Tommy Raudonikis gets personal in attack on NSW Blues Origin coach Laurie Daley

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
NSW great Tommy Raudonikis has launched a blistering personal attack on Blues' coach Laurie Daley.

Read More

NSW great Tommy Raudonikis has launched a blistering personal attack on Blues' coach Laurie Daley.

Raudonikis, fuming at not being invited to a NSW dinner last month, took aim at the siz
85237861.jpg
e of Daley's nose and branded Blues' assistant Trent Barrett "the most overrated player".

Raudonikis failed to get an invite because he's not a former "winning captain" - the invites going to series winners only.

Gavin Miller (1989), Ray Price (1983-84) and Max Krilich (1982-83) also missed invites on the same grounds.

"Look, I'm a winner, I'm not a loser, and for him to only invite winning captains, well mate, I am cut to the bone," Raudonikis told Triple M's The Grill Team this morning.

"My great mate Arthur Beetson, he was invited to every State of Origin Queensland function and we kicked the damn thing off.

"Now, look mate, I'm that filthy and Laurie Daley wants to have a good look at himself and have a look at the staff.

"He also mentioned that when I go down to State of Origin or whatever, I bagged the players - well, why wouldn't I bag them? After losing for eight, for eight years, they deserve bagging."

Raudonikis's spray soon turned personal.

"I'll tell you something about Laurie Daley, I think his big nose is getting in the way of a lot of things.

"Mate, he's got to teach New South Wales how to win, he hasn't done that.

"And another thing, I spoke to the New South Wales team a number of years ago and okay, they probably said 'who's this silly old bastard?' You know, if they would have listened to what I told them about hatred and winning, they mightn't be in this predicament today.

"I really mean that guys. New South Wales are very, very lucky that their supporters haven't turfed them…

"If your business is going bad, don't you sack people? Trent Barrett, he's the most overrated player. Now, I'm getting a bit nasty here, but why wouldn't I? That's the way I am."

Daley said Raudonikis wasn't left off the invite list as a directive.

"No-one has got an issue with him in terms of a bloke, it's just that every time Origin rolls around they just cop it," Daley said.

"But it wasn't a directive at all.

"They have done all different ones and I was trying to do something a little different. I wanted to have the winning captains there.

"It wasn't a snub of anyone in particular."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/tommy-raudonikis-gets-personal-in-attack-on-nsw-blues-origin-coach-laurie-daley/story-fniabjcr-1226817510620

Max Krilich Captain of the historic Kangaroo team that went 22 games unbeaten through the 1982 tour of Britain and France was not invited by big nose either

Losing State of Origin series coaches should not be invited to the NSW dinner as well

BOZO said:
Max Krilich Captain of the historic Kangaroo team that went 22 games unbeaten through that 1982 tour of Britain and France was not invited by big nose either

Daley is the epitome of a walking, talking moron. The only upside of him coaching the Blues is we don't have to put up with his inane commentary on Fox.

I can understand Daley trying to replicate QLD's winning culture in any way possible, but he must have know this would be viewed dimly by many people. Excluding former players who dont have acceptable prerequisites (despite playing for NSW) is not the way of rugby league. He has dug his own hole here

“And another thing, I spoke to the New South Wales team a number of years ago and okay, they probably said ‘who’s this silly old bastard?’ You know, if they would have listened to what I told them about hatred and winning, they mightn’t be in this predicament today."

Hmmm, I don't know … granted Tommy knows a bit about hatred, but he doesn't know too much about winning, does he?

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a special table there for losing captains (providing they can find one big enough) !

Stupid decision by Daley to leave out certain captains. Even more stupid of Tommy to get personal.
Let's pit the two on the undercard to one of Mundine's great mismatches: Big Nose V Big Opinion.

daley has always had an outsized ego. I believe Raudonikis will be remembered long after daley ever will be

Give it to him Tommy. Thump him one. That's how it was done in the old days. Just thump a bloke........( has to be read in gruff Tommy voice with a fag hanging out the side of your mouth)

DSM5 said:
It's reported in the Herald that Daley wants Gidley back in the team. If you're a QLd supporter, it can't get any better than that.

Yes, I saw that report too.

Related article:

Kurt Gidley tipped to help Laurie Daley break Origin stranglehold

Click here to read the article.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7