Tom Trbojevic makes fools of us all as Manly maul Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gee I love trbo but hate how the media milk him dry.

The forwards are far and away the most important factor, they were huge today and if any headlines should emerge from that game it should be based on the turnaround of our forwards and the great work of Keppie and to a lesser extent Walker

Trbo great, dce great, foz great, Aloiai better, Olakautau better. Taupau a few discipline issues again but better and that bench rotation was awesome today. Completely forgot we had paseka then he came on and carried our momentum through to the end of the 80 minutes. Constant control of the momentum and field position due to their efforts and des’ improved rotation.

Schuster still a ways to go but he gets another chance next week. Focused more running this week which was a good start.

Defence was my only concern as they were vulnerable at times but usually due to a bit of complacency after we got ahead (eg some semi-lazy linespeed at times). However they had good periods as well. Des said we fixed most areas today but defence was probably one he still wants us to aim up on. Luckily we play souths, and des will stress the importance of defence after souths defended penrith out of the game in week 1.

The forwards are far and away the most important factor, they were huge today and if any headlines should emerge from that game it should be based on the turnaround of our forwards and the great work of Keppie and to a lesser extent Walker

Trbo great, dce great, foz great, Aloiai better, Olakautau better. Taupau a few discipline issues again but better and that bench rotation was awesome today. Completely forgot we had paseka then he came on and carried our momentum through to the end of the 80 minutes. Constant control of the momentum and field position due to their efforts and des’ improved rotation.

Schuster still a ways to go but he gets another chance next week. Focused more running this week which was a good start.

Defence was my only concern as they were vulnerable at times but usually due to a bit of complacency after we got ahead (eg some semi-lazy linespeed at times). However they had good periods as well. Des said we fixed most areas today but defence was probably one he still wants us to aim up on. Luckily we play souths, and des will stress the importance of defence after souths defended penrith out of the game in week 1.
Agree but keppie and schmole both had absolute blinders

Turbo plays like a forward at times. He takes hit-ups and uses his sizeable frame to run over players. This sets him apart from even the finest fullbacks, Tedesco, Slater, Stewart...
The closest fullback I've seen with his tackle-busting power is the great Wombat.
If Turbo lasts for a few more season I'm going to have to rate him the finest fullback I've seen, and I go back as far as Chang-a-lang.

Turbo plays like a forward at times. He takes hit-ups and uses his sizeable frame to run over players. This sets him apart from even the finest fullbacks, Tedesco, Slater, Stewart...
The closest fullback I've seen with his tackle-busting power is the great Wombat.
If Turbo lasts for a few more season I'm going to have to rate him the finest fullback I've seen, and I go back as far as Chang-a-lang.
Great coaching tonight.

We never doubted he would.
He hit that line to score with so much lack of self preservation.
It really scared me.
Showed everyone how much a team player he is ,anything but a one man team.

I’m fine with it because Turbo looks like he takes the pressure really well
1. (& most importantly) he’s given himself a social media ban (besides sponsor stuff i think
2. He doesnt drink in season
3. He seems really level headed under pressure and has said how he is a “process person”
4. He has extremely high standards and drives the team
5. Because he takes this responsibility, involuntarily, it lets DCE and the rest do their own thing

But yes i would like some other boys given some credit. DCE especially - statistically he’s been the best halfback this year but you don’t hear a peep about it because the media and public dont like him

Defence would have been a worry if they had scored maybe 18 points like the Bulldogs and Cowboys did. To keep them to 6, at one point they had around 3 sets in a row, was the best since the Eels game.

Keppie went gang busters, Olakautau was good but can get even better next week

Yeah Keppie went gang busters, very glad he’a come on to show our experienced players the way. Olakautau was good but can get even better next week

Defence would have been a worry if they had scored maybe 18 points like the Bulldogs and Cowboys did. To keep them to 6, at one point they had around 3 sets in a row, was the best since the Eels game.
I agree but we looked a bit vulnerable at times and a few roosters plays came undone with errors. I have all faith that we can show steely defence next weeks big game but just thought it looked a little vulnerable. Had a quick skim of souths’ forum and they thought similar.

In terms of our defence in the roosters half we were outstanding. But I think we looked just a little skeptical on our edges at times with tedesco’s shifts in our end of the field.

Nothing that cant be fixed in an even bigger game next week

I’m fine with it because Turbo looks like he takes the pressure really well
1. (& most importantly) he’s given himself a social media ban (besides sponsor stuff i think
2. He doesnt drink in season
3. He seems really level headed under pressure and has said how he is a “process person”
4. He has extremely high standards and drives the team
5. Because he takes this responsibility, involuntarily, it lets DCE and the rest do their own thing

But yes i would like some other boys given some credit. DCE especially - statistically he’s been the best halfback this year but you don’t hear a peep about it because the media and public dont like him
Yeah great point. And if we did make it to a gf and faced the storm again i’d love for them to focus solely on tom again. If they do and our forwards are on we’ll have a few similar plays to last night. Jake made a line break because all eyes were on Trbo and our halves were happy to take a few hitups when things weren’t on.

Just got to get through souths, hopefully we expose the inexperience of Taffe this week

I’m there already. He is the complete footballer both physically and mentally. Melbourne shut him down because they smothered us and we had no go forward thus no platform for Turbo to explode from.

I’m there already. He is the complete footballer both physically and mentally. Melbourne shut him down because they smothered us and we had no go forward thus no platform for Turbo to explode from.
and the vermin will do that much better than the depleted chooks, and the scum will re-employ the same smothering tactics ... we need to lift to the next level ...

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8