Tommy loves Manly !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
http://theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/tommy-raudonikis-falls-for-fibro-style-manly/story-fnca0von-1226647915218

Never thought I'd see the day !! Lol he is 1 of my favourites old Tommy

I've got a favourite called old Tommy. My Dad. He taught me to love Manly and it worked.

That's a big call from Tommy.
Maybe he's going senile or something maybe too many knocks to his head?
Good on him.
Who doesn't love the way we play. With guts and determination.

Well thats what this legendary club does.

It has a aura about it that no other club has. I think every Manly ledgend was born with maroon blood.

We have known this to be so ever since we clawed our way back into the competition. We still call ourselves Silvertails but it's not because we are rich and powerful.

So many people say they hate Manly and it is just some second-hand judgment passed down from their elders and left over from the '70s and '80s. I am going to copy that article about Tommy's view, print it, enlarge it, and place it prominently at my workplace. For Raudonikis to say what he did is pretty big and will cause people to stop and think.

The new Manly under Geoff Toovey is going to win over more fans than we've ever had before.

told it before, but I can't resist this tommy anecdote: 1982 GF day (try to forget the result...): tommy is retiring from the sydney comp and is given a little tribute thing in the buildup. Someone makes the mistake of letting him give a speech (a bit of context: big dramas in the news about dirty play, the judiciary crackdowns etc). here's Tommy:

'Thanks thanks bla bla. Well I'm heading up to Brisbane to play and coach coz they're payin me heaps of money. For the grand final, good luck to both teams, and I hope there's heaps of biff, yeah beautiful.'

Unreconstructed to this day.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
So many people say they hate Manly and it is just some second-hand judgment passed down from their elders and left over from the '70s and '80s.

Yes too true, but lets not forget in 2011 when we were gathering momentum in the lead up to the semis and GF - article after article about Manly Hate. Wait a minute; is the "news" about all the Manly hate simply reporting what the league population is talking about? Or does the media pull those 'stories' from their ass and then reinvigorate Manly Hate in the feeble minded numbskulls who jump on the Manly hate bandwagon? I think the weight of worthiness that the media gives a thing like Manly Hate when it prints at least half a dozen conjured up stories is immense.

If the Media continues to actually print stories about news; such as an old Manly Hater like Tommy saying he loves Manly, and not simply print something from thin air, then maybe we have a chance of the pendulum swinging the other way.

Manly Hate will only live as long as the Media promote it; if the reverberations of a time gone bye are actually left to fade away (as history does) then there is no news about Manly Hate....

Thanks Tommy for making a stand to acknowledge the actual fact; Manly are a team that league fans like (just need to find a way to get them to admit it!)

Senility & Tommy Raudonikus go hand in hand.
Nice comment he made but.... please!
The man is a moron!

Just because he has passion (SOO) doesn't mean he has a brain in his head.
Why the media drag him out out around SOO time is because of his moronic comments.
He's a blight on the Blues.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4