Toovey should say no

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weev

Bencher
Don't get me wrong here. Toovey would be a superb coach.

No dispute, he is dessie-like. Say it again! He is dessie-like, and he is also:

1. Gutsy
2. Seasoned
3. Instinctual player
4. Respected by both fans and players
5. Maroon-blooded
6. Keen as english mustard

So, in this and these cases, why should he say yes to a board that views Manly coaches as middle-managers?

w.

Because Toovey is a Manly boy, not a panthers ring-in like the dog we have now. He would probably do it to simply help the club he loves.

bones said:
Because Toovey is a Manly boy, not a panthers ring-in like the dog we have now. He would probably do it to simply help the club he loves.

The dog with 'dogkinson'? Interesting! ... that these two will link up (is hodkinson long term at Canterbury?)?

And what is this ring of panthers you speak off? I didn't know des was a chocolate soldier?

w.

weev said:
The dog with 'dogkinson'? Interesting! ... that these two will link up (is hodkinson long term at Canterbury?)?

And what is this ring of panthers you speak off? I didn't know des was a chocolate soldier?

w.

Hodkinson signed with Dogs to end 2013.

I can't believe you guys are turning on Des.

If I can remind you Jamie Buhrer was a slime junior and supported Manly.

Unfortunatly this is the era we live in today.

OneEyedEagle said:

Buhrer wasnt a real Parra Junior he was just living in their catchment area so he played because his local club would have fed him there. Same way i wouldnt class a kid playing for Belrose that loved Parra and went to Parra's sg ball side a Manly Junior.

OneEyedEagle said:

OEE you might change your mind when des takes crusher and his whole support staff including Donny singe as well as a few of the players to the dogs. Zorba has intimated today that this will happen

What chance is a new coach like toovey going to jave when he has no support staff or recruitment officer and has to start from scratch.

If we lose a few players to the dogs and other teams and others retrire or leave there isn't going to be much left. And any new plauers are going to think twice about comming to Manly because of the crap that goes on with the board etc. We are a disfunctional cliub.

Des could easily have stayed but he will now be known as a dog for what he has done.

Agreed, no success without DES. What will you say if were looking good come sept??? He'll be back, prob not as coach but in some official capacity to help. Bring on tooves 2013, we will find away back to the top again. That is if we leave the top at all. According to zorba this morning he doesn't think we'll lose any players.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-33.883187,151.219083

My philosophy is this.

If you want to stay with Manly then stay.

If you don't want to stay then go now.

That goes for players, admin and support staff.

The world will not end. No-one is bigger than the club.

But I ask you to make your own decisions not just be a follower or a sheep.

I think this could be a good time to put the broom through the admin staff at least who appear to be doing very little in the way of productive work. I would have thought that a 'KPI' would have been to retain Des but it apparently wasn't.

When Toovey says no, does he really mean yes. And then there's Des....... Actually I think Tooves will be a breath of fresh air for this club, straight up and does'nt care how his hair looks.

Tooves is his own man and I would think would be jumping at the chance to make his mark as a Coach. He would have served a great apprenticeship under Des and now has a chance to apply himself.

Manly is in a totally different base to that of 2004. There are plenty of Support Staff wanting to work for an NRL Club. Some existing ones would also have family commitments etc and not want to leave the Academy of Sports locality, same goes for Players.

I have every confidence that now the destruction has come about, the reconstruction phase has already begun. Everyone involved has been shown to be self serving, lets hope that the lesson has been learnt by the Board and Employees of our great Manly Club.

Manly v3.0 ;) launch Feb 19, 2012 at the WCC

OneEyedEagle said:
Do you guys really think Des wanted to leave?

No I don't, why so hasty to sign with the dogs and why were the members kept in the dark, had members known and Des had said it's me or the board I don't think we'd be in this situation.

Surely had it been put to the members of all the backstabbing things could have changed a long time ago but the powers to be just let it fester and look what has happened. I've been saying that head office has been a shambles for ages and unfortunately I've been proven right.

It's time for Penn and all concerned to tell us who ****ed up so we as members can make an informed decision on our future.

swoop said:
OneEyedEagle said:
Do you guys really think Des wanted to leave?

No I don't, why so hasty to sign with the dogs and why were the members kept in the dark, had members known and Des had said it's me or the board I don't think we'd be in this situation.

Surely had it been put to the members of all the backstabbing things could have changed a long time ago but the powers to be just let it fester and look what has happened. I've been saying that head office has been a shambles for ages and unfortunately I've been proven right.

It's time for Penn and all concerned to tell us who f***ed up so we as members can make an informed decision on our future.
Information is what's needed. The club needs to tell the fans what is happening otherwise rumour and innuendo will continue to run rife.At the moment everything is conjecture.

Of course he wanted to leave. If he didn't, he wouldn't have. Are you all mad? Coaches come and go, as do players. Toovs will be good, hopefully great. I support the club, not personalities within it.

Not mad, just concerned and confused. Don't think there has been to much clarity and honesty shown so far. Everybody is basically in shock after the high of the GF win leading to the revelations of the past week. We all support the club. Hence our concern DSM5.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4