Toovs on The Fan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I hope some of you noticed it when Vossy interviewed Toovs on The Fan tonight because ‘garden furniture’ was a big feature.

Basically the show opened with Vossy saying he was interviewing Toovs in his company’s boardroom, which had typical boardroom furniture. But, then the interview was done sitting in garden chairs in the boardroom.

I’ve never watched The Fan before so maybe this is normal for the show’s format but it just seemed so coincidental.

I hope some of you noticed it when Vossy interviewed Toovs on The Fan tonight because ‘garden furniture’ was a big feature.

Basically the show opened with Vossy saying he was interviewing Toovs in his company’s boardroom, which had typical boardroom furniture. But, then the interview was done sitting in garden chairs in the boardroom.

I’ve never watched The Fan before so maybe this is normal for the show’s format but it just seemed so coincidental.
Thanks for the tip I'll watch the replay.
Yeah vossy always has the fold out chair but it's still ironically funny...

Thought Toovs may have picked up a coaching gig somewhere but that may well have passed him by now.

I probably think his future lies in an admin role.

Mark, I can't see him coaching anywhere else apart from maybe the UK at a pinch.

In my opinion he was somewhat of an "accidental" coach and not a career coach.
I may be wrong but I didn't think he had any grand ideas on being a head coach, he just happened to be an assistant at the time of Greenberg's Great Coaching Heist and with his love
and passion for the club he took on the head coaching role to maintain some normality - especially with the senior playing group we had at the time.

He's always out and about at Brookie on game days and you can still see his passion for the club...I'd be dead set mortified if Tooves' coached another NRL club.
I nearly burnt Des' book when he left us, I don't know what I'd do if Tooves' did too!

Mark, I can't see him coaching anywhere else apart from maybe the UK at a pinch.

I may be wrong but I didn't think he had any grand ideas on being a head coach, he just happened to be an assistant at the time of Greenberg's Great Coaching Heist and with his love
and passion for the club he took on the head coaching role to maintain some normality - especially with the senior playing group we had at the time.

He's always out and about at Brookie on game days and you can still see his passion for the club...I'd be dead set mortified if Tooves' coached another NRL club.
I nearly burnt Des' book when he left us, I don't know what I'd do if Tooves' did too!

Probably close to spot on, as I say I’d like to see him in the administration side of things , that’s where I think his future might lay.

The good news is that Toovey never (ghost) wrote a book. So no book burning for you!

Nothing good comes from burning books.

At best, some personal regret. At worst, something sinister.

Geoff Ritchie. Ray Toovey.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8