Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Again snake should have been the greatest fullback in NRL history except his knees weren’t up to it. In his prime and fit I’d pick him as the best we’ve had so far.
Eadie: 4 premierships in 8 years, Australia, NSW. Legend status. 1978 GF replay - the perfect game.
Snake: one of the best ever - it's a shame that injuries stopped him from achieving more. Still 2 premierships, though. Freakish athlete.
Turbo: sky's the limit, hopefully the best is yet to come. A lot to look forward to.

Sure different eras. But seriously have a look at wombats achievements again folks. 4 premierships in Australia. And correct me if I am wrong but was he a year out of the game retired before he picked up the boots again over in England. And you'd never believe it. Club championship 86. Challenge Cup Final winner 87 and Man of the Match in the final.

Great fullbacks can be debated for ever and a day, eras etc, but winning also matters and wombats achievements are unmatched.

Eadie: 4 premierships in 8 years, Australia, NSW. Legend status. 1978 GF replay - the perfect game.
Snake: one of the best ever - it's a shame that injuries stopped him from achieving more. Still 2 premierships, though. Freakish athlete.
Turbo: sky's the limit, hopefully the best is yet to come. A lot to look forward to.
Agree, Eadie is unsurpassed.

Along with Snake's coaching of Turbo (which is evident in some of his traits) and yes anything's possible.

It’s impossible to compare players from different era’s
How much better could Wombat be under todays training or speed of the game.
Same with Snake or Turbo, how would they have been in the era of Wombat.
Turbo would have probably retired with the injuries.

All 3 have been my favourite players from their era.

Yeah that hit up should be a Paseka,aloiai or olakau'atu. We need to protect the guy from himself at times
Yeah, agree winnyason... Tommy in 21 was just about untouchable and he knew it. Together with Manly he rode the wave of greatness all the way to Bris and 4th spot and a semi v Souths. Lots of people questioning what Tommy is really worth now due to his stop start injury curse at this time of his career. But I say, he's worth every cent just knowing when fully fit there's no other player that comes close to what Tommmy is capable of.

Sometimes a gun player is only as good as the team around him also in the sense of being under less pressure and being able to play a game on their terms . Recall how the Storm in late 21 and the Panthers early last season , had Manly on the back foot often and were able to pin Turbo into a corner and reduce his effectiveness . To be quite candid , Turbo did not respond and adapt that well either . Even seemed to switch off a bit . Anyway has shown time and time again when fit and focused , that he a terrific athlete and player . Snake and Turbo' s ball playing and pass selection are often under rated as well , different era and playing styles back in Wombats days but he was just so effective in so many other areas . Snake 's brilliant acceleration , Eadie 's powerful running , Turbo has a blending of both traits , just obviously need him on the paddock on a very regular basis fit and firing

Turbo was carrying us on his shoulders and his success in 2021 veiled our deficiencies. Eventually the other sides worked out how to shut him down and our deficiencies were again in the forefront. he had some success taking the ball as first receiver near the opposition goal line and he then started to try to do it all of the time. He needs to step back and pick his moments whilst spending most of his time on the hips of DCE and Schuster.

Yeah, agree winnyason... Tommy in 21 was just about untouchable and he knew it. Together with Manly he rode the wave of greatness all the way to Bris and 4th spot and a semi v Souths. Lots of people questioning what Tommy is really worth now due to his stop start injury curse at this time of his career. But I say, he's worth every cent just knowing when fully fit there's no other player that comes close to what Tommmy is capable of.
Yeap he a top 5 player in league unbelievable talent.
We as a team need to use him alot smarter. Inside shoulder in attack and sniffing around edges for offloads.

Yeap he a top 5 player in league unbelievable talent.
We as a team need to use him alot smarter. Inside shoulder in attack and sniffing around edges for offloads.
Exactly ... and chiming into the attack as a 2nd 5/8 if you like creating those 2on1 try scoring opportunities. Will be interesting to see if Tommy plays under instruction or Sieb's just lets Tommy do his own thing.

In a team sport it's nearly impossible to compare players that played with different teams in different eras. One slightly useful way (albeit futile) is to consider how players would go if they were dropped into another team at another time. How would Turbo go if he played in the 70s or 2006-2013?

Based purely on skill and physical attributes I reckon Tom is the best Fullback I've ever seen. Yes players are judged on success but often that success relies on factors that are outside of their own abilities.

I wasn't around for Eadie but record speak for itself and his highlights are amazing.

Loved Snake, amazing player but to be honest Turbo is another level. The guy won a Dally M in 15 games. Most of those games read along the lines of 200m, a try, 2 try assists, 4 line break, 6 tackle busts etc.

I think with Toms injuries we often diminish how other worldy he is.

Turbo is another level. The guy won a Dally M in 15 games. Most of those games read along the lines of 200m, a try, 2 try assists, 4 line break, 6 tackle busts etc.
This is exemplified by the fact that Turbo has four of the all time top ten super coach points rankings - 1st, 2nd, 4th & 9th (performances probably enhanced by the introduction of the six again rule)

I wasn't around for Eadie but record speak for itself and his highlights are amazing.

Loved Snake, amazing player but to be honest Turbo is another level. The guy won a Dally M in 15 games. Most of those games read along the lines of 200m, a try, 2 try assists, 4 line break, 6 tackle busts etc.

I think with Toms injuries we often diminish how other worldy he is.
did nothing in the finals where it mattered. Snake is a proven premiership winner x2. Tom has alot to go than half a good season

I rate him just behind Tommy on Manly fullbacks with Brett Stewart no1.
All the best Fullbacks on their day

But as far as Longevity and premiership winning success goes

It goes without saying that The 4 time premiership Winning Wombat rules supreme

Legend Q&A: Graham Eadie | NRL.com

Can anyone a little older than me shed some light on why Wombat barely played in 71-73? From what I've found online he played 7 games over 3 years, 2 regular season games, 3 Major Semis and 2GFs. On paper it is bizarre.

Can anyone a little older than me shed some light on why Wombat barely played in 71-73? From what I've found online he played 7 games over 3 years, 2 regular season games, 3 Major Semis and 2GFs. On paper it is bizarre.
It appears these are flawed stats (possibly corrupted when copying from csv or xls files).

This page shows he played 3 games in 1971 (debut year), 6 games in 1972 (thought he played more) & 14 games in 1974

It appears these are flawed stats (possibly corrupted when copying from csv or xls files).

This page shows he played 3 games in 1971 (debut year), 6 games in 1972 (thought he played more) & 14 games in 1974

That looks far more sensible for a players first 3 seasons. Still an amazing record. 3 losses, 1 draw, 19 wins including 2 premierships in his first 3 years.

did nothing in the finals where it mattered. Snake is a proven premiership winner x2. Tom has alot to go than half a good season
I'm not talking down Snake, amazing player.

But to your comment, no single player wins a comp on their own. Plug Turbo into those 08 and 11 teams and the outcome is the same IMO. Plug Snake into our 2021 side and I don't believe we go further.

Also Turbo has scored 3 tries in 4 finals matches so not sure I'd say he did nothing

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2