Tom T - Omfg

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need to remember that Tom T was going to be nursed into the side on the wing for the next year or so. He does do good things he look dangerous, but defensively he needs work (nothing will beat this more than time in first grade) and he needs to develop his understanding within the team (both vocally and where he needs to be). Again nothing will sort this more than time in first grade.

This start to the season will be the making of Tom. It will toughen him up and make him realise that life in the NRL is tougher than 20s

Neither of them would of been happy playing in reserve grade on the chance of a back line injury like we currently have with Snake though mate. Although both would be better on the wing then either or there tonight. Jorge needs to show far more involvement and unfortunately I just don't think Williame is NRL standard.
Snake is gone - will make cameo appearances at best @:cool:

Fullback is a holy position in a Manly team. When you put that number on, you fill a space of extreme privilege. We've all spoken about Tom, and these are the games where a young FB steps up, like Wombat did at 18, and snake has done, and even Hiku did.

You don't allow your opposition player to get over you. Body on the line. Tom T has got it all. Manly need that now. Big, fast, talented. He has to have more respect for the number he's wearing. Apologies if I sound harsh. As a fan tonight, I expected him to step up and at least realise the impact JT was having and challenge it.
Your an idiot. What's he meant to do when the halves play like that.

Tom T is certainly not in the same postcode as Shake at this stage.
He is nowhere near Tedesco either.

He seems to lack a sense if urgency. His positional play is poor. Look at most if the tries Wests scored. Tom seemed to be a step behind and always standing up - not prepared to get dirty and on the ground.

All the experts calling for Bret to stand aside for Tom to take over clearly have no idea - you know who you are.
Tom is at least 18 months away from reaching somewhere near his potential.

Snakes return cannot come soon enough.

Your an idiot. What's he meant to do when the halves play like that.
Put his body on the line and smash his opposing number. Wherever he is, you are.
Rugby League 101.
I witnessed Snake break his shoulder at 18 trying to stop a runaway Killer vs Parramatta. As a first grade fullback for Manly, that's what he's "meant to do".
Last line, all or nothing.

Well what did Tedesco do for marty and walkers tries

I'm just saying he's got to man up.
At full back you've GOT to mark your opposing No.1, and Tom's big enough, fast enough and old enough to at least be tracking him in attack and opposing him.
Maybe its inexperience, and certainly Cherry should take some of the same advice....he should have been up and in the face of Brookes. Their halves had way too much time.

FFS, get some aggression out of the sheds. At this level, they should be able to self motivate and wanna smash their opposite number.

Guys none of this is Tom T's fault. He was an emerging gun last year. Barrett, Dan Ferris and Co. have wrecked this team. They are incompetent. You cannot blame the players when they are clearly all much better players than this team suggests. Barrett has ruined a winning culture and system. He could have kept Donny Singe who had won 2 premierships as a trainer but he brought in Dan Ferris. If we start blaming players for this rabble it is completely unfair.

Well, watched lots of fullbacks play for Manly, and that is the poorest effort from a Manly fullback I've seen.

No care, no talk, no runs, no injection.
Crikey,....just have a go next game young man.
You are a tosspot. What game do you watch when you think a fullback marks up against another fullback. It's not rugby league.

And you aren't an anything. Dont try and stir the pot. Go away and don't come back. Same goes for anyone else bagging a nineteen year old fullback in his thirteenth game if first grade. That game was lost because Barret is sticking loyal to his picks. Korisau isn't a patch on parcel. Myles was lethargic and ineffective. Brown is okay but a bench player and I don't think we can carry both him and ferris. Api is surplus to first grade needs with brown and buhrer in the seventeen.

Makes you wonder what we spent on him Lewis Brown and Nate Myles and Lussick and if that could have covered hiku and guthos wage.

• 🏆
Reactions: R3
The Manly pack was outmuscled tonight. It's very difficult for backs to play well there is no room for them, not to mention the skew of the possession was very much in the Tigers favour limiting the opportunities for our backs.

I think what Tom is currently finding out re his positioning at FB, is that things happen a lot faster in the NRL than they do in the U/20's. The ball goes from one side of the field to the other a lot faster and with a lot more precision and he was caught out a few times tonight.

He will be a great fullback, of that I have no doubt. But he's basically been thrown in the deep end right now with Snake's injury. Remember that Snake has played 222 games for Manly, 8 Origins and 1 Test while tonight was Tom's 11th game in first grade and just his second full game at fullback. Snake was great in attack when he first came into grade, especially with his speed, but it took him a while to work out his positioning and defence.

What Tom needs is experience. That will come. Right now he's a 19 year old kid with less than half a years worth of games under his belt. His time will come.

One thing I think is pretty obvious though. The team did not do a lot of work running things during the off-season with Tom at fullback. From the looks of it almost everything was done with Snake at FB and Tom on the wing.

Snake's hammy seems to have thrown everything into chaos.

Last edited:
Well, watched lots of fullbacks play for Manly, and that is the poorest effort from a Manly fullback I've seen.

No care, no talk, no runs, no injection.
Crikey,....just have a go next game young man.
Well, I have seen a lot of wankers posts and your post is the poorest effort I have seen . Pure premature ejaculation
laughing_and_pointing_emoticon_312207.jpg

That IS the fear. And, unlike last year, we don't have good cover if that happens.

Is that a pure hunch HM?
Just the talk around the Cafes. His body is like all of ours, as we age the recovery times just get longer and longer - then Snake has to cope with the diabetes to boot :(

Now that the rains have finally come and dropped this relentless 30+ temperature, I'm hoping that our players' bodies will be under less duress.

No one has the line speed to harass any opposing half combo this year :confused:

Last edited:
  • 📚
Reactions: Rex
His positioning was no good. He doesn't have the explosive speed to get back in defence quickly and the same for on the wing due to his lanky long frame
Yes tall people make for terrible sprinters.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6