Toyota Cup -Top of the ladder

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its a sad day when I enjoy watching Manly play in the Holden cup more than the NRL side, but forgive me for enjoying these kids having pride in that Seaeagles logo on their chest....
The fullback filling in for young Tom was electric in support play & evasive running but gifted 2 tries with drops under the high ball - potential is there to fill in well as I doubt Tom will be back there soon.
Demitriou was a tank - brushing away defenders with ease & is similar to Taumololo with great footwork & power at the line - also pulling off 2 massive shots that had Canberra players looking for him - thats the intimidation lacking in the top grade.
Britton in the centres looked strong & rubust scoring a couple of good tries, though at times ignored an unmarked winger & held the ball in the wrong arm for a left centre.
The halves were great with sharp, skillful plays that were often unstructured playing what was in front of them - great signs for quality halves with unpredictability the key ingredient.
Maybe our future 6 & 7's are already in our own backyard, sure we need experience here in 2016 but important to nurture talent like this also, these kids deserve their shot in time & I hope they get it.
The forwards worked well together & maybe can teach the NRL side how to support the ball carrier, often slipping 2nd phase passes & also some handy tip ons when the Raiders defence was staggered.
A bloke who also caught the eye was the backrower (Parker?) who ran super courage lines all day with perfect timing & sharp angles making several line breaks - looks a likely danger on the edges & puts his body on the line, prepared to take a bang & getting rewarded for it.
Defence was solid most times which comes down again to commitment, communication & YES that work lacking at the top level - Attitude.
Super win boys - will watch at every opportunity as this side will be there when the whips are cracking!!
The backrower with the headgear is James Parker and he was great on that right edge, a true line breaking backrower. Number 21 Armstrong is a clever backrower with some ball playing in him too. Apparently we are close to re signing 4-5 young guns I would hope apart from Jake and Tom we lock up Demetriou, Pearsall, Parker, Pratt, Armstrong.

How long does it take to catch a ferry from brookvale/manly to the central coast ?
Watching the under 20's yesterday the ground was perfect we need to utilise it more often.

AND YES demetriou what a machine built like a bull ran like a wrecking ball.

There is no ferry or train or a bridge from the peninsula :cool:

Brookie was perfect for Round 2, then the Council let 6 games of Junior Footy to be played on it on the one day :mad: Manly failed in liaising with the Council and were surprised at the state of the pitch :confused:

Central Coast does not have the Corporate Dollars to support a full time relocation for any code of footy.@:cool:

2 things:

1) Toyota must be laughing, they haven't sponsored the cup for years, yet the name continues to stick.

2) Remember the endless arguments about how poorly we were doing at u/20s + NSW cup level? Many including me continually argued that it didn't mean zip, as long as 1st grade is doing well, and we get a few gems through to 1sts from the lower grades occasionally.. it's nice that the lower grades are doing well, but it's cold comfort really.

pratt is a great upcoming talent with huge potential but i still think jayden hodges should be given the gig after ballin retires, reminds me of segeyaro, he has that spark and energy on the field, pratt should still be developed over the years though.

The club needs to do all in their power to keep Demetriou away from first grade or he will go from wrecking ball to a big bowl of pudding on legs ala Papalii...

Our Holden cup team are brilliant to watch, they play a simple game but it is so entertaining to watch. They are the light at the end of the tunnel and it is very reassuring that quite a few of these guys will make first grade in a year or 2. I urge all of you to get to games early if you can and support these lads!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6