Toovey's stamp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Today we were certainly quite expansive in spreading the ball and attempting unloads. They didn't all come off, but obviously we won this match.

This style appeared more adventurous – and risky – than we're used to. Is it a deliberate change of style, or just a tactic for today, or just a natural progression for a team that has been together now for enough time to spread its wings?

Toovey was always more "artistic" as a player than Des ever was. Des on the other hind was one of the hardest workers ever. Mr consistent.

I think the style of the team will reflect the respective coaches.

Ryan said:
Toovey was always more "artistic" as a player than Des ever was. Des on the other hind was one of the hardest workers ever. Mr consistent.

I think the style of the team will reflect the respective coaches.

Well if that's the case we won't be losing anything on the score of toughness. And desire.That was almost what impressed me most today, the team really wanted to win and they tried their best to defend the line. If they maintain that attitude a good season is assured.

Playing to the conditions. We also did this in the GF. It came off very early and gave us a great lead. If Toovey has plans to beat the opposition and it works who cares how we play.

Some very impressive signs today. Our attack looked very sharp early, and our second try will take some beating for try of the year. In the second half it was our scramble defence that kept us in front and ultimately won us the game. A great start for the team under Tooves.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Still not much on offer inside the opposition 20 in terms of attack at times. A lot of one out stuff, much the same under Dessie.

Anyway if it ain't broke don't fix it. We are premiers and the team is built around that game plan. Unless there is a major change in the rules or in our personnel than all we need is a bit of tweaking here and there. Don't forget we are the benchmark.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8