Toovey urges refs to penalise Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
FACT: Bulldogs are one of the most penalised clubs in the NRL.

So for others to complain they *aren't* being penalised is a complete fallacy, because they are.

The NRL have caused this whole cloudy obstruction rule when they relaxed the shepher rule (I don't know why they changed).

Many moons ago it was black and white. Run behind and back across another player = penalty. Run behind a player a single direction was fine (ala run-around move from scrums). The obstruction rule now makes a mess of what used to be clear ruling.

Don't just blame the Dogs for not getting penalised though, it's EVERY side, and the blame lays squarely on two people ..... the refs.

The inconsistency of refs this year has been absolutely shocking, and rather than getting BETTER, it's getting worse. I really REALLY hope that no side gets shafted by a refs poor call in the final series, but given what efforts we've seen this year already, I'm not at all confident this will be the case.

I have watched the interview with Toovey and he did not at any time "urge the refs to penalise the dogs."

What he did say was that he trusted the match officials to police the obstruction rule properly.

This story and this thread is a monumental media beatup.

Come 9.30 Friday night,You Mrs Invisable will become just that-INVISABLE

I can't ****ing wait because you are an A-grade wanker

MrInvisible said:

So for others to complain they *aren't* being penalised is a complete fallacy, because they are.
Don't really care about the penalty count. 6 points for an obstruction try is a nice bonus though.

MrInvisible said:
Yes but they should be penalised more often for obstruction plays, they seem to have had a charmed run with officials in that regard compared with us.

Having said that, off the top of my head I think the most successful teams in recent years have been among the most penalised, so they are looking dangerous.

TWO DOGS said:
MrInvisible said:
In fairness the reason the Bulldogs DON'T get penalised for it, is because it is rarely an obstruction play.

The attacking player approaches long before the try line, and then runs behind a decoy running, once the defence is spread the balls goes wide to the gap and tries are scored.

If the decoy runner takes out or interferes with the defender it's a penalty, but this rarely happens.

The only clubs/coaches complaining loudly about this are the coaches that are unable/lack the intelligence to coach their sides to do the same thing.

This bloke makes my skin crawl.

Don't bother arguing with him. He licked enough butt ova at the kennel for long enough that they made the goose a Mod. Biggest 2 faced dimwit on the internet. Wish he'd do us all a favor and #### off and dissapear

MrInvisible said:

The NRL have caused this whole cloudy obstruction rule when they relaxed the shepher rule (I don't know why they changed).

Many moons ago it was black and white. Run behind and back across another player = penalty. Run behind a player a single direction was fine (ala run-around move from scrums). The obstruction rule now makes a mess of what used to be clear ruling.

Don't just blame the Dogs for not getting penalised though, it's EVERY side, and the blame lays squarely on two people ..... the refs.

The inconsistency of refs this year has been absolutely shocking, and rather than getting BETTER, it's getting worse. I really REALLY hope that no side gets shafted by a refs poor call in the final series, but given what efforts we've seen this year already, I'm not at all confident this will be the case.

He's known as the biggest ****wit on our forums. He's like the retarded cousin you just have to accept.

Bakes kennel legend said:
TWO DOGS said:
MrInvisible said:
In fairness the reason the Bulldogs DON'T get penalised for it, is because it is rarely an obstruction play.

The attacking player approaches long before the try line, and then runs behind a decoy running, once the defence is spread the balls goes wide to the gap and tries are scored.

If the decoy runner takes out or interferes with the defender it's a penalty, but this rarely happens.

The only clubs/coaches complaining loudly about this are the coaches that are unable/lack the intelligence to coach their sides to do the same thing.

This bloke makes my skin crawl.

Don't bother arguing with him. He licked enough butt ova at the kennel for long enough that they made the goose a Mod. Biggest 2 faced dimwit on the internet. Wish he'd do us all a favor and #### off and dissapear

MrInvisible said:

He's known as the biggest ****wit on our forums. He's like the retarded cousin you just have to accept.

I raise my shandy to you sir!

Bakes kennel legend said:
I raise my shandy to you sir!
Bakes, I'll raise my full strength new to you if you go back to the kennel. They're missing you.

Mr Invincible clearly doesnt understand the game. The dogs have been shown repeatedly to be benefitting from dodgy decoy plays involving the ball carrier running behind the decoy runner. Thats the point Jason taylor has made. The decoy runner doesnt have to 'take out or interfere with the defender they just have to affect their access to the ball carrier in a way that constitutes an advantage.

Harrigan has been caught out and rather than admit the fact that the flea beagles have been allowed to get away with it throughout the season, he's come out with this laughable complex explanation that talks about 'grey areas' and the fact that its not a sheperd if there is sufficient depth between the ball runner and the decoy runner. The lengths this idiot will go to to cover his arse.

If you want to see how confused the refs are about the whole thing have a look at Archers face when Jamie Lyon questions him about the blatant sheperd in the Manly Brisbane game. That was after Harrigan issued his explanatory video! Toovey is very wise in raising it cos there's a good chance the dogs will use the move on friday.

sean1976 said:
Mr Invincible clearly doesnt understand the game. The dogs have been shown repeatedly to be benefitting from dodgy decoy plays involving the ball carrier running behind the decoy runner. Thats the point Jason taylor has made. The decoy runner doesnt have to 'take out or interfere with the defender they just have to affect their access to the ball carrier in a way that constitutes an advantage.

Harrigan has been caught out and rather than admit the fact that the flea beagles have been allowed to get away with it throughout the season, he's come out with this laughable complex explanation that talks about 'grey areas' and the fact that its not a sheperd if there is sufficient depth between the ball runner and the decoy runner. The lengths this idiot will go to to cover his arse.

If you want to see how confused the refs are about the whole thing have a look at Archers face when Jamie Lyon questions him about the blatant sheperd in the Manly Brisbane game. That was after Harrigan issued his explanatory video! Toovey is very wise in raising it cos there's a good chance the dogs will use the move on friday.

Mate that's harsh on Mr I. What does Toovey and Jason Taylor know? Tooves is just a premiership winning captain, NSW and Australian rep who is spoken about as being one of the toughest pound for pound player the game has seen. Jason Taylor was only the one time leading pointscorer of all time, even more remarkable was that he achieved the feat playing for Wests, Norths and the slime. Mr I on the other hand is?

Nthn NSW said:

I can't f**king wait because you are an A-grade wanker

GOLD:D
TBH I thought he had been banned.

Nthn NSW said:

and if you happen to lose on Friday night? Or haven't you taken that into consideration?

Guess what? I won't come over here and gloat and rub your faces in it if you cop a loss on Friday.

Iv been having a look on The Kennel and surprise surprise Mrs I is hated on there as much as he is here. Lol...... I just can't understand why

MrInvisible said:
Nthn NSW said:

and if you happen to lose on Friday night? Or haven't you taken that into consideration?

Guess what? I won't come over here and gloat and rub your faces in it if you cop a loss on Friday.

Can you start 2 days early?

Dogs are a confidence team one sheppard let go and there tails will be in the air, in there end hit the whole lot of them on suspicion.

Can someone troll them with Desmond running the water for Peter Sharp on a YouTube link??

They call Toovey waterboy but Desmond was a waterboy to the worst coach in the history of our club

Small minds and short memories

GLENN Stewart says the Sea Eagles are stronger now as they head into tomorrow's grudge match against the Bulldogs than they were six weeks ago.

That night Manly went down 20-12 in what marked Des Hasler's return to Fortress Brookvale.

"We've had five weeks of our top team playing (together) and combinations are starting to form," the star backrower said.

"We probably lacked a bit of attacking potency against the Titans last game but our defence was still there."

And that is why the players will carry no psychological scars when they run onto ANZ Stadium for another battle with the team guided to the minor premiership by their former mentor Hasler.

"Playing at this level, I don't think you need any more motivation," he said.

Stewart revealed the decisive moment a week later that got Manly's premiership campaign back on track. It came when the Sea Eagles trailed the Warriors 18-0 at halftime in Perth before staging a sensational comeback to win 24-22.

"That was a turning point for us," Stewart said. "While we'd been patchy all year our defence hadn't been where we wanted it.

"From that game on our defence has picked up, but we're still focusing on improving our attack options."

Stewart responded to questions about the side yet to put in a full 80-minute performance by saying they were still playing well.

"It seems to come up a fair bit but we're not thinking about that," Stewart said.

He said the Sea Eagles' second-half performance against Parramatta should be discounted because they only had 13 fit players.

Coach Geoff Toovey said he hadn't got any response from rival Hasler after he pointed out concerns in the way the Bulldogs were using obstruction to shield star fullback Ben Barba.

"He knows I'm right, so it's fine," Toovey said.

Go Tooves:D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8