Tolu Koula

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes, he's still green and has a bit to learn about defensive positioning, but he's already shown how willing he is to learn and his contact and intent in every tackle he's made has been very, very impressive. Defence is always the biggest worry with a new player but it doesn't look like it'll be an issue for Koula Shaker.

I actually think with a little more size and development Koula could be a quicker version of Staggs. Certainly explosive and great footwork.
yeah his excellent foot work has been a surprise for me as it was always apparent that he had a heap of natural speed and that as his main trade mark . Such a good technique in defence as well which is so critical for the modern day centre requirements . And to think that he was previously being touted primarily as a full back winger prospect , looks really promising and damaging as a centre and can only get better . Not too fazed about getting cut off by Brooks , same thing happened with Sabb and Garrick last season but they are also capable of burning off most player opposition all things normal .

Got to be one of the more impressive first 10 NRL games in Manly colours.

We knew about the speed, but the rest of the package wasn't advertised. As you say the tenacity and no fear.

He's a star.
Agreed @Rocky Koula has just focussed on doing his job. This has been particularly noticeable in his defence. Late in the game yesterday, it looked like he got a message to go looking for the ball behind the ruck. We all saw what happened next!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8