f9e308dadd4963#share-tools
A former State of Origin star, the sons of some great players and those clinging on to their NRL dream. A host of players will spend the next few weeks auditioning for a full-time contract.
Among those looking to keep their NRL careers alive include Josh Reynolds (Canterbury), Austin Diaz (Manly), Kurt De Luis (Roosters) Tui Katoa (Roosters), Junior Pauga (Roosters) Jordan Rankin (Eels) and Tristan Sailor (Brisbane) who will be on the same footing as virtual unknowns.
They will earn $1000 a week in a bid to prove themselves as part of a train and trial deal. Some will last until Christmas while others will get a shot into the new year in the hope of landing a full-time contract.
SEE THE FULL LIST AT EVERY CLUB BELOW
Josh Reynolds is trying to resurrect his NRL career with the Bulldogs. Picture: Mark Evans
Josh Reynolds is trying to resurrect his NRL career with the Bulldogs. Picture: Mark Evans
A host of famous surnames also make the list of more than 100 players. Former St George skipper Mark Coyne’s son James will give it a crack at the Roosters while Tom Rodwell (son of Brett) is at Cronulla, Jack Stringer (son of Paul) at Canterbury, Max Plath (son of John) at Brisbane and Haizyn Mellars (son of Vince) at South Sydney.
Manly have thrown ex-Warrior and Eel Nathaniel Roache a lifeline. The luckless Roache spent this year working in a warehouse and rehabilitating his knee after sustaining his third ruptured anterior cruciate ligament in his only top grade game for the Eels last year.
“I’m going to give it one last crack,” Roache, 26, said.
Nathaniel Roache has been thrown a lifeline by the Sea Eagles. Picture: NRL Photos
Nathaniel Roache has been thrown a lifeline by the Sea Eagles. Picture: NRL Photos
“I’m feeling good and fit after the last surgery.
“I was working from 2.30pm to midnight and doing my rehab and fitness during the day. When you’ve played footy for so long you forget what the real world is like. It’s been a blessing in disguise.
“I’ve prided myself to get back as quick as I can and up there everyone in the fitness side of things. Durability has always been my problem. My main goal is to get through the pre-season and impress during the trials.”
Roache will be joined by former Eels teammate Ryan Matterson’s brother Dean at Manly.

More Coverage​

Kent: Why NRL players can’t be trusted in CBA negotiationsPlayers rebel against NRL ‘dictatorship’
Last year the likes of Ash Taylor, Tyrone Roberts, Michael Molo, Alec McDonald, Edrick Lee and Shaq Mitchell were among the players who started the summer on a train-and-trial deal and went on to secure NRL deals.
With no restrictions on how many train and trial players they can have, some clubs have more than a dozen. Others have kept the list to a handful.

TRAIN AND TRIAL PLAYERS AT EVERY NRL CLUB​

NRL-train-and-trial_QIxGn2WG7.jpg

MELBOURNE: Ammaron Gudgeon (outside back), Lazaurs Vaalepeu (prop), Solomona Faataape (centre).
PANTHERS: Daeon Amituanai (winger), Matt Stimson (centre), Connor Mason (hooker), Ryley Smith (hooker), Luke Somerton (hooker), John Faiumu (backrow).
SEA EAGLES: Nathaniel Roache (hooker), Austin Diaz (prop), Josh Stuckey (backrow), Dean Matterson (backrow), Jackson Ferris (centre).
RABBITOHS: Romano Cook (hooker), Shallin Fuller (five-eighth), Louis Grossemy (backrow), Liam Le Blanc (prop), Haizyn Mellars (centre), Jaxson Rahme (backrow), Aaron Macey (centre).
RAIDERS: Elijah Anderson (centre), Michael Asomua (winger), Jordan Martin (backrow), Hohepa Puru (backrow).
ROOSTERS: Ethan Roberts (backrow), Ethan King (fullback), James Coyne (centre), Tyler Moriarty (hooker), Josh Bevan (backrow), Jordan Swann (centre), Kyron Fekitoa (centre), William Fakatoumafi (fullback), Junior Pauga (outside back), Dane Aukafolau (backrow), Guy Hamilton (half), Tui Katoa (wing), Kurt De Luis (prop).
EELS: Jordan Rankin (half), Larry Muagututia (prop), Jayden Yates (backrow), Elie El-Zakhem (prop).
TIGERS: Zane Camroux (utility), Jahream Bula (outside back), Trey Peni (outside back), Troy Sukkar (prop).
SHARKS: Caleb Uele (prop), Tom Rodwell (outside back), Brad Fearnley (prop).
BULLDOGS: Josh Reynolds (five-eighth), Joash Papalii (utility), Khaled Rajab (utility), Bailey Hayward (half), Jack Stringer (backrow), Zac Hetherington (hooker), Jayden Tanner (prop), Jack Todd (backrow).
KNIGHTS: Max Bradbury (prop), Tevita Toloi (backrow), Toni Tupouniua (backrow).
DRAGONS: Ryan Crouchman (prop), Toby Crouchman (prop), Haele Finau (hooker), Daniel Russell (utility), Jacob Webster (prop), Dylan Egan (backrow/centre), Aaron Johnson (prop), Alex Lobb (winger), Treigh Stewart (fullback), Zach Herring (half).

TITANS: Ryan Foran (back rower), Jaylan De Groot (fullback), Ben Liyou (prop), Oskar Bryant (hooker), Vaka Sikahele (hooker), Kaleb Ngamanu (outside back), Josiah Pahulu (prop), Seth Nikotemo (back rower), Arama Hau (lock), Immanuel Kalekale (prop), Jayden Wright (back rower), Max Liles (five-eighth), Tanu Nona (utility), Emry Pere (prop), Creedence Toia (fullback).

DOLPHINS: Tory Bath (winger), Bailey Butler (prop), JP Donevski (winger), Trai Fuller (fullback), Lachlan Hubner (lock), Cody Hunter (halfback), Ryan Jackson (prop), Setu Tu (winger), Michael Waqa (prop), Tyler Szepanowski (prop), Brenton Baira (fullback).

BRONCOS: Jayden Morgan (prop), Jack Ahearn (fullback), Liam Horne (hooker), Will Samuel (prop), Shalom O'Ofou (back rower), Tyler Coburn (lock), Tristan Sailor (utility), Max Plath (utility), John Radel (prop).

COWBOYS: Adam Cook (fullback), Kyle Schneider (hooker), Julian Christian (fullback).
WARRIORS: Ali Leiataua (outside back), Jacob Laban (prop), Demitric Sifakula (utility), Zyon Maiu'u (backrower).

You

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4