Tommy Turbo's 1 handed pickup!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can we keep him and Lyon on the right please? Get someone else in at 5/8. If Lyon plays like he did today and Tommy plays like he did today then surely we won't change that right hand side. Hiku on the centre is also so much better than he is on the wing and is it just me or is Taufua finally taking bombs without giving fans multiple heart attacks?

I also agree with that pass to put Taufua away. Brilliant kick return and offload after taking out the defender. When most of our players move sideways they are so slow that the defenders slide across fine but when this man looks for a hole his pace allows him that extra space to get through.

I ventured down to the Central Coast tonight and watched the game, and I was actually struck by just how big Tommy Turbo is. He looks like a deadest beanpole on tv, but when you see him up closer, he's very tall, very athletic, and whilst still light, he isn't Brett Stewart light when he started. And he is only going to get bigger and stronger.

Super impressed with him tonight.

Tommy Turbo is destined to be a superstar. He is already showing how good he is in first grade and he is only 18.

On the subject of Goodes, how about the mental strain DCE would've been under during the back flip saga. No time off for him.
When he was Booed, he did the Madagascar Penguins thing,
"..just smile & wave boys,
smile & wave...."
Ridiculous comparison. Daley got a tiny number of boos in a couple of games. The loudest boos were in the Titans game where there were three Titans fans and a cat.

Goodes gets loudly booed every single play, every single away game, by every racist in the opposition team. And there's plenty. All because he dared to challenge racists on their racism. Which makes every racist uncomfortable. Are you one?

Just on Goodes....yes the original boos (this year at least) were racially motivated after his war dance towards Carlton supporters......but believe me he is far from being the most popular player in the AFL outside of Swans fans. There are those who are booing him because he's an Aboriginal which I personally do not agree with and definitely don't condone. But there are also a lot booing him because they simply don't like him and believe he is acting like a tool.

Now, onto the thread topic. In Tommy (and Gutho and from what I saw tonight, MCK) we finally have speedy outside backs who we can be fairly confident won't get run down in a 60-70 metre run to the line.

If the NRL didn't sit up and take notice after what he did against the Warriors in the NYC last weekend, they would have after tonight. That pass to send Jorge away was beautiful and his pick up and race to the line late in the game was a highlight reel.

For a few years we really haven't had a lot of pace in the backs. Snake is still quick but with age and injury he's no longer able to sprint away for long range tries like we saw from 2005-09. Last week was the first time in a while I've seen him get the ball from a standing start and race down field. He got 40 metres before they were on him. The 2008 Snake would have been under the posts. Jorge is a power runner and has some pace, but he's never going to be accused of being a speedster in the true winger sense. And Peta Hiku has no pace. He's only on the wing because Snake is at fullback while Killer and Skivy have the centres locked up. Skivy was never the quickest centre, while at his best Killer could foot it with almost anyone, but like Snake age is starting to catch him speed wise. Still quick though, especially between the ears.

After tonight its going to be hard to keep Turbo Tom out of the side. There are growing calls to drop Hiku to NSW Cup despite him being an established international.

Last edited:
Ridiculous comparison. Daley got a tiny number of boos in a couple of games. The loudest boos were in the Titans game where there were three Titans fans and a cat.

Goodes gets loudly booed every single play, every single away game, by every racist in the opposition team. And there's plenty. All because he dared to challenge racists on their racism. Which makes every racist uncomfortable. Are you one?
Smile & wave boys, smile & wave ;)

Those Inglis comparisons are spot on. When Tommy fills out, he's going to be huge. In fact he might even end up bigger than Inglis. He towers over everyone in the team and already this year I think he's put on a bit of size. More importantly I think he's starting to realise he's big enough and strong enough to compete at NRL level.
Bring the other Turbo brothers on!

I do think Toovey will keep Hiku in the side over Tommy. People are forgetting that Hiku is a current NZ rep.

After last night, no chance. Hiku to the bench?
I don't know, but Tom T has to be there no matter what.

We were there Rex, you should've heard that cat!.....snarling and spitting at DCE everytime he got the ball, then he got a chant of " DCE's a pussy!" going....terrible stuff.@:p

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Yeah he has to be in the team. He is a better attacking player than hiku and other teams are not going to waste their time bombing a winger that tall who can score length of the field tries.

Tommy's one handed pick up was nearly as good as his brother's goal line grubber.

TT is a star. The skills,he displayed last night were amazing. He and Chee Cam need to be in the team next week, they are both very fast and we need speed.

Before last night, I had Hiku ahead of Tom because Hiku was more defensively sound and was good on his feet in a tackle. But last night was a coming of age for Tom and I now prefer him. If we are serious about making a late season charge then he'll be a handy player to have outside Lyon.

If Tom didn't play last night then the score wouldn't have blown out as much as it did.

It was awesome -showed great speed last night-i was just saying in a recent thread how much we need to lock in this guy long term he is already brilliant and only 18 with so much more improvement in him----lock him in long term manly.

If you get a chance to watch the highlights on NRL.com of the match last night, there is a side on angle (replay) of the first Tom T try where Lyon was mustered into a corner and flicked the ball back in. You can see just how composed Tom T was in that moment. He was running forward after the kick but it was deflected and he instantly got himself back in a position to field a potential second kick or pass, which also allowed Lyon the space to do his work, before nonchalantly receiving the pass for the eventual try; he is a natural.

Tommy T is the better winger. he has got more speed
Hiku seems to play better when at centre or fullback so for me Tommy T has to be picked in front of Hiku
I don't think Hiku is the best bench option either

If you get a chance to watch the highlights on NRL.com of the match last night, there is a side on angle (replay) of the first Tom T try where Lyon was mustered into a corner and flicked the ball back in. You can see just how composed Tom T was in that moment. He was running forward after the kick but it was deflected and he instantly got himself back in a position to field a potential second kick or pass, which also allowed Lyon the space to do his work, before nonchalantly receiving the pass for the eventual try; he is a natural.

Tommy actually stopped dead and let everyone past him so he was onside. It was a cool headed play that got rewarded with a try from Killer's flick pass.

I can see the comparisons that people are making between Tommy and Inglis, but I think he's a lot more like RTS. Tall, fast, elusive and a very good broken field runner. Defence is about the same as well. And when he fills out more he will still be the same, but will be a beast like Inglis is.

We were there Rex, you should've heard that cat!.....snarling and spitting at DCE everytime he got the ball, then he got a chant of " DCE's a pussy!" going....terrible stuff.@:p

That makes more sense, Rex said 3 Titans fans & a cat were booing,
I was thinking the cat would have trouble pursing his lips to Boo.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6