Tooves quiet?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
New coach Toovey and the club has been quiet so far. Nothing but leaks from the board to smh. When are we going to get on the front foot again? I love Manly but come on lets get some positive news for us Die Hard supporters. We are the Premiers FFS.

AS Geoff Toovey hit the ground running as head coach of the Sea Eagles on Monday, across town the Bulldogs wasted no time parading their star recruit Des Hasler.

In a scene sure to incense Sea Eagles fans, Hasler appeared in front of a media circus at Belmore dressed in Bulldogs colours just three days after being sacked as Manly coach.

It was also the dawning of a new era, but far more low-key, at Narrabeen as Toovey moved into his office after all the recent dramas that have plagued the club.

Besides the inevitable bucketloads of sweat that are shed during pre-season training, Toovey also wants the players to have some fun as they chase back-to-back premierships.

The premiership-winning Manly skipper was the first person to arrive at the club’s Narrabeen headquarters at 8am, immediately throwing himself into preparations for the campaign ahead.

It was was a far more peaceful scene than last Friday when it was confirmed he would be stepping up to the top job.

One got the impression Toovey was not disappointed the spotlight had shifted away from him and the Manly club.

“It is exciting and I’ve been getting into the work that needs to be done,” Toovey said during a break in his busy schedule.

Apart from attending meetings, he also checked on the fitness testing done by those players who were back at training.

With Toovey in his previous role as assistant coach a lot of the foundations for the coming season had been laid.

“And there are a few other things that I plan to bring in,” Toovey said.

Toovey was confident he had the players’ support.

“The players are very professional, coaches and players come and go,” he said. “Things have moved very quickly, obviously, but we can only do what is put in front of us and we will carry on.”

The immediate challenge is the World Club Challenge in February. “It isn’t easy travelling to England two weeks before the premiership starts,” Toovey said.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/new-eras-dawn/

Toovey is like Des - he will let his exploits on the paddock do the talking.

Don't fall into the trap that paper talk actually means anything. It is all crap designed to sell the papers.

When the footy starts, there will be plenty of noise coming out of Brookvale, just the way it should be!!!

Seems like Tooves does'nt see getting involved in the media circus as part of his job and is getting down to preparing for the coming season. Sounds good to me.

I'm much more confident of a good season now that Des is gone. If he had stayed for 2012 after signing with the dogs I don't think Manly would have made the finals. Now though, I am quietly confident of at least a finals berth.

Moondog said:
Seems like Tooves does'nt see getting involved in the media circus as part of his job and is getting down to preparing for the coming season. Sounds good to me.

As it should be. Very professional Tooves.

We've had enough media crap thrown at us over the last couple of years. I would just be glad to never hear again about any Gallop feuds , refereeing feuds , coach vs board feuds, sponsorship troubles , financial troubles, player misbehaviour or good sort comments in any media outlet. Can we just have some ****ING PEACE, stay out of the spotlight and only talk about Manly Sea Eagles football team's on field performances.

ffbb02f4696228f6c3391ef21f2e345c_resized.jpg

Tooves is an accountant (as well as a kick arse former player of course) so all he needs is a calculator :)

Toove's has a WCC to win and a Premiership to defend with the Sea Eagles, he's hard at work preparing for that. He doesn't need to parade himself around in a new shirt whilst providing the media with the kind of circus they love.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7