"Toovey will be oustanding": Arthurson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Larissa

Bencher
Legendary Manly figure Ken Arthurson has heaped praise on Geoff Toovey as a coach and player when he caught up with us at Narrabeen earlier today.

Although disappointed at some of the off-field dramas since the grand final win in October, the 82-year old 'Godfather' of the Sea Eagles can see nothing but positives in the appointment of Toovey as head coach.

"I have the highest possible regard and respect for Geoff Toovey,
not only was he a great footballer, but he is a man that really knows the game of rugby league. I think he'll be an outstanding coach," Arthurson said.

Read the rest here.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Question I have is Des off Arko's Xmas card list

You could probably say that!!

Definitely off my Xmas list.
Tell you how stupid I was, I searched far and wide for that book about Hasler by Thomas Keneally and found one on the net signed by our Des,paid $80 for it, not a very good read, but I am in a dilemma now, do I keep it or do I burn it.

Peter C said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Tell you how stupid I was, I searched far and wide for that book about Hasler by Thomas Keneally and found one on the net signed by our Des,paid $80 for it, not a very good read, but I am in a dilemma now, do I keep it or do I burn it.

The Dogs like buying coaches so no doubt they will like buying books about the bought coaches, so sell the book to a Dogs supporter.

Mals said:
Peter C said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

The Dogs like buying coaches so no doubt they will like buying books about the bought coaches, so sell the book to a Dogs supporter.
Stupid suggestion.... Dogs supporters can not read!

Peter C said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Mate I'd keep it. This will all die down and over time our anger will wane. Hasler is 2 time premiership player and coach and while his actions of the last 8 weeks will tarnish his legacy he has contributed alot to our club

How happy does 2V look

00015230-image.jpg

Dan79 said:
Mals said:
Peter C said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Stupid suggestion.... Dogs supporters can not read!

there's bound to be a few pictures in it for them to look at!

Just remember, 2012 will be Toovey's first year as a NRL Coach. There will be enormous pressure on him. I am sure he will be a great coach in time, but if you expect too much too early, then you may be disappointed.

I would be happy if Manly finish at least 5th in 2012.

It will be an exciting season at any rate just to observe how Toovey goes and how the younger brigade go, who get opportunities to play in NRL - such as Blake Davey possibly.

Eaglette Fan said:
Just remember, 2012 will be Toovey's first year as a NRL Coach. There will be enormous pressure on him. I am sure he will be a great coach in time, but if you expect too much too early, then you may be disappointed.

I would be happy if Manly finish at least 5th in 2012.

It will be an exciting season at any rate just to observe how Toovey goes and how the younger brigade go, who get opportunities to play in NRL - such as Blake Davey possibly.

Well said, not saying Tooves can't bring us a premiership in 2012 but this must be a rare achievement for a rookie coach in a premier competition.

Larissa said:
Legendary Manly figure Ken Arthurson has heaped praise on Geoff Toovey as a coach and player when he caught up with us at Narrabeen earlier today.

Read the rest here.

I followed the link to read the rest... anyone else have the Wolfman member drive video pop up? Quite camp - is he drunk? I guess he is just irrepressible, can't keep him down even with a broken neck. Good sign...

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6