Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I rest my case .. if you only think he might "likely" be better than poor old Jorge and Boyle then that is a pretty sad judgement .
Sorry, worded badly. My point was that with the current roster, he would be more likely to get on field that either Jorge or Boyle who are well down the pecking order in their respective positions.
Why, did he get the best out of GoJetski, or Suli ? ... Dessie is a great coach .. but he isn't Omnipotent
Both these players have been hampered by injury in the last few years. Jack has limitations in ability & Suli has an attitudinal problem (great in attack, but poor in defence)
Fair call .. but whoever made the decision to release him made it pretty quick ..
It appears so - don't think he was contracted at the time. I heard that Des was interested in him & was surprised that the club had let him go. Tom played both codes as kid and always had Rugby aspirations, including playing for the Wallabies. He said it was difficult to turn the down the chance to play Super Rugby (with good salary) - this was pre Covid when there was lots of international travel in that comp. He has done well in Rugby & recently toured the Northern hemisphere with the Wallabies.

He could play centre easily. He has the speed and attack and better than either of our current centres as well as Dylan Walker.

Des would teach him how to be more committed in D like he has for the majority of the team.

.unfortunately Barret did not do his fundamental job, in improving each and every player through good coaching.

You're dreaming ... but if you are correct I am looking forward to the bidding war by clubs to sign him on a motza ..

PS .. I do think some club will sign him for the right price .. and it won't be a motza.

Sorry, worded badly. My point was that with the current roster, he would be more likely to get on field that either Jorge or Boyle who are well down the pecking order in their respective positions.

Both these players have been hampered by injury in the last few years. Jack has limitations in ability & Suli has an attitudinal problem (great in attack, but poor in defence)

It appears so - don't think he was contracted at the time. I heard that Des was interested in him & was surprised that the club had let him go. Tom played both codes as kid and always had Rugby aspirations, including playing for the Wallabies. He said it was difficult to turn the down the chance to play Super Rugby (with good salary) - this was pre Covid when there was lots of international travel in that comp. He has done well in Rugby & recently toured the Northern hemisphere with the Wallabies.
Very well executed post feathered friend

You're dreaming ... but if you are correct I am looking forward to the bidding war by clubs to sign him on a motza ..

PS .. I do think some club will sign him for the right price .. and it won't be a motza.

Isn't this what this thread is for. Dreaming and discussing the one that got away thanks to Twent.

Why would he leave union if he is playing for the Wallabies?

He could potentially be the exact centre needed at Manly. But how much would you pay for his potential to return from union? Would the NRL chip in like they did for SBW to play at the Rooters. .

Isn't this what this thread is for. Dreaming and discussing the one that got away thanks to Twent.

Why would he leave union if he is playing for the Wallabies?
Agreed - the guy has evolved into an international rugby player quicker than a Charlie Darwin chimpanzee.

By the way
Tom Wrights Star is still on the Rise .....

Wallabies lock in rising star until 2023 Rugby World Cup
SMH

Wallabies winger Tom Wright has recommitted to the Brumbies and Australian rugby until the 2023 World Cup.
The St Joseph’s College product and former NRL player signed a contract extension last year until the end of 2021.

By the way
Tom Wrights Star is still on the Rise .....

Wallabies lock in rising star until 2023 Rugby World Cup
SMH

Wallabies winger Tom Wright has recommitted to the Brumbies and Australian rugby until the 2023 World Cup.
The St Joseph’s College product and former NRL player signed a contract extension last year until the end of 2021.

Thanks @BOZO It was clearly not the Wright time for Tom's second coming. I am sure this discussion will be resurrected in 2023.... possibly around Easter 2023 😉

Good video,it also highlights the 2 pissweak efforts in defence in the first half that let in tries.
Lazy from marker and got caught out on the line and then instead of going to wrap the ball and player up,tried to grab the jersey and let in another.
Looks good when running but maybe dropped for the defence?
Many said the same about Saab early in the season but he had something Tom Wright didn't have. A coach that stuck by him to unlock some huge talent.

Had Wright been here when Des returned I have little doubt he would have had a lot more game time and probably still be here.

The thread here is that TBaz is a career killer for so many players.
He was no doubt talented, but rather than stick at he decided to ask leave to go to Rugba .. and Dessie released him and didn't appear to do to much to get him to stay. My personal opinion is he wasn't mentally mature or tuff enough.
Straight from the Donald Trump school of make stuff up. He was gone before Des took up the Reigns after being totally mismanaged by the great TBaz.

Many said the same about Saab early in the season but he had something Tom Wright didn't have. A coach that stuck by him to unlock some huge talent.

Had Wright been here when Des returned I have little doubt he would have had a lot more game time and probably still be here.

The thread here is that TBaz is a career killer for so many players.

Straight from the Donald Trump school of make stuff up. He was gone before Des took up the Reigns after being totally mismanaged by the great TBaz.
Yes,others may have said that about Saab,however I never said that so what others have said is a little irrelevant.
There are some pretty tough hombres playing in the backs in union and his replacement(Kellaway) when he was dropped was smaller,slower and not as powerful but straight away looked like he belonged and played with a decisiveness and commitment and toughness that Tom lacks and made Tom look like a reserve grader,saying Des would fix that is hypothetical and unprovable.
The thread is actually about Tom not Trent?I do not really care about Trent,I prefer to live in the present and look to the future....
.Just as a thought,I have seen many Dogs games this year and the one thing they had was commitment,they showed up and had a dig every game until the end and it did not look like a side where the coach had lost the players,if they have another poor season with all their recruits then that well may change.

Yes,others may have said that about Saab,however I never said that so what others have said is a little irrelevant.
There are some pretty tough hombres playing in the backs in union and his replacement(Kellaway) when he was dropped was smaller,slower and not as powerful but straight away looked like he belonged and played with a decisiveness and commitment and toughness that Tom lacks and made Tom look like a reserve grader,saying Des would fix that is hypothetical and unprovable.
The thread is actually about Tom not Trent?I do not really care about Trent,I prefer to live in the present and look to the future....
.Just as a thought,I have seen many Dogs games this year and the one thing they had was commitment,they showed up and had a dig every game until the end and it did not look like a side where the coach had lost the players,if they have another poor season with all their recruits then that well may change.
what you Smokin Joe?????

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8