Tom Symonds V Idris

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle Has Landed said:
Tom Symonds in one of the best games I've seen from T-Red.
MOTM for sure how the Hell did Moylan get it in a losing side?
Same way DCE got MOM in grand final ahead of SBW.

Eagle1306 said:

:huh:

SBW only plays in the last 20 minutes of games, to save his pure body :cool:
DCE was the best player in the GF.

Moylan was hardly sighted, that Mansour was the one who gave Manly grief :sleepy:

HappilyManly said:
Eagle1306 said:

:huh:

SBW only plays in the last 20 minutes of games, to save his pure body :cool:
DCE was the best player in the GF.

Moylan was hardly sighted, that Mansour was the one who gave Manly grief :sleepy:

Moylan is a rising star. He wasn't the best player on the field in anyone's language.

HE got Nein's MOM as a consistent finale to their typical anti-Manly MO all afternoon.

I seriously did mute the commentary a dozen times at least!

As for Tommy...He's easily in the 17 (ahead of Hasson for mine, once BJ's back). And I'd leave him in the 12 now, too (with Horo on the bench).

Horo showed good energy and aggression in his spells.

TRed (like Ferris) gets better the longer he's starting games and getting long minutes. (Did Tom play the full 80 today??)

I thought Moylan was the Panthers best. Mansour was good for them as well.

Moylan's biggest issue is he lacks size and pace. He is not a genuine speedster, and he is lean. Sure, he does some great things and has a smart football brain, but he lacks the speed to be a Slater, and the size to be an Inglis. He is a Luke Patten if ever there was one.

Snake said:
Moylan's biggest issue is he lacks size and pace. He is not a genuine speedster, and he is lean. Sure, he does some great things and has a smart football brain, but he lacks the speed to be a Slater, and the size to be an Inglis. He is a Luke Patten if ever there was one.

Not sure about him not having speed. Looked pretty quick to me.

the mauler said:
Snake said:

Not sure about him not having speed. Looked pretty quick to me.

He has been run down in a few games this year. Don't get me wrong, he is not slow, but you'd compare him to Hiku, more so than Snake for example.

Min must have been watching another game, moylan was awesome, found plenty of space always in the right spot and saving tries. Deserved mom to me.

Foz was our best today followed by tommy s

SEA EAGLES BACKROWER COMPLETES LAST-MINUTE MOVE TO STUN PANTHERS
2 Sep 2014Manly DailyAndrew Prentice

TIME almost stood still for Tom Symonds at Brookvale Oval on Sunday afternoon.
With the Sea Eagles trailing the Panthers by three points with the clock ticking, Kieran Foran sent a towering bomb to the heavens.

Jamie Lyon reacted first, and Symonds knew it was go time, with roughly 70 seconds left of the game.

The backrower was floating on the right edge as cover for his captain, and quickly steadied himself.

“When Peta Hiku got his hands on the ball I was definitely a little nervous,” Symonds said yesterday.

“He dummied and that gave me a little more time.
“Jamie Soward was coming across as cover, but he paused when Peta held on to the ball for a split second.
“That gave me the space I needed. I knew then I simply had to catch the ball and dive over.
“I kept calm and did the basics – as soon as I scored the try it was amazing – the crowd went ballistic.”

Symonds’ four-pointer at the death sealed a remarkable 26-25 victory and also made him the latest sporting hero of the peninsula.

Manly have been the comeback kings at Brookie this year, stealing late home wins from under the noses of Parramatta, Newcastle and Penrith.

They are now just 80 minutes away from securing their first minor premiership since 1997 if they beat the Cowboys in Townsville this Saturday night.

“We didn’t play well, but all the boys were keen to win – it was such a milestone game with Jason King’s last game at home and Steve Matai’s 200th,” he said.
“We were happy to get the two points, we were never out of the contest.”

Symonds just moved to Collaroy from Sydney’s east – a concept he would have scoffed at a few years ago.

“In the end, the travelling from training was doing my head in,” he said. “I love it on the northern beaches – it is very laid back.
“I am keen to stay at the club long-term, but my manager looks after all that stuff.
“Hopefully a deal can be sorted soon, I am enjoying life as a Sea Eagle.”

HappilyManly said:
SEA EAGLES BACKROWER COMPLETES LAST-MINUTE MOVE TO STUN PANTHERS
2 Sep 2014Manly DailyAndrew Prentice

TIME almost stood still for Tom Symonds at Brookvale Oval on Sunday afternoon.
With the Sea Eagles trailing the Panthers by three points with the clock ticking, Kieran Foran sent a towering bomb to the heavens.

Jamie Lyon reacted first, and Symonds knew it was go time, with roughly 70 seconds left of the game.

The backrower was floating on the right edge as cover for his captain, and quickly steadied himself.

“When Peta Hiku got his hands on the ball I was definitely a little nervous,” Symonds said yesterday.

“He dummied and that gave me a little more time.
“Jamie Soward was coming across as cover, but he paused when Peta held on to the ball for a split second.
“That gave me the space I needed. I knew then I simply had to catch the ball and dive over.
“I kept calm and did the basics – as soon as I scored the try it was amazing – the crowd went ballistic.”

Symonds’ four-pointer at the death sealed a remarkable 26-25 victory and also made him the latest sporting hero of the peninsula.

Manly have been the comeback kings at Brookie this year, stealing late home wins from under the noses of Parramatta, Newcastle and Penrith.

They are now just 80 minutes away from securing their first minor premiership since 1997 if they beat the Cowboys in Townsville this Saturday night.

“We didn’t play well, but all the boys were keen to win – it was such a milestone game with Jason King’s last game at home and Steve Matai’s 200th,” he said.
“We were happy to get the two points, we were never out of the contest.”

Symonds just moved to Collaroy from Sydney’s east – a concept he would have scoffed at a few years ago.

“In the end, the travelling from training was doing my head in,” he said. “I love it on the northern beaches – it is very laid back.
“I am keen to stay at the club long-term, but my manager looks after all that stuff.
“Hopefully a deal can be sorted soon, I am enjoying life as a Sea Eagle.”

BUMP!

Excellent article and summation of the situation, our team, and of course, Tom.

Lucky bugger, moving to the Northern beaches.

Hope he's with us for years now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6