• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
Just reading the tea leaves a little bit looking at the draw for the remainder of the year.

I think we are a genuine chance of sneaking into 4th.

Parramatta play 6 of their last 9 games against top 6 teams. Penrith twice. And round 20-22 they have a stretch of Roosters, Souths, Manly.

Roosters play Melbourne, Penrith, Parra, Souths and given their injuries may drop a couple extra along the way.

Meanwhile we only play 2 teams inside the current top 8 Melbourne and Parra in round 21-22.

Possibility or pipe dream?

Just reading the tea leaves a little bit looking at the draw for the remainder of the year.

Parramatta play 6 of their last 9 games against top 6 teams. Penrith twice. And round 20-22 they have a stretch of Roosters, Souths, Manly.

Roosters play Melbourne, Penrith, Parra, Souths and given their injuries may drop a couple extra along the way.

Meanwhile we only play 2 teams inside the current top 8 Melbourne and Parra in round 21-22.

Slim chance, that Newcastle loss may come back to haunt us.
Anyway, if we come fourth we would be up against the Panthers or Storm , away, come fifth and we could be up against, Cowboys, Warriors or Dragons etc at Brookie, in the first round of the semis

jim gaffigan smoking GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

We would need either Souths or Parra to lose 3 games at a minimum whilst we have to win every game.

5th is probably our best bet atm. Home Final Week1 at either Gosford or ANZ (Brookie unavailable due to construction and crowd restrictions). Play whoever loses out of 1v4 in Week 2.

Its possible for sure, but likely requires us to win all remaining games. If we lose to Melbourne but beat Parra we are still a slim chance. Any more losses than that and it would take a mathematical miracle.

Not this year. Shocking start will be too much to overcome, plus injury/stand down concerns through our spine. We have only beaten one top 5 team this season. Plenty still to prove.

I think we can win this from fifth, and yes the stats are against that happening. But we need to focus on winning both Storm and Eels games in the regular season first.
The thing with coming from 5th or 6th is you have to beat three of the top four teams with weeks 2 & 3 away from home to win it. Makes it extremely tough, particularly if you have to travel to Melbourne. Would be 1978 stuff.
The premiers always make the 4 and win week 1.

1624836817843.png

that's NRL auto prediction from here, and has Eels beating us by 30 in rnd 22. If we can flip that result we may even be able to drop one more and still sneak in above the Eels.
1624836965491.png

This is the result if we beat the Eels but also drop the last round against cowboys. So more than a slim chance I reckon as long as we dominate Eels in rnd 22

I wrote in another thread, 34 points gets you top 4. So Manly need 8/10 from the remaining games. Eels have a bye to come so they need 4/9 which sounds easy but as others mentioned if they drop 2x panthers, roosters, rabbitohs and storm there is already 5 losses there but if they jag a win out of those 5 games then the Manly vs Parra game will be crucial.

When we won the 2013 gf against the roosters we didn't have any weeks off during semis and peaked beautifully
Hmmm we peaked beautifully alright. We had the game in hand up until the last 20 minutes. Then allowed the Roosters to score three tries in quick succession, and lose the game 26 -18.
Another one that got away. Thanks for the reminder Schnorky.

The thing with coming from 5th or 6th is you have to beat three of the top four teams with weeks 2 & 3 away from home to win it. Makes it extremely tough, particularly if you have to travel to Melbourne. Would be 1978 stuff.
The premiers always make the 4 and win week 1.
Tough run for sure. But I think we are capable of beating any of the top four. In my opinion we haven't been able to field our best seventeen all year, and when we do we definitely have the potential to go all the way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8