Tom Symonds now signed?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Sun-Herald: "Abbott promises Brookie a lifeline"
Tom Symonds is expected to report to Manly training on Monday after his transfer from the Roosters was finalised over the weekend. Symonds will provide cover for Glenn Stewart, who will miss the opening rounds due to injury.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leagu...z2MMssrW44

susan said:
I may be howled down but he will be a better player than Buhrer with a clear injury run.Loads of potential and will be a regular in the side before year end.

He is such a good young player that I figured this was just a BS rumor when I first heard is. The roosters must be in real bad salary cap problems to let him go.

Absolute ripper pick up for us.

Dave Warwick has done a great job with recruitment. He must have been the real star recruiter, not Crusher.

An odd event with Warwick going to the Dogs, only for Crusher to then be bought in with Des, so the Dogs allow him to return to us. I wouldn't suggest that one is a better option than the other, but I think many underrated Warwick during that period.

Jono said:
Dave Warwick has done a great job with recruitment. He must have been the real star recruiter, not Crusher.

I have heard this as well, Warwick did the work Crusher got the glory, and the reason he left in the first place ( but luckily was able to return)

it's funny reading around other sites and talking to other people about our recruiting, jealousy i'm sure, but you see so many 'just picking up other clubs scraps', when you look closely, none of them are anywhere near scraps and i think there's going to be some real selection headaches should injuries be rare. every pick up looks to be perfectly targeted, throw in the mix of juniors on the verge and we look really strong. good thing about the recruits is it should give some of the younger kids a bit more time to develop before throwing them in first grade. provided the kids are patient and dont go hunting other clubs the way our roster is now, there are plenty of opportunities in a year or two for these kids to slot right in, well prepared and mentored by those who's role they may take over. super smart recruiting i say. couldnt be more stoked.

Warwick seems to be the recruiting guru.

Crusher will still look good at the dogs only because their NSW and Toyota cup teams finished at the top of the table last year. Those teams were built up by his predecessors and time will tell.

Hamster Huey said:
An odd event with Warwick going to the Dogs, only for Crusher to then be bought in with Des, so the Dogs allow him to return to us. I wouldn't suggest that one is a better option than the other, but I think many underrated Warwick during that period.

I don't think the dogs "allowed" him to come back to Manly. He was just an employee not on a contract, so he was free to take the job and then resign when the better opportunity arose back at Manly. The reports and the time suggested Hasler was far from pleased when Warwick back flipped.

Tom Symond's tweeted a short while ago "@TommySymonds: Really tough & sad to leave the @sydneyroosters after such a long time, but I'm looking forward to a new chapter & new challenges at Manly!"

He probably should change his twitter pic.

I'm not criticising Dave Warwick, but you don't need to be a quality recruitment officer to realise that Tom Symonds, injuries permitting, is a quality player.

Have to be honest seems Lot of competiton for the vacant trex spot, jamie buhrer has it pressure chee kam, horo, symonds and joe. I think both symonds and horo fantastic pick ups.

winnyason said:
Have to be honest seems Lot of competiton for the vacant trex spot, jamie buhrer has it pressure chee kam, horo, symonds and joe. I think both symonds and horo fantastic pick ups.

Not really there's problems with Choc and Gift. They will not be playing 26 rounds and 80 minutes each. These 2 guys have given their all the last few years and are feeling the pinch now. They need timeout and these recruits will now provide it. These are quality, specifically targeted recruits to fill a need. Horo,Fa'aoso,Symonds,Chee-Kam,Buhrer,Skinner,Gower they are going to figure predominantly this year.

The Sydney Roosters have today announced that Tom Symonds has been granted an immediate release from his contract to join the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.
Symonds, a local junior who made his first grade debut with the club in 2009, said: “I’m heartbroken to be leaving the only club I have ever known, but this has been my decision to make and as tough as it’s been to do this, I feel that it’s in my best interests.
“The Roosters have been great to me and from my teammates to all the staff, I’ve made so many friends here. It’s felt like family and the club and everyone associated with it will always hold a special place in my heart.
“But at the same time, I’m looking forward to a fresh start and to hopefully having the opportunity to play some more regular first grade footy.”
Sydney Roosters Head Coach, Trent Robinson, said: “Tom has been a great player for this club and has been a vital link to our community for many years.
“He is an honest and good man who we will miss greatly here at the Roosters. Manly are lucky to have a man of his character joining them and we wish Tom every success at his new club.”
Sydney Roosters COO Football, Brian Canavan, added: “Tom is a local junior who has worked his way up through the lower grades and it is with disappointment we see him go, but the way in which he has handled this process is testament to both his intelligence and character.
“He has a lot to offer the NRL and the club’s decision to grant Tom a release was based on what we consider in the best interests of his long-term playing future.
“Tom has been a fantastic clubman both on and off the field, and on behalf of everyone associated with the Sydney Roosters, we wish Tom all the very best and thank him for his outstanding contribution to our club.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6