Tough packs win big games . How do we fare in 2018 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Top 3 forwards group in the NRL (I'll assume Thompson is happening):

08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Utility
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Frank Winterstein

I like the look of that pack.

If we want 2nd rowers that run more than 100m per game then all we have to do is change our game patterns. Our overall metres gained is as high as any top 6 team, it is simply other positions that make them.

Cannot believe that after nearly two years of our kick returner, followed by a winger, followed by a centre, followed by a prop has still failed to enter the heads of some people .... that of course our run metres by 2nd rowers is low.

And here is a scoop .... they will be low again next year.

It is not that Frank and Siro are incapable ... it is simply that under Baz it is not the role he plays them in.

possibly with different personnel he will alter the current patterns ... or he make play Thomson or Gurken-ski in the same role ???

Should you not compare the pack against the storm pack of this year?

Bozo, earlier this season you had me believing that speed won big games.
Size and speed win big games feathered friend . Speed was one part of the equation
BIG IS BEAUTIFUL AND SPEED IS SEXY

6 grand finals in 46 years with a big pack is a poor return @BOZO
The six packs were only six examples . St George won 11 premierships in a row when they dominated teams with their big and tough pack that had the likes of Kevin Ryan , Norm Proven , Rapper, Rasmussen , Ian Walsh

The parra pack early eighties and the canberra pack late eighties early nineties were tradesman packs but both sets of backs were very classy.

Not dissing the packs. Back then every player that played was tough but they wete not feared

Its just balance and everyone doing the job that the salary cap allows

Dogs pack of 84/85/86 was the toughest & meanest I've seen, bar none
That Bull dogs pack wasn 't called the "Dogs of War " for nothing but when Manly finally assembled their 87 pack of Vautin , Rambo Gibbs , Crusher Cleal . Daley , Mal Cochrane and Ward , it more then matched that Bulldogs pack and were the bench mark briefly then for that particular time .

Can anyone explain why Beaver played off the bench in the 2008 gf (or in 2008 in general)

I was like 6, holy **** that is ten years ago next year

Beaver's role by then was as a utility player, he could cover as a centre as well as a forward, I suppose you could say similar to what Lewis Brown is doing today, lol.
Manly in the 08 GF were determined to win the war in the trenches and after knocking down the door in the ruck, plus an amazing kicking game on the day was the winning formula for that Massacre....after blowing up the middle, they played wider and the defensive edges would struggle by this time - giving Beaver extra room to enjoy....in fact a party for all the wide men....
Who will forget his first involvement after coming on late with that sensational try in the corner.....them the days!!

Sorry @BOZO had to edit the title it just became too much, knowing how many outsiders view this forum, don't want to project the wrong image eh ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8