Toovey for national team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weev

Bencher
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/-ghn7jb.html

Toovey for national team

Geoff Toovey is shaping as an ideal candidate to take over as Kangaroos coach when - and it appears it's only a matter of time - he is punted by Manly.

Tim Sheens has compiled a reasonable record since taking over the national side but a third straight loss to New Zealand, which resulted in Australia losing its No.1 world ranking, will likely cost him the chance to lead Australia to the 2017 World Cup. Officials are in the process of deciding whether to make the Kangaroos head coaching position a full-time one but, either way, it appears certain State of Origin coaches won't be considered. Terry Fearnley was the last man to double as a state and national coach and powerbrokers don't want a repeat of the selection dramas during his tenure. With no obvious candidate available, Toovey would be the ideal man to take over. "Toovs" is himself a former Kangaroos player, has an outstanding record at club level and would be reluctant to coach against the Sea Eagles given his love of the club. He will also have the advantage of not having being involved at club level when he is cut loose. The move would also allow him to continue to work alongside Australian selector Bob Fulton, who is also a consultant to the Sea Eagles. Penrith assistant Trent Barrett is ready to take over at Manly, but the club faces a backlash over the treatment of a favourite son.

A nice clean resignation to pursue higher honours - sounds fair to me. Tooves leaves a hero and then goes on to recruit numerous internationals to the club!

Win win situation?

Explains why Choc quit rep footy.
Don't give old Choccy the credit of foresight. Inferential thinking is just way too much. He has trouble remembering the upcoming dates of his botox appointments.:p
The good thing for Choc is, he no longer needs a car with airbags as his face is now one.
@:D
Being mean but it's fun.
Now I've got to go to school and be nice.
Have a great day Silvertails.

Another attempt to placate the 2v Supporters, who all know that a hatchet job was started by some Manly Players back in 2014 :mad:

I can see it now - Tooves gets the arse jsut as we are getting players back and suddenly the new coach miraculously wins a few games and is hailed a genious.

Guess it will make some posters happy

Is Toovey a career coach or is he simply a passionate Manly man? Would coaching the Kangaroos be on his to-do list? He has plenty of options but I see him as Manly coach because he has something to give to the club and fans, not because he wants to ride the coaching conveyor belt. I don't see the motivation for him.

I could live with that, sadly I think Tooves days are numbered and maybe this might be an honourable solution.

Becoming the Australia Test coach might be a poisoned chalice, when you think the current World Champs have players like Tapow, Taumololo, Matolino, JWH, RTS and Johnson. Good luck to the Aussies, they will need it.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sea-eagles-steve-matai-says-coach-geoff-tooveys-future-should-be-resolved-as-soon-as-possible/story-fni3gnk1-1227399138418

Sea Eagles’ Steve Matai says coach Geoff Toovey’s future should be resolved as soon as possible

• JON GEDDES
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • JUNE 16, 2015 12:00AM

SEA Eagles stalwart Steve Matai says the Manly players want the ongoing uncertainty surrounding Geoff Toovey’s coaching position resolved as soon as possible.

The club has indicated Toovey will remain in charge for the remainder of this season but there remains constant speculation Trent Barrett will be the coach next year.

“For us players we want to know who is going to be there next year and if Tooves is going to be there next year or see out the year,” Matai said.

“We want that to be firm and we are just looking for that. Hopefully we can get that soon and get everything sorted.”

Matai said there had been no word from club management on what was happening on the coaching front.

story-fni3gnk1-1227399138418

It was business as usual for Toovey and his coaching staff on Monday as they put their players through a field session at Narrabeen following a team meeting.

Uncertainty over Toovey’s future is distracting for the players, says Matai.

Despite the pressure, Matai said Toovey had not let the constant speculation affect his job or his demeanour.

“That’s the thing, he has turned up and he’s got that smile on his face and he’s just the same old Geoff Toovey that he has been the last few years,” Matai said.

“So if it so hurting him he’s doing a good job hiding it.”

“Tooves has done a great job for us, he is really down to earth and easy to talk to so it is kind of hard to see him in this position.’’

Matai said it was tough that the coach has been copping all the flak when the players have to take some of the blame as well.

Hooker Matt Ballin, another of Manly’s leaders who recently re-signed with Manly, said he has learnt a lot from Toovey during his time at the club, even back when he was reserve grade coach.

“I love playing for him, he is passionate about the club and the game and he wants the best for both of those things,” Ballin said.

“All I can do is my job here and support him as much as I can.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8