Pre Game thread: Manly v Sharks [Week 1 Finals, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"The NRL and Sea Eagles management have agreed that in the event that Council cannot provide the governing body and the Club with the necessary safety assurances by tomorrow evening, the match will be transferred to Bankwest Stadium."

This is a joke, even Todd isn't dumb enough to try this because the NRL take the gate for finals games. Moving it to Wankbest will decimate the crowd. They'd just be shooting themselves in the foot.

'The testing was part of the standard excavation planning for the new centre of excellence on the northern side of the stadium.'
---
COE is being built then :rolleyes:

Scott could have held off for 1 more week after 15 years if planning :swear:

But the site is outside of Brookie, they could just close the NE gate :lightbulb:

The NRL said today that Lottoland’s eligibility to host the Week One Finals Series Match on Saturday night would be determined by a safety assessment.

The NRL was informed late on Friday evening that isolated traces of asbestos had been found in a small area of the hill at Lottoland.

The testing was part of the standard excavation planning for the new centre of excellence on the northern side of the stadium.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said a report into the safety of the venue was due to be supplied by 6pm Monday evening.

As a result the NRL will withhold ticket sales for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles-Cronulla Sutherland for 24 hours.

“Our number one priority is ensuring the safety of our players and fans. Unfortunately it could not be guaranteed when the schedule was confirmed,” Mr Greenberg said.

“We have given the local council and the Sea Eagles a period of grace of 24 hours in order to assess the safety of the venue before we release tickets.

“We have worked with Northern Beaches Council and the Sea Eagles to ensure they are given the opportunity to host a Final, while ensuring the safety of our supporters is paramount.”

The NRL and Sea Eagles management have agreed that in the event that Council cannot provide the governing body and the Club with the necessary safety assurances by tomorrow evening, the match will be transferred to Bankwest Stadium.

Tickets for the match will be on sale on Tuesday morning pending the confirmation of the venue.

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2019/09/08/lottoland-eligibility-for-finals-series/
I have been telling everyone on ST for weeks we will never be allowed to host a final at Brookie. It looked like I was proven wrong, but now the last minute twist of the knife by Greenturd!

'The testing was part of the standard excavation planning for the new centre of excellence on the northern side of the stadium.'
---
COE is being built then :rolleyes:

Scott could have held off for 1 more week after 15 years if planning :swear:

But the site is outside of Brookie, they could just close the NE gate :lightbulb:
Asbestos only dangerous when disturbed. Why now ffs????

WTF are traces.. someone scattering a hand full? What a load of sh*t this is and such convenient timing

Just isolate the so called small area then. This is absurd.

How would asbestos get on a grass hill? Unless whatever they used to fill it had asbestos mix in there. So weird! Surely this is a stitch up! Nrl wants us to play at parras home ground wtf!

How would asbestos get on a grass hill? Unless whatever they used to fill it had asbestos mix in there. So weird! Surely this is a stitch up! Nrl wants us to play at parras home ground wtf!
It's actually not the Hill if the report of earth moving equipment on the COE site is correct.

Brookvale Park not Brookvale Oval itself - north east area
Capture+_2019-09-08-18-36-48.png

It's actually not the Hill if the report of earth moving equipment on the COE site is correct.

Brookvale Park not Brookvale Oval itself - north east area
View attachment 12564

I would Imagine it came to light in the geotechnical report compiled prior to excavation. Location of excavation has nothing to do with this as that’s not the gear they need for geotechnical reports

I would Imagine it came to light in the geotechnical report compiled prior to excavation. Location of excavation has nothing to do with this as that’s not the gear they need for geotechnical reports
Point is that it's buried and is being used by the NRL to disqualify Brookie - their plan since 2009 :mad:

Point is that it's buried and is being used by the NRL to disqualify Brookie - their plan since 2009 :mad:

As much as I despise Greenberg, I really don’t think this is what is happening here.

No council/club/governing body could in good conscience put a game on at a ground where asbestos has been found if it is proven to be unsafe. I think it’s just bad timing of when the information has come to light.

We should however get to choose where the game is played if through no fault of our own, Brookvale is not available

As much as I despise Greenberg, I really don’t think this is what is happening here.

No council/club/governing body could in good conscience put a game on at a ground where asbestos has been found if it is proven to be unsafe. I think it’s just bad timing of when the information has come to light.

We should however get to choose where the game is played if through no fault of our own, Brookfield is not available
ANZ is the only place that the Event Buses can take us to from the Northern Beaches.

Bankwest will only be handy for the Sharks :cool:

They have a good pack and Johnson and Townsend are in better form then our halves. We need a dry track and we need dce to take control, he usually has great games against the sharks. We really need jetski and boyle to come good the team id go with...

1. Elliot
2. Jorge
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Walks
7. Dce
8. Afb
9. Fainu
10. Jake
11. Waddell
12. Jetski
13. Api

14. Croker
15. Perrett
16. Boyle
17. Keppie

If boyle is out bring in sipley if fit

@BOZO what do you think of this team
Elliot has to be on the wing.............:)

****ing ridiculous, just isolate the area and let 200 less people in.

It’s a conspiracy to see us out quickly!!

We should however get to choose where the game is played if through no fault of our own, Brookvale is not available
I've lived in a fibro house since moving to Australia.....

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8