Top 5 Entertainers of the game.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookie4eva

Bencher
Just saw on the NRL site the top 5 "entertainers" of the game were named last night -

Billy Slater
Wally Lewis
Andrew Johns
Graeme "Changa" Langlands
Jarryd Hayne

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60464/games-top-5-entertainers-named/default.aspx

Some people obviously have short memories by naming Slater and Hayne in the list, Hayne had 12 good weeks last year and not much else before or after FFS.

Slater can play entertaining football, but in the top 5, I don't think so.

There are surely many others that could be put before those 2. I agree with Wally, have heard of Graeme "Changa" Langlands, but too young to comment on him.

Any comments ?

There was no one more spectacular than Phil Blake in his prime but how do you judge them all.

I can think of dozens of entertainers like Eric Grothe, Johnny Gibbs, Larry Corowa etc they may not the best players but very spectacular just like those 5 that are named..

Ahh on Stewart vs Slater, there is a long often repeated that sums that up. Slater makes the ordinary look spectacular whereas Stewart makes the spectacular look ordinary.

TBH it is hard to understand how they missed Benji Marshall on that list, atleast picked Hayne, Slater or Johns over him.

Bob fulton was the most dynamic and explosive player an immortal, he should be no1 on the list, what a joke.

Voting based on media hype. Hayne is a myth, Slater is a grub, and Johns is a drug addict. Lewis was the master of gamesmanship, but you'd hardly call him entertaining, unless spitting on opposition players is your idea of a fun day out at the footy.

Preston Campbell (On his Day)
Brett Stewart (What can i say)
Jarrad Hayne (Some Brilliance)
Benji Marshall (Freak)
John Hopoate (Didnt care about his body nor anyone elses)

Nate link said:
Ahh on Stewart vs Slater, there is a long often repeated that sums that up. Slater makes the ordinary look spectacular whereas Stewart makes the spectacular look ordinary.

TBH it is hard to understand how they missed Benji Marshall on that list, atleast picked Hayne, Slater or Johns over him.

I don't wish to big note myself but I think I came up with a quote similar to that one years ago although mine went, Stewart makes the spectacular look simple, Slater makes the simple look spectacular. 

I'm sure we all have 2008 season highlight DVDs.  Just watching Snake on that has me salivating at the prospect of him returning to his best next year.  Some of the stuff he was doing was just a different level of class.

Well guys my vintage is clearly nowhere near much of you guys so unfortunately I can only comment on the players from the '90s forward which would be inadequate... How about who you all think were the top 5 entertainers from this season?
In no particular order...
Benji (rocks and diamonds but always entertaining...)
Josh Dugan
Sam Burgess (most entertaining player in defense!)
Todd Carney
Kevin Gordon (speed and try scoring ability... should be NSW #2)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6