Top 5 clubs likely to improve in 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely the Silvertails Tipping Competition team should be the biggest improver in 2018.

Let's make it happen guys! Join up today and take my money. I can't tip for sh-it.

Knights is a given - they have had the chequebook out

Cowboys ? On the back of a fit JT and Scott, and less Origin drain - yes probably fair enough.

The other 3 are obviously relying on their new half to lift them. Hunt is a plus for Dragons so maybe they find more consistency this season. Does Maloney improve Penrith ?? they had a lot of injuries last year so at full strength they have to be better, but a lot of unrest out west it seems. Reynolds and Brooks ?? - doesn't strike fear into my heart.

As is nearly always the case there will be improvers we didn’t see coming and others expected to do well subsequently fail!

Happens every year.

I think in the knights situation , they'll have a similar year to us in 16 . Come out full of players and emotion , but sink to the bottom 8 .

Illawarra Dragons will start great as always and fall away as always, end up between 7th - 10th.
Penrith have enough on the back of Cleary and a tough pack to have a similar finish, though the internal stuff could yet implode more.
Cows made the GF last year and will again ride the JT x 2 train for life, along with young Hess who is a gun and be a 5-8 team.
Tigers will again be no more than a nuisance team and finish in the bottom 4.
Knights will improve and when that roster clicks, will compete with most teams but be inconsistent imo.

My opinion:

Top 3 improvers
Roosters - took full advantage of their salary cap exemption in the offseason
Knights - also huge signings, but coming off a low base
Cowboys - JT and Scott back

Top 3 disappointments
Bulldogs - their big signings are Foran and Woods - PMSL...
Panthers - everyone hates the coach
Parra - Semi will be a bigger loss than they think, Hayne instability

My opinion:

Top 3 improvers
Roosters - took full advantage of their salary cap exemption in the offseason
Knights - also huge signings, but coming off a low base
Cowboys - JT and Scott back

Top 3 disappointments
Bulldogs - their big signings are Foran and Woods - PMSL...
Panthers - everyone hates the coach
Parra - Semi will be a bigger loss than they think, Hayne instability

Yeah can’t go far away from that, Knights just have to improve coming from where they were but Rome won’t be built in a day.

Roosters, with their unlimited cap should win hands down BUT often GF’s are won by a Champion Team rather than a team chock full of individuals, but great players in their own right, so how that plays out remains to be seen.

Bulldogs, Tigers and the Eels will have average years.

Potentially, if they can pull it together , the Titans could be the surprise packet.

I believe the big improver's for this season will be

Newcastle
Wests Tigers
Dragons
Raiders

Clubs that I think will struggle

Whingers
Panthers
Bulldogs
Titans

Staff online

Latest posts