Toyota cup referee

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Did anyone see the idiot sin bin the no8 for his massive hit late in the game, live both refs called play on to a try, then video ref calls it high contact..... All from a head clash, what did they expect that poor guy to do with his head then, these guys are getting worse by the week..... The game will suffer and fans will walk, it's not good enough.

I saw it and it was one of the worst calls you'll see. Great tackle and unfortunate head clash and he gets put on report for what?

He got sent for arguing with the Referee :mad:

Its such a dumb thing to do and Players continue to do it :huh:

8. JACK DELANEY is our Captain, so he was interviewed by Goldie afterwards to celebrate the Local Juniors Day.

He had the temerity to say 'well we know that the Ref is always right' - we all laughed as 10 minutes prior, he didn't think that the Ref was right :p

HappilyManly said:
He got sent for arguing with the Referee :mad:

Its such a dumb thing to do and Players continue to do it :huh:

8. JACK DELANEY is our Captain, so he was interviewed by Goldie afterwards to celebrate the Local Juniors Day.

He had the temerity to say 'well we know that the Ref is always right' - we all laughed as 10 minutes prior, he didn't think that the Ref was right :p
He had a right to argue , he should have told him what he really thought .... I'm surprised a player hasn't really flipped there lid in a big way yet......... It's so frustrating to us as fans, but it would x 10 being on the field having to deal with the s$&t week in week out from these idiots.

• 👍
Reactions: Kyl
I would love for a ref to say to the video ref, "I've seen the replay as well, and your wrong!" Discipline is such a key factor to becoming a successful athlete. The kid should learn a lesson about keeping his emotions in check.

• 👍
Reactions: Kyl
Masked Eagle said:
I would love for a ref to say to the video ref, "I've seen the replay as well, and your wrong!" Discipline is such a key factor to becoming a successful athlete. The kid should learn a lesson about keeping his emotions in check.
Yeah your right, but gee it must be tuff for these guys to not bite.

c eagle said:
Masked Eagle said:
Yeah your right, but gee it must be tuff for these guys to not bite.

Unbelievably tough. I don't want to hang the kid, just hopes he uses it as a good learning experience. We've all done it and some great athletes have done it at times as well. Just sometimes in the moment you have to have the poise to think about the consequences, not always easy, but the ref did give him a warning and he still said something and it was a while after the incident as well, not like the immediate aftermath. Next time it might be a close match, or in first grade or even a final.

Ref on the field was Suttor - had very little control and looked out of his league. When guys like him are the next best for first grade it is little wonder we get so much crap week in week out.

This was a complete over-reaction by the video ref to a crunching, legitimate tackle that led to a legitimate try.
Thank goodness it didn't alter the result of the match.
Again there were a heap of tries scored, and our boys looked good at times. But whenever the opposition have a set of six against us I reckon they will score 50% of the time. We don;t have the fortitude to tackle.
Tom Turbojet again impressed. It's been a long times since the tallest player on the field has been a fullback - possibly going back to that beanpole Mann from Doesn'tmatta.

I think it's harsh to say Jack had the 'temerity', to say the ref is always right. I took that, as did others around me, as his way of saying that he knew what he did was silly. I agree that it was.
Having said that I completely understand. He's the team captain. The game was stagnating... Someone had to do something to force an error, and he came up with the biggest legitimate hit of the year so far. It didn't just hurt the Canberra kid. I'm sure no 8 spent yesterday in a radox bath feeling pretty sore himself. He put his body on the line for his team, only for the awarded try to be reversed.. Crazy! We all know he won't end up having any charges to face over the tackle, but that doesn't change yesterday's result, when that try being left to stand well could have.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7