• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
We have been spluttering along for a while now, too many injuries and the lack for enthusiam at times is starting to resemble 2009.  I dont feel we can turn it around to make a serious challenge on the way home.

I think if we can hang on and get in the bottom half of the top 8 we have had a good year.

We all said bottom half of the 8 was all we could achieve before a ball was kicked.  Then after 2 weeks it was our season is over.  Then it was we are premiership contenders.  We have now come full circle and I thinks thats about right.  Need Lyon back to have any sort of chance imo.  However Lyon will not help some of the ordinary play that we are seeing in defence.  Thats my main concern. 

we will be lucky to make the 8 to many big names out ,no defence ,no ticker etc etc

anyone who thought we were premiership contenders after 1 game against Saints are too overexcited. We finally got shown up against a faster, quicker, more attacking minded team and its good to show up Des's boring one out stuff, safety first, no second phase ball style getting a caning. Hopefully, this will allow him to take some risks and go out for the win. I have gone to Manly games for over 25 years but this year I haven't even felt like going because of the boring way we play. I think the small crowds we are getting probably shows that others feel the same too. The obvious left handed sided plan of Foran to Farrar running left is that predicatble you just sit there going nothing will happen here. The loss of Brett has taken away any element of star attack we had. Bring on 2011. What a shame we are losing Lama Tasi, the young front rower to Roosters. After watching Tim Grant tonight, some young guns might be what we need. 

We do that same play with Brett.......do you find it boring then ? What about Whare, he was your golden child and he has got his opportunity....is he boring ?

Our forwards got owned tonight and the Panthers were white hot. We got out enthused and lacked intensity, it happens. If we play like that for the rest of the year then we'll struggle. If we can get everyone fit and get the front row bending the line than we can compete.

Chip & Chase link said:
We do that same play with Brett.......do you find it boring then ? What about Whare, he was your golden child and he has got his opportunity....is he boring ?

Our forwards got owned tonight and the Panthers were white hot. We got out enthused and lacked intensity, it happens. If we play like that for the rest of the year then we'll struggle. If we can get everyone fit and get the front row bending the line than we can compete.

We've won ONE game in a month of footy. I can kinda empathise with the man.

We'll mkae the 8.......just. probbly not a bad result, going off early season predictions.

We all know we have a huge chunk of our salary cap on the injury bench.

A few players have not been playing as well as they have in previous years notably the forwards. Some back after injury others just lethargic.

New guys directing traffic & maybe some who have lost a bit of interest as they are off at the end of the season.

But all in all we will make the finals & with luck we will have some strike power back from injury then.

Keep the faith.

:)

Chip & Chase link said:
We do that same play with Brett.......do you find it boring then ?

Its not boring, it works quite well. Its just that it seems to be the only move Manly are capable of executing.

Most of our attack was based around Brett doing his stuff, Ben had a great game last night but can't do what Brett does. Whare doesn't get much quality ball, Glenn always hits the line from the right and cuts infield. I mentioned earlier on in the year about Whare for 2011. Injuries have brought him in earlier than expected. Look who he was up against? Jennings, and we would all have him in a flash. Our pack got enthused? out muscled? or too old? There ain't any one stepping up, but the pack will play big when the finals are on I think. Heck, with jamie, david and brett back I would definitely rate up close to winning but it ain't going to happen. Tony has loads of potential but Des just can't seem to get it right with him. Robbo is looking slower and more vulnerable as well. 

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8