Tooves has absolutely torn the refs a new one

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Souffs obviously

Tooves should have given it a while ago but as he said there is no value or way of working with them

voicefromthehill said:
Technical Coach said:
To be expected;

1)Put pressure on the refs for when it counts
2)Save face

It's the attack always has been.....

Please add value now

Why I have been stating it for years I offered a while ago to illustrate a small sample against the Tigers that had me convinced our attack still has issues and will not be good enough against the leading teams but had no takers.

I tried warning people to stop getting lost in the big scores we have been racking up recently.

In saying that the attack this year has improved that is one of the positives this year and has allowed us to cruise through the last 6 weeks. In the past we would still be in the grind against weak opposition and rack up injuries at least this year we have put teams to the sword.

Still there is hangover in our structures that kill us in the big games too often with such a quality backline.

Brent Read ‏@brentread_7 2m
Geoff Toovey's post-match blow-up at Gosford one of the best ever. Called for investigation into video referees and

Brent Read ‏@brentread_7 1m
suggested Lima's tackle on Watmough's injured leg was "suspicious". Also claimed match officials decided outcome of game. Toovey at his best

Technical Coach said:
voicefromthehill said:
Technical Coach said:
To be expected;

1)Put pressure on the refs for when it counts
2)Save face

It's the attack always has been.....

Please add value now

Why I have been stating it for years I offered a while ago to illustrate a small sample against the Tigers that had me convinced our attack still has issues and will not be good enough against the leading teams but had no takers.

I tried warning people to stop getting lost in the big scores we have been racking up recently.

In saying that the attack this year has improved that is one of the positives this year and has allowed us to cruise through the last 6 weeks. In the past we would still be in the grind against weak opposition and rack up injuries at least this year we have put teams to the sword.

Still there is hangover in our structures that kill us in the big games too often with such a quality backline.

You deathride us all the time but Manly continue to defy your so called 'profound technical knowledge'

How have I, the attack could be and should be better full stop.

We fix our attack and even with the reduced playing depth on offer at the moment we can win this premiership.

The amount of offensive defensive effort today was amazing to see but it had to be to slow down the Souths pack.

This was actually one of our best performances this year just a pity the attack did not reward it.

Technical Coach said:
How have I, the attack could be and should be better full stop.

We fix our attack and even with the reduced playing depth on offer at the moment we can win this premiership.

How do we fix it?

Toovey post game interview with ABC http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-16/interview-geoff-toovey/4893772?section=sport

I haven't seen it but I won't be faulting any of the sentiments listed above. Tooves has got it exactly right. However, if Tooves thinks that will change Hayne in the future I doubt it. He has a big issue about anyone questioning his decisions and has blown the crap out of his whistle against us so many times it is just predictable. I'm definitely over the anti-Manly bias.

To answer in short form without a whiteboard and training methods we need more variations and straighter options up the middle, more hole running options not just the usual players on offer.

DCE has to play sharper and straighter through the middle---he only looks dangerous with those second man plays when he runs at the line(like tonight as a sharp runner) but is doing nothing through the middle of any substance/sharpness or playing off his hip.

The outside in play from G.Stewart to B.Stewart should have more variations it is telegraphed. Even on those plays Brett can be a decoy for another runner.

I have variations on adding an extra layer to the standard second man plays that are over-used in the NRL taking advantage of up and in defences.

More stepping back in and playing off the inside hip with decoy variations to suck in the middle defensive structures setting up a power play off the next play the ball.

Wingers can chime in more infield at certain times more so than what is on offer, even in the red zone.

Too much to mention and requires the offseason too late in the season for some to be introduced.

Toovey presser

http://www.nrl.com/rd-23-press-conference-sea-eagles/tabid/10959/contentid/574621/embed/t4NGx2ZDoaePAQQVHv7MHkSZztPt82AT/default.aspx

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6