Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was bang average all night no matter how you dress it up. Feel bad saying this but this cycle of injuries and intermittent absences is really cruelling our chances of building any momentum in our seasons. It's such a tease having such a great player on the books but never getting anything like the best out of him on a consistent basis.

I'm upset at neither.

The more players we have playing Origin the better. The more players the better we are going.

Injuries....well injuries happen. Sucks but its one game.

If we can't cover Tom for a game then we are not a finals team.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: lsz
One game?
One game?
One?

We've been covering Tom for bloody ever. I have no problem with him taking the time needed to recover from injury, but to play Origin after so many absences from his (very well) paid employment?

Nup. He shouldn't have put his hand up.
Yeah the expectation is he'll miss one game.

Also we dont pay Tom well as a favour, he doesnt owe us anything. We offered him a contract based on him being an elite player in our game at the time of the contract and us determining that it was the best interest of the club. Manly like any club only acts in their own self interest, so please, save me the 'he owes us' rhetoric.

Maybe that would stand up for a situation like Manase but not for a player who busts his gut for the club and is diligent with his rehab and professional on and off the field.

Also about 3 weeks ago some fans were wanting to cut Tom loose, now the talk of loyalty and owing us cause he picked up a head knock.

One game?
One game?
One?

We've been covering Tom for bloody ever. I have no problem with him taking the time needed to recover from injury, but to play Origin after so many absences from his (very well) paid employment?

Nup. He shouldn't have put his hand up.
100%, this has been happening all throughout Tom's career, Origin is a different beast to club football, sure , sure he may have picked up some form and performed well against the Raiders, which in turn earned him selection for Origin, however he still probably wasn't ready for a game of this magnitude and should have pulled out.
We will lose him next week, and perhaps lose him again when we play the Eels, then he will play Origin again and who know what injury he may pick up, and basically there's our season gone if not already.
Fark I hate S of O, happens every time

Also we dont pay Tom well as a favour, he doesnt owe us anything. We offered him a contract based on him being an elite player in our game at the time of the contract and us determining that it was the best interest of the club. Manly like any club only acts in their own self interest, so please, save me the 'he owes us' rhetoric.

Maybe that would stand up for a situation like Manase but not for a player who busts his gut for the club and is diligent with his rehab and professional on and off the field.

Also about 3 weeks ago some fans were wanting to cut Tom loose, now the talk of loyalty and owing us cause he picked up a head knock.
Perhaps we just have different values. If I'm paid to do something for someone and I can't manage to do it, but they pay me anyway, I will do anything I can to make it up to them.

Just the way I was brought up.

I was also brought up not to assign quotes to people who haven't made them. Maybe "some fans were wanting to cut Tom loose" but I never suggested such a thing so perhaps you could just stick to the discussion at hand.

Perhaps we just have different values. If I'm paid to do something for someone and I can't manage to do it, but they pay me anyway, I will do anything I can to make it up to them.

Just the way I was brought up.

I was also brought up not to assign quotes to people who haven't made them. Maybe "some fans were wanting to cut Tom loose" but I never suggested such a thing so perhaps you could just stick to the discussion at hand.

Huh?

If I was assigning a quote to you I would find the quote and quote you.

Not sure how stating that there are fans who have expressed their desire to cut Tom loose has given you the impression that I said you want to cut Tom loose.

Long bow there.

Differing values I'm not sure, differing viewpoints certainly. I see Tom as a model professional who works harder in training and rehab than anyone. He represents the club fantastically on and off the field.

If the above wasnt the case and he missed games through his own unprofessionalism or lack of standards then I agree, what you say rings true, he would owe the club.

But to expect him to punish himself for injuries out of his control that he suffered whilst playing for us, thats a bridge too far IMO.

Last edited:
Tom just never got in the game, saw little ball, the balls he did get were just hit-ups anyway. Fullbacks his spot or as a roving winger in Origin side.
100%.
He never received any ball as a centre as the 4 Panthers Players wouldn’t pass to him.
I cringe every time he takes those hit-ups.
Isn’t that the job of the forwards and wingers ??
Love the guy and his family but he was never ready for the frantic game of SOO.

Manly Sea Eagles and New South Wales Blues fullback was judged to have shown Category 1 concussion symptoms during the opening game of the 2023 State of Origin series and, as result, will be subject to the NRL's 11-day stand-down policy.

Coming off the field after a tackle that saw Thomas Flegler sin-binned where shoulder contact appeared to be made with his head, Trbojevic was taken directly from the field

Confirmation came soon after via the Channel 9 broadcast that the Manly fullback, who spent the game in the centres for the Blues, has been graded with Category 1 symptoms.

While the Sea Eagles have a bye this weekend, they play on Friday night in Round 15, which is only nine days away, meaning Trbojevic, barring a miracle within the NRL's concussion return-to-play policy, will now not play again before Origin 2.

Unfortunately I don’t think you can make yourself ‘available’ then ‘unavailable’ during the same series. The time to wave the unavailability flag was probably about 2-3 months ago. But totally agree, would love to see both him not playing SOO this year.

On a brighter note, at least he didn’t suffer another leg injury.
I have to say, I was more worried he'd broken his jaw.

Damn it. I hate it when I have to agree with a reasonable post when I don't want to. :)

So assuming Tom gets picked for origin two and three and doesn’t back up after he won’t be able to play again for us until we play the sharks in the 23rd July ? Please correct me if I have this wrong

So assuming Tom gets picked for origin two and three and doesn’t back up after he won’t be able to play again for us until we play the sharks in the 23rd July ? Please correct me if I have this wrong

Sorry, he won't be available till preseason 2024. He will be out for the rest of the year with a season ending injury in O3.

We had one great week with him running off Schu vs Canberra and that will be it.

100%.
He never received any ball as a centre as the 4 Panthers Players wouldn’t pass to him.
I cringe every time he takes those hit-ups.
Isn’t that the job of the forwards and wingers ??
Love the guy and his family but he was never ready for the frantic game of SOO.
Nope, it’s also the job of centres in the modern game. You didn’t notice Hank and Harper and Koula making all this hit ups to allow the big boys to get back and catch their breath?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4